Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

If you guys are right about recruiting

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,798
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

I would say a new coach coming in off the heels of Taggert's ride getting an even class with the established Petersen doesn't bode will for recruiting ourselves to the top

In fact this year only solidifies that though

Oregon loves to recruit. Maybe a franchise recruiting website for the ducks would work.

I think we fell behind USC as well this year as they recruited some "wide outs" whatever they are

This. It would have been a miracle if they'd gotten a couple of geriatrics like Race and me to sign with them last year.

If Cristoballin' has any success on the field there, he could wind up bringing in a lot of talent to the Youjeen.
    Your incessant sucking off of Cristobol has gotten to the point where it’s pathetic.
    7-11. Don't make me wait.
    I’ll bring Mario with me so you can gargle!
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

“Imagine if Oklahoma had the year they had this year and then signed the 5th best class in their conference.”

Oklahoma fans would shrug and realize they winning the Big 12 and playing in playoff games.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Wow talk about aids
  • Options

I would say a new coach coming in off the heels of Taggert's ride getting an even class with the established Petersen doesn't bode will for recruiting ourselves to the top

Oregon loves to recruit. Maybe a franchise recruiting website for the ducks would work.

I think we fell behind USC as well this year as they recruited some "wide outs" whatever they are

This. It would have been a miracle if they'd gotten a couple of geriatrics like Race and me to sign with them last year.

If Cristoballin' has any success on the field there, he could wind up bringing in a lot of talent to the Youjeen.
    Your incessant sucking off of Cristobol has gotten to the point where it’s pathetic.
    This is actually a pretty sharp comeback. Fudgepacker is "leveling up"
    *gurgle*
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye said:

Oregon will rule the Pac 12 not UW

This is not true.

The claim (at least from DDY/Coker) is not that recruiting is all that matters. The claim is that recruiting and coaching both matter, and since we now have elite coaching we are just elite recruiting away from legitimate contention.

It's not a particularly chinsightful or revolutionary claim, they just have to keep making it because people seem to keep missing the point.

Oregon doesn't have elite coaching. They aren't going to be better than us.
    I get your point, but I would argue that our coaching may actually not be Elite. It is good, to be sure, and elite on the D side of the ball, but our offensive philosophy is a pile of wet garbage and our ST this year looked like peanut butter being squished out a fat womans armpit. Not elite.
    George Washington Carver's corpse is triggered by your cultural appropriation and lack of credit.

Trying to stay DDY compliant.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

You fags have a very low standard for Elite. Or you do not understand what Elite means. Elite means top of the top. Dabo. Saban. Elite. We lose every big game we play. That't not Elite. Jesus. Our standards get lower every year.

You really think we haven't won anything by now if we had elite recruiting?

It's not a flawless coaching staff. With the right players it doesn't have to be. Did you see Bama's fake field goal yesterday?

It's a staff that if it had the talent of an average top 10 program would win and win big. I'm surprised that you disagree with that.
    I don't disagree with your last assessment. I agree they probably would win with better. But probably is the important word there. I have no way of knowing exactly how this would play out. I see poor in game management at times, atrocious special teams, and a lack of a killer instinct/fun. That is what my eyes tell me, and none of it is Elite. We have Paopao. Case closed.
    Fair enough, we'll agree to disagree. I still love you Chief.

Wood.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Houhusky said:

Dennis as his character currently stands is a deadman walking rolling... He just doesn't realize it yet. Dennis will have to drop the edgelord racist meme or he will see himself become the new Seattle times enemy to UW football if the recruiting website actually takes off.

- Legitimate paid service with a focus on UW recruiting
    - constantly pushing the idea that Pete is actually racist
    - being a UW fan that wants the best for UW

Pick two

If the Seattle Times, KG/Doogman, or some random Bama recruiting blog writing articles about Kaho was going around talking about "the troubling racism of OKG and Pete" everyone here would be pissed about how Seattle is such a cucked sports town that actively sabotages UW football since Don James.

I'M REALLY SERIOUS MAN. PETE HATES BLACK PEOPLE. CAN YOU TELL I AM SO SERIOUS!?!?! I KNOW HE HATES THEM HE IS HITLER.

Also - this is fucking stupid - basically 'don't criticize Pete' - okay, enjoy that. I'm sorry my joking around about a topic you hold dear to your heart (hatred of black people by white people) is hitting too close to home for you to see the humor, but i guess you will have to live through it.

