Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Very biblical

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

I guess I haven't read enough of your comments to understand your view of the connection between immigration and suffering and family displacement. Oh well, probably not worth your time following up on it. We're not going to agree, and that's fine.

Unless you open the borders people that come here illegally and try to cross are going to lose the fake family they came with or even a real family

Letting them in for years is why we have had kids in cages for years and an ongoing shit show at the border

Just because the media chose to bring it up this week hardly makes it a new problem

If you want more of something allow it to happen without consequence.
    It was my understanding that the illegal immigration issue was solved back in 1986.
    My smoking hot PMs parents waded across in the 80's and are proud Reagan amnesty folks who vote GOP. It was half a deal which is the deal Trump isn't taking this time
    I've been meaning to ask you: where have the Reagan Republicans GONE?

The piece IN the NYT today going OVER Sessions and Miller reminded me how we got here: the NEW populism. You cannot wrangle out of this ONE with cute turns-of-a-phrase. The neo-conservative HAS absolutely turned his back ON free market economis. What with Sessions and his sandy memories of displaced chicken factory white trash, and Miller with God-knows-what pushing his buttons. Give me a fucking break. Even the most conservative OUTLETS I can find concede that these people do work that Americans no longer wish to do, and you and I both know what will happen if we have to fund a pension for a guy to mow MY grass.

I NEED to hear FROM you on this @RaceBannon .
    We don't need millions of dirt farmers for our economy

That's establishment GOP bullshit that has nothing to do with conservatism

The democrats want votes the GOP wants lawn workers

I want what is best for America

Everyone of these democrat congressional districts has families in trouble that their grandstanding piece of shit representatives don't give two shits about

Construction is not the work Americans don't want to do.

• SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Unless you open the borders people that come here illegally and try to cross are going to lose the fake family they came with or even a real family

This is a false choice. The country can have immigration laws and enforce them without separating children from their parents while the adjudication process is pending.

Letting them in for years is why we have had kids in cages for years and an ongoing shit show at the border

Children--even babies--are in detention centers separated from their parents because of Trump's new policy. A 2015 study by Pewdetermined there was a net immigration of minus-140,000 from Mexico between 2009 and 2015. The population of Mexican immigrants was declining before Trump took office, according to the study. Immigration trends didn't force this new policy on Trump.

No one is saying there shouldn't be consequences. Just keep family units in detention jointly while waiting to consider whether their asylum applications should be accepted or while waiting for a removal hearing.

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

I guess I haven't read enough of your comments to understand your view of the connection between immigration and suffering and family displacement. Oh well, probably not worth your time following up on it. We're not going to agree, and that's fine.

Just because the media chose to bring it up this week hardly makes it a new problem

It was my understanding that the illegal immigration issue was solved back in 1986.
    My smoking hot PMs parents waded across in the 80's and are proud Reagan amnesty folks who vote GOP. It was half a deal which is the deal Trump isn't taking this time
    I've been meaning to ask you: where have the Reagan Republicans GONE?

The piece IN the NYT today going OVER Sessions and Miller reminded me how we got here: the NEW populism. You cannot wrangle out of this ONE with cute turns-of-a-phrase. The neo-conservative HAS absolutely turned his back ON free market economis. What with Sessions and his sandy memories of displaced chicken factory white trash, and Miller with God-knows-what pushing his buttons. Give me a fucking break. Even the most conservative OUTLETS I can find concede that these people do work that Americans no longer wish to do, and you and I both know what will happen if we have to fund a pension for a guy to mow MY grass.

I NEED to hear FROM you on this @RaceBannon .
    We don't need millions of dirt farmers for our economy

That's establishment GOP bullshit that has nothing to do with conservatism

The democrats want votes the GOP wants lawn workers

I want what is best for America

Everyone of these democrat congressional districts has families in trouble that their grandstanding piece of shit representatives don't give two shits about

Construction is not the work Americans don't want to do.

HRYK. Americans don't want to pick strawberries. But they are down with roofing and framing. Not sure about dry wall - that's nasty shit.

Squirt said:

Squirt said:

Jesus. Have you been to the tug before? That’s not how you end an argument. At least call him a cunt and tell him to fuck off or kill himself.
    All this does is further the narrative that most here are a bunch of fucktarded idiots that deserve to remain on the fringe. There’s absolutely a bare minimum of balance, reason, or conditioning of commentary at all. What’s comical to me is that just about at every single step of the way Pete and/or his staff has over delivered when it comes to rebounding against challenges or adversity they are facing.
    wait, what?
    Teasing myself while mocking Tequilla's post over on the TBS board.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Simplest solution is the one already offered by Trump. Keep the families together by deporting them together. But take steps to enhance border security so they don't cross the border in the first place. No asylum requests at the border. Apply for asylum in Mexico first.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658

Squirt said:

No, bruh - In '86 we determined everyone should Wang Chung tonight....but nothing on illegal immigration.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    edited June 2018

Squirt said:

This is a false choice. The country can have immigration laws and enforce them without separating children from their parents while the adjudication process is pending.

