Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you guys are right about recruiting

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Oregon will rule the Pac 12 not UW

RACE - please repeat after me...

It's --- ARE YOU READY --- tHIS IS GOING TO BE A BIGGGGG TIMEEE STUNNERRRRRR --- are you READAYYYYY?!?!!?

Recruiting is NECESSARY for winning a Natty. However, not SUFFICIENT.

OH SHIT PICK YOUR BRAIN UP OFF THE GROUND!! OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK!!! FUCK O DEAR!!

But, tell me more about how guys like Andre Baccelia win natties all the time...
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This is not true.

The claim (at least from DDY/Coker) is not that recruiting is all that matters. The claim is that recruiting and coaching both matter, and since we now have elite coaching we are just elite recruiting away from legitimate contention.

It's not a particularly chinsightful or revolutionary claim, they just have to keep making it because people seem to keep missing the point.

Oregon doesn't have elite coaching. They aren't going to be better than us.
    I think you are wrong... maybe Coker, but not DDY

Someone says "Find the hottest Young recruiter and Buy him. Who cares if he can coach? That’s Pete’s problem."

can get 9 upvotes and 4 chins including a Chin from Dennis on here

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/983548#Comment_983548
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Houhusky said:

This is not true.

The claim (at least from DDY/Coker) is not that recruiting is all that matters. The claim is that recruiting and coaching both matter, and since we now have elite coaching we are just elite recruiting away from legitimate contention.

It's not a particularly chinsightful or revolutionary claim, they just have to keep making it because people seem to keep missing the point.

Oregon doesn't have elite coaching. They aren't going to be better than us.
    I think you are wrong... maybe Coker, but not DDY

Someone says "Find the hottest Young recruiter and Buy him. Who cares if he can coach? That’s Pete’s problem."

can get 9 upvotes and 4 chins including a Chin from Dennis on here

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/comment/983548#Comment_983548
    God you are a fucking retard man.

I appreciate your attempts to interpret my chins, but i'm still drunk from last night. Good attempt tho. In the future you're going to need to be a little more incisive - but you are starting off in the ballpark at least.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Houhusky said:

Dennis as his character currently stands is a deadman walking rolling... He just doesn't realize it yet. Dennis will have to drop the edgelord racist meme or he will see himself become the new Seattle times enemy to UW football if the recruiting website actually takes off.

- Legitimate paid service with a focus on UW recruiting
    - constantly pushing the idea that Pete is actually racist
    - being a UW fan that wants the best for UW

Pick two

If the Seattle Times, KG/Doogman, or some random Bama recruiting blog writing articles about Kaho was going around talking about "the troubling racism of OKG and Pete" everyone here would be pissed about how Seattle is such a cucked sports town that actively sabotages UW football since Don James.

I'M REALLY SERIOUS MAN. PETE HATES BLACK PEOPLE. CAN YOU TELL I AM SO SERIOUS!?!?! I KNOW HE HATES THEM HE IS HITLER.

Also - this is fucking stupid - basically 'don't criticize Pete' - okay, enjoy that. I'm sorry my joking around about a topic you hold dear to your heart (hatred of black people by white people) is hitting too close to home for you to see the humor, but i guess you will have to live through it.

Also they told me our site would be up by now and I'm really hungover and very sad it's not.
    Working for me. Have you tried flushing you're cookies? Update Java?
  • Options
    PatHadenFSPatHadenFS Member Posts: 542
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    *chinterpretation
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Houhusky said:

Dennis as his character currently stands is a deadman walking rolling... He just doesn't realize it yet. Dennis will have to drop the edgelord racist meme or he will see himself become the new Seattle times enemy to UW football if the recruiting website actually takes off.

- Legitimate paid service with a focus on UW recruiting
    - constantly pushing the idea that Pete is actually racist
    - being a UW fan that wants the best for UW

Pick two

If the Seattle Times, KG/Doogman, or some random Bama recruiting blog writing articles about Kaho was going around talking about "the troubling racism of OKG and Pete" everyone here would be pissed about how Seattle is such a cucked sports town that actively sabotages UW football since Don James.

I'M REALLY SERIOUS MAN. PETE HATES BLACK PEOPLE. CAN YOU TELL I AM SO SERIOUS!?!?! I KNOW HE HATES THEM HE IS HITLER.

Also - this is fucking stupid - basically 'don't criticize Pete' - okay, enjoy that. I'm sorry my joking around about a topic you hold dear to your heart (hatred of black people by white people) is hitting too close to home for you to see the humor, but i guess you will have to live through it.

Also they told me our site would be up by now and I'm really hungover and very sad it's not.
    That’s the thing our fanbase and media is very fucking stupid. They’d run with it. It’s obviously a fucking joke but it’s fucking Seattle, Dennis..
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

It's --- ARE YOU READY --- tHIS IS GOING TO BE A BIGGGGG TIMEEE STUNNERRRRRR --- are you READAYYYYY?!?!!?

OH SHIT PICK YOUR BRAIN UP OFF THE GROUND!! OH FUCK OH FUCK OH FUCK!!! FUCK O DEAR!!

But, tell me more about how guys like Andre Baccelia win natties all the time...
    Guys like Renfrow did. Twice.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Guys like Renfrow did. Twice.
    Yeah, Renfrow came up big in that game last night. Man, if only they had guys like him everywhere, they would be 17-0.
    Dammit, was hoping for a racial screed dumped upon me.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,865
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    Biggest woosh of all time?
  • Options
    DomicilloDomicillo Member Posts: 3,025

Coker and Dennis are obsessed with recruiting. I genuinely believe they get more excited about a commitment from a big prospect than actual wins.

My only complaint is when they say things like, “We are paying for our past sins in recruiting” after we lose to Oregon. Having more good players would help, but that game was more than winnable with our current roster. Same for Cal. We should have won those games with our roster exactly how it is.

That said, they know coaching is just as important. You can’t win big with great coaching if you don’t have the horses. You can have the horses and if your coaching is shitty, you won’t win either.

Would any of you be on this topic of BDTW wasn’t going to be up and running soon? These are Husky Football message boards to dick around on. It’s not that serious.

I care about UW Football, which also means I care about UW recruiting. If there wasnt a message board out there it wouldn’t mean I’d care about any of it any less, I’d just have less people to talk about it with.