Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you guys are right about recruiting

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,566
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BTW if you pull Jalen Hall out of Oregon's class from last year you get 45 commits included in the numbers at an average of 89.945 per recruit. UW has 40 commits in the calculus at an average of 89.975 per recruit.

The difference is marginal and I'm not going to beat my chest over it but UW has outrecruited Oregon per the composite over the Cristobal era (and those numbers would slant even more to UW if you just looked at 247).

TL;DR Cristobal has not outrecruited Pete.

5>15
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    “Imagine if Oklahoma had the year they had this year and then signed the 5th best class in their conference.”
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

BTW if you pull Jalen Hall out of Oregon's class from last year you get 45 commits included in the numbers at an average of 89.945 per recruit. UW has 40 commits in the calculus at an average of 89.975 per recruit.

The difference is marginal and I'm not going to beat my chest over it but UW has outrecruited Oregon per the composite over the Cristobal era (and those numbers would slant even more to UW if you just looked at 247).

TL;DR Cristobal has not outrecruited Pete.

5>15
    Congrats on finding numbers that have literally nothing to do with either Oregon or UW's rankings.

Good job, good effort.
  • Options

Back to my point

Cristobal has out recruited Pete twice and is 1-0 on the field against him

Petersen and his elite coaching found 4 losses this year. Has yet to win at Stanford. Now has USC back on the schedule.

It was fun to win the Pac 8 at 7-4 in 1977 because WE FUCKING BEAT A MORE TALENTED MICHIGAN IN THE ROSE BOWL

Its not fun to win this Pac 12 and get curb stomped. Better than not winning but I'm just going by what the recruitnix claim

We did not lack the talent to take it to Ohio State from the opening whistle or beat Cal

Its not the coordinator, its not the kids, its the coach who is responsible for all of it

If you want to crown his ass then crown it. But we let everyone off the hook

Nice job on Ngata by the way. Level up gang!!!!!!

I don't buy the "Cristobal has outrecruited Pete twice" claim, at all. Last year Oregon finished 3 spots ahead of us while signing 4 more kids. Our 247 Composite average was 90.21 to their 89.18. And that's a) with Eason not counting towards it b) with Kaho already taken out (as long as Oregon's losses and adds).

We had an easily better class last year than Oregon did.

I wouldn't trade classes with them this year but at least there's an argument this time around. The only areas they far exceed us at this year are a) WRs with a bunch of kids we turned down (debatable if that was the right call) b) secondary where I trust the hell out of Jimmy Lake c) edge rushers which they always kill us in but we actually had a good edge rusher class for once so you could definitely argue we improved there more than they did.

I'd take our class over theirs for what we needed. I'm sure an Oregon fan would say the same thing.

They can legitimately claim a better class this year based on rankings. They can't do that last year.

Edit: For some reason that average for Oregon still includes Jalen Hall (their 3rd highest recruit last year), so the gap for UW is even bigger than listed above.

We had a better class last year than Oregon did.
    I don't disagree with your poonts, but I'm not really crediting Cristobal for last year's recruiting class. It was holding on to Taggart's and David Kelley's guys while bringing in Sewell, whiffing on Devon Williams, and taking a flier on a future resident of San Quentin. It's borderline amazing we didn't get fucked for every teen boy considering the circumstances.

As for this year, it's a toss-up on who has the better class. I like Washington's DT haul, would love to have Bandes or Tuitele. But very different needs. We needed as many non-stiffs as we could get. Need to replace Helf's shit platter and Taggart's band of USF kids we should never have fucking wasted scholarships and exclusive Jordans on. Absolutely embarrassing group of skill players.

Next cycle will tell us more about what each coach is doing. Lots of high end kids on the West Coast. Alabama, LSU and other places that care about football will offer the finest HEMIs and poach some. But while Clay Helton is eating lead paint and Chip Kelly is busy smelling his farts both of our programs need to feast.
    Agree with all this but your last statement rings very true. There appear to be two programs on the west coast serious about football right now, those two better damn well pull monster classes next year (and in our case at least, 2021) or you can go ahead and officially hold the Pac a funeral.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Last I checked on early signing day those were the ranks

Just because your argument requires the suspension of disbelief and ignoring those numbers is not my problem

Cristobal has out recruited Pete. EVERYONE says so
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Last I checked on early signing day those were the ranks

Just because your argument requires the suspension of disbelief and ignoring those numbers is not my problem

Cristobal has out recruited Pete. EVERYONE says so

Everyone does not say he outrecuited Pete last year. 247 has UW at 13 and Oregon at 17 and that's before you 86 Hall from Oregon's class.

You claimed Mario has outrecruited Pete twice already. No suspension of disbelief required to see that you were wrong.

hth
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I would say a new coach coming in off the heels of Taggert's ride getting an even class with the established Petersen doesn't bode will for recruiting ourselves to the top

In fact this year only solidifies that though

Oregon loves to recruit. Maybe a franchise recruiting website for the ducks would work.

I think we fell behind USC as well this year as they recruited some "wide outs" whatever they are
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

I would say a new coach coming in off the heels of Taggert's ride getting an even class with the established Petersen doesn't bode will for recruiting ourselves to the top

Oregon loves to recruit. Maybe a franchise recruiting website for the ducks would work.

I think we fell behind USC as well this year as they recruited some "wide outs" whatever they are

This. It would have been a miracle if they'd gotten a couple of geriatrics like Race and me to sign with them last year.

If Cristoballin' has any success on the field there, he could wind up bringing in a lot of talent to the Youjeen.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

This. It would have been a miracle if they'd gotten a couple of geriatrics like Race and me to sign with them last year.

If Cristoballin' has any success on the field there, he could wind up bringing in a lot of talent to the Youjeen.
    Your incessant sucking off of Cristobol has gotten to the point where it’s pathetic.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    False premise post. False premise poster.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Not really. USC just took our wide outs. Oregon beat us on signing day and got our pass rushers

How long do we wait to dominate recruiting so our elite coach can win a Bowl game?
  • Options

Not really. USC just took our wide outs. Oregon beat us on signing day and got our pass rushers

How long do we wait to dominate recruiting so our elite coach can win a Bowl game?
    Wut?
  • Options
    WRDawgWRDawg Member Posts: 55
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    All of this is moot... we were the better team on the field despite the result. Oregon has out recruited Washington for the last decade pretty much. Pete has done more with less, but our good hasn't been good enough! Poor crunch time decisions by coach and a lackadaisical noodle arm leading the charge
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    WRDawg said:

All of this is moot... we were the better team on the field despite the result. Oregon has out recruited Washington for the last decade pretty much. Pete has done more with less, but our good hasn't been good enough! Poor crunch time decisions by coach and a lackadaisical noodle arm leading the charge

The better team wins the game. HTH
  • Options
    WRDawgWRDawg Member Posts: 55
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Hence the comments on coaching & QB...I may be new to the board, but not college football!

Doog logic,
    Purdue is better than Ohio State, because they won the game? HTH
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,556
    Swaye's Wigwam

Oregon will rule the Pac 12 not UW

This is not true.

The claim (at least from DDY/Coker) is not that recruiting is all that matters. The claim is that recruiting and coaching both matter, and since we now have elite coaching we are just elite recruiting away from legitimate contention.

It's not a particularly chinsightful or revolutionary claim, they just have to keep making it because people seem to keep missing the point.

Oregon doesn't have elite coaching. They aren't going to be better than us.
    We don't know that yet. Cristobal beat us this year. Wait until he gets his own guys in there!