Also they told me our site would be up by now and I'm really hungover and very sad it's not.
    Cheap shots aren't funny, DDY. That's why nobody's laughing except you.

You and Coker have discussed the issue thoroughly and reasonably on numerous occasions on the pod, and you make very good points. So why then start doing the typical "Seattle SJW Ally" bullshit of playing Black Athlete Superiority Guy while alienating your fans with boy who cried wolf baseless accusations of racism? It's trite, stupid and cheap - three words that do not fit with the DDY I know and love.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Once again, I waited and you didn't show. Had to make small talk with a crack dealer.

You confirmed yourself as a pussy.
  • Options

WRDawg said:

All of this is moot... we were the better team on the field despite the result. Oregon has out recruited Washington for the last decade pretty much. Pete has done more with less, but our good hasn't been good enough! Poor crunch time decisions by coach and a lackadaisical noodle arm leading the charge

Look, I'm not going to pretend like I've not invoked this concept. I have. When Miami outrushed, outpassed, dominated and outeverything'd Penn State in the '86 Fiesta Bowl and despite all that could not overcome their QB's apparent need to throw 5 picks - 5 BAD picks - I said and say, they were the better team on the field despite the result. But I also still have to say, winners win.

The box score of this year's Oregon game does not look like the box score of the '86 Fiesta Bowl. There's no doubt that Washington was the better team in 2018. Don't twist. But that day, on that field, in that game, Oregon played Washington straight up and circumstances gave them a chance to win, and they took it. That's football man.

All jokes aside, would I put $$ on Cristobal proving himself to be Pete's equal in time? No. Pete is a really good coach, and it's hard to be a really good coach. That's why there aren't that many of them. So on odds alone, he probably won't be in Pete's class.

But it was his first season, he improved them in some areas, and the jury is out. And like I told you fuckers, the guy can recruit, and that matters too. If he turns out to be a shit coach and all he does is recruit, then yeah it's all sizzle and hype.

And I have to tell ya: the whole "does more with less" bit is played out. If Washington is the program it says it is, then the poor mouth routine has to stop. It's fine for Boise State. Not for Washington. If Pete can't recruit now, he never will.
    Here's the thing, this just reeks of "Sark beating #3 USC". Seemed like a big deal at the time but it turned out to be a good but flawed USC. Is there anyone on this boared that didn't see 2018 Washington as being good but flawed?

We? lost to Cal! like we? always do and what turned out to be a 7-5 Auburn, we could have easily lost to UCLA as well.

It was a good win for Oregon but that fact is telling. One good home win against a flawed team in a paper soft season and at least one completely awful loss to the best stanford team of our lifetimes. Take out the Washington win for a moment and consider a 7-4 record with 3 wins spotted against exhibition teams. It's not exactly as if Oregon is bare cupboard talent wise either.

I agree Mario is an ace recruiter, early results say he's a mediocre coach. Worst case scenario for Dwags is that Mario keeps selling the sizzle, recruiting top classes, and then gets canned for someone competent who gets to walk into a program with 30+ blue chips already on the roster. That's what I'd actually be worried about.
    I didn't say it was a great win. I was just debating the "we were the better team on the field" bit, which just flatly isn't true.

Oregon isn't bare, but it's thin at a few spots, WR being the most pronounced. Herbert locked in on one guy all season long, which made their passing game one-dimensional, which made it more and more anemic as the season wore on. It's Quooky, but I don't really hold much water in the Stanford game. That kind of unraveling has happened to every program and they really had been handling Stanford for most of the game. I just don't think there's enough there to really say one way or the other. Like I said, just on statistical probability alone, he's probably not going to prove to be a great coach. So I think the criticism of the hire that's fair is, why did you hire an unproven guy?

The completely awful loss was the one to Arizona. If there's one game that Cristobal has to explain, it's that one.
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Yup...Oregon is back. I saw Cristal-balls offense.. with everybody back on line I expect 225-250 on ground next year...very physical, downhill attack. With best qb in pac expect 250-300 thru the air as well. 40+ points per. Oregon is going to be very good
  • Options
    The best QB in the Pac-12 this year couldn’t even play, hth pump.
  • Options

Yup...Oregon is back. I saw Cristal-balls offense.. with everybody back on line I expect 225-250 on ground next year...very physical, downhill attack. With best qb in pac expect 250-300 thru the air as well. 40+ points per. Oregon is going to be very good
    More subtle. You're blowing your cover.

Remember, I was doing this shit while you were still dating cheerleaders.