Children--even babies--are in detention centers separated from their parents because of Trump's new policy. A 2015 study by Pewdetermined there was a net immigration of minus-140,000 from Mexico between 2009 and 2015. The population of Mexican immigrants was declining before Trump took office, according to the study. Immigration trends didn't force this new policy on Trump.

No one is saying there shouldn't be consequences. Just keep family units in detention jointly while waiting to consider whether their asylum applications should be accepted or while waiting for a removal hearing.

That's not what the law calls for and to apply for asylum you don't just show up at the border. What we have had is - ok here's a date for your hearing don'r bother to show up because we won't find you.

Someone tries to sneak in and all of a sudden we house and feed their family but that won't make more folks do the same thing

Right

There is no new policy other than enforcing the law to the fullest

Its about time.
    But empathy
    Swaye's Wigwam

Squirt said:

That's not what the law calls for and to apply for asylum you don't just show up at the border. What we have had is - ok here's a date for your hearing don'r bother to show up because we won't find you.

Someone tries to sneak in and all of a sudden we house and feed their family but that won't make more folks do the same thing

Right

Its about time.
    But empathy
    I recall Nancy Pelosi making abortion policy based on what Jesus would do. Don't you?
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Immigration, guns, and abortion are the 3 biggest loser issues we have.

Dems are all in on 2 of them and Republicans on one of them.

Hence why Republicans are winning.

Yes you do.

Right

Why not execute them by firing squad? That would surely deter people from trying to immigrate, whether illegally or by obtaining asylum. I know you're not arguing that as an option, but taking the logic to the extreme shows that the question isn't whether to deter illegal immigration or not. The question is whether the HOW (in this case, this new treatment of children) is worth the WHAT (in this case, whatever speculative benefits might come in the form of future deterrence).

Not true. Even Fox News seems to acknowledge that this is a sea change.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    foxnews.com/politics/2018/06/19/what-trumps-zero-tolerance-immigration-policy-means-for-children-separated-from-families-at-border.html

No they don't. Its enforcing the law

We don't make laws based on hurt feelings.

Why not execute them? Why don't you go fuck yourself instead? Of course the object is to stop the flow of illegals. Its in all the papers

It is more humane to spread the word that illegals will suffer the consequences so don't try

You got roped in to the outrage of the week and feel bad. You'll get over it and go back to not giving a shit just like last week
    edited June 2018

No they don't. Its enforcing the law

We don't make laws based on hurt feelings.

There is no law requiring the separation of children from their parents.

There is no such law.

This is a matter of Trump's discretion, not a law.

Come back to me with an actual law--like, an actual part of the United States Code or the Code of Federal Regulations---and not just your say-so.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I gave you the link

It's the law

Tough shit

I gave you the link

It's the law

Tough shit

You did not. I gave you that link. And linked article says, "There is no law that dictates children must be separated from their parents when caught crossing into the country illegally, and there was a time when ICE policy didn't call for detaining all families."

Try pulling this off in Russia or China. You and your alleged kids would be sent packing immediately. Show them the USA is tough as nails and won't tolerate this anymore, and they'll stop coming.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Try pulling this off in Russia or China. You and your alleged kids would be sent packing immediately. Show them the USA is tough as nails and won't tolerate this anymore, and they'll stop coming.

Separating kids from unskilled uneducated third world labor that you’re scared will “steal” your job...
    USA is tough as nails. They’ll think twice next time in Guatemala! MAGA!

Separating kids from unskilled uneducated third world labor that you’re scared will “steal” your job...
    The US doesn't need any more unskilled third world labor. Out of work millennials can fill jerbs that illegal immigrants currently work.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

The US doesn't need any more unskilled third world labor. Out of work millennials can fill jerbs that illegal immigrants currently work.
    Why the fuck do you care who works the worst jobs in the US? You’re doing ok aren’t you? Aren’t you?
    edited June 2018

Why the fuck do you care who works the worst jobs in the US? You’re doing ok aren’t you? Aren’t you?
    Americans come before foreigners. America first. HTH.