I was arguing with @RaceBannon while he was in his 80s.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

WRDawg said:

All of this is moot... we were the better team on the field despite the result. Oregon has out recruited Washington for the last decade pretty much. Pete has done more with less, but our good hasn't been good enough! Poor crunch time decisions by coach and a lackadaisical noodle arm leading the charge

Look, I'm not going to pretend like I've not invoked this concept. I have. When Miami outrushed, outpassed, dominated and outeverything'd Penn State in the '86 Fiesta Bowl and despite all that could not overcome their QB's apparent need to throw 5 picks - 5 BAD picks - I said and say, they were the better team on the field despite the result. But I also still have to say, winners win.

The box score of this year's Oregon game does not look like the box score of the '86 Fiesta Bowl. There's no doubt that Washington was the better team in 2018. Don't twist. But that day, on that field, in that game, Oregon played Washington straight up and circumstances gave them a chance to win, and they took it. That's football man.

All jokes aside, would I put $$ on Cristobal proving himself to be Pete's equal in time? No. Pete is a really good coach, and it's hard to be a really good coach. That's why there aren't that many of them. So on odds alone, he probably won't be in Pete's class.

But it was his first season, he improved them in some areas, and the jury is out. And like I told you fuckers, the guy can recruit, and that matters too. If he turns out to be a shit coach and all he does is recruit, then yeah it's all sizzle and hype.

And I have to tell ya: the whole "does more with less" bit is played out. If Washington is the program it says it is, then the poor mouth routine has to stop. It's fine for Boise State. Not for Washington. If Pete can't recruit now, he never will.
    Here's the thing, this just reeks of "Sark beating #3 USC". Seemed like a big deal at the time but it turned out to be a good but flawed USC. Is there anyone on this boared that didn't see 2018 Washington as being good but flawed?

We? lost to Cal! like we? always do and what turned out to be a 7-5 Auburn, we could have easily lost to UCLA as well.

It was a good win for Oregon but that fact is telling. One good home win against a flawed team in a paper soft season and at least one completely awful loss to the best stanford team of our lifetimes. Take out the Washington win for a moment and consider a 7-4 record with 3 wins spotted against exhibition teams. It's not exactly as if Oregon is bare cupboard talent wise either.

I agree Mario is an ace recruiter, early results say he's a mediocre coach. Worst case scenario for Dwags is that Mario keeps selling the sizzle, recruiting top classes, and then gets canned for someone competent who gets to walk into a program with 30+ blue chips already on the roster. That's what I'd actually be worried about.
    I didn't say it was a great win. I was just debating the "we were the better team on the field" bit, which just flatly isn't true.

Oregon isn't bare, but it's thin at a few spots, WR being the most pronounced. Herbert locked in on one guy all season long, which made their passing game one-dimensional, which made it more and more anemic as the season wore on. It's Quooky, but I don't really hold much water in the Stanford game. That kind of unraveling has happened to every program and they really had been handling Stanford for most of the game. I just don't think there's enough there to really say one way or the other. Like I said, just on statistical probability alone, he's probably not going to prove to be a great coach. So I think the criticism of the hire that's fair is, why did you hire an unproven guy?

The completely awful loss was the one to Arizona. If there's one game that Cristobal has to explain, it's that one.
    Arizona and @Utah, in Utah's first game with a backup QB and back RB. Those first halves were embarrassing (as was the first half at WSU but we lose to them every year so I wasn't expecting anything other than an L)
    True. I couldn't figure out if Shelley and what's his face were a lot better than we should have expected, or if Oregon was making them look that way.

I'll say this: Huntley wasn't much better. Kid could hit the broad side of a barn to save his life.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,566
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

ntxduck said:

WRDawg said:

Arizona and @Utah, in Utah's first game with a backup QB and back RB. Those first halves were embarrassing (as was the first half at WSU but we lose to them every year so I wasn't expecting anything other than an L)
    True. I couldn't figure out if Shelley and what's his face were a lot better than we should have expected, or if Oregon was making them look that way.

I'll say this: Huntley wasn't much better. Kid could hit the broad side of a barn to save his life.
    They weren't

3 points in the CCG
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,566
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Pumpeii on record for UO to go 500 yards a game and 40 points

Taking action on that bet now

They'll hit that mark against the refuse they play same as us? Utah, Stanford, UW and maybe ASU will put a damper on them with good defense

As bad as the Pac is it should be a good race. Just pretend there isn't a playoff that none of us will make and fight for the legendary Pac 12 crown