Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

538 now gives trump a 1 in 3 shot to win

dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
edited November 2016 in Tug Tavern
http://www.vox.com/2016/11/3/13147678/nate-silver-fivethirtyeight-trump-forecast

their model, which is usually incredibly accurate. gives Hillary a path to win if she takes Pennsylvania, Virginia, colorado, and new Hampshire. I still think she wins, but I can't see her getting more than 280 at the most.
this is gonna be a tight, nerve-wracking election. and the democrats deserve it for nominating Hillary and running the condescending and shitty campaign that they have.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,941
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dhdawg said:

http://www.vox.com/2016/11/3/13147678/nate-silver-fivethirtyeight-trump-forecast

their model, which is usually incredibly accurate. gives Hillary a path to win if she takes Pennsylvania, Virginia, colorado, and new Hampshire. I still think she wins, but I can't see her getting more than 280 at the most.
    this is gonna be a tight, nerve-wracking election. and the democrats deserve it for nominating Hillary and running the condescending and shitty campaign that they havelike always.

IRYK
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    dhdawg said:

this is gonna be a tight, nerve-wracking election. and the democrats deserve it for nominating Hillary and running the condescending and shitty campaign that they have.

Hillary absolutely deserves to lose.

The problem is that the GOP nominated the one person she can beat.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    edited November 2016
    It's gonna be closer to 2/5 or coin flip by election day, baring the media dropping another Trump bomb.

But let's be real, somebody somewhere is sitting on video of Trump saying the N word or faggot (abundance? DDY??) and is waiting for just the right moment (or the right price) to release it.

Gonna be an interesting five days.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited November 2016
    I think another appeal to Trump is to watch the heads explode on CNN, ABC, CBS, and MSNBC, if Trump actually wins. The looks on Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, Chris Matthews, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow, and George Stephanonopoupoulos.... would be hilarious.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,022
    dhdawg said:

That anyone would vote for a candidate with such blatant disregard for our laws, ethics and morals is the scary part. She'll be impeached and jailed and that idiot Kane would be president.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

I think another appeal to Trump is to watch the heads explode on CNN, ABC, CBS, and MSNBC, if Trump actually wins. The looks on Don Lemon, Anderson Cooper, Chris Matthews, Chuck Todd, Rachel Maddow, and George Stephanonopoupoulos.... would be hilarious.

They'd turn the tables on election result disputes fast than a cheap Chinese family-style lazy susan.

• Options
    Sledog said:

dhdawg said:

That anyone would vote for a candidate with such blatant disregard for our laws, ethics and morals is the scary part. She'll be impeached and jailed and that idiot Kane would be president.
    I thought you liked Trump?
  • Options
    DonLemonPartyDonLemonParty Member Posts: 155
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited November 2016

FREE PUBES!

• Options

Sledog said:

dhdawg said:

I thought you liked Trump?
    On ethics and morals you are pretty much right, but only one candidate is in the middle of a criminal investigation.

On pure wit alone, I had to awesome it.
  • Options
    DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

dhdawg said:

This is a terrible argument and used far too often. Trump receive more primary votes than any republican ever. And Trump basically lapped everyone else in the field. But since you say Trump is the only republican Hilary can beat, how many points ahead would Jeb be right now? And who do you think would have a bigger lead, Jeb or Lyin Ted? What about Kasich? He'd be winning in a landslide, right? Carly Fiorina would totally be outperforming Trump as wll.
  • Options

FREE PUBES!

That was the first of many horrible moments in 2016.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

dhdawg said:

This is a terrible argument and used far too often. Trump receive more primary votes than any republican ever. And Trump basically lapped everyone else in the field. But since you say Trump is the only republican Hilary can beat, how many points ahead would Jeb be right now? And who do you think would have a bigger lead, Jeb or Lyin Ted? What about Kasich? He'd be winning in a landslide, right? Carly Fiorina would totally be outperforming Trump as wll.
    Primaries are different than a general election. However, I don't we'd be seeing these leaks if another candidate was running. Trump would out perform every primary opponent except for Kasich.

Kasich would be up about 10 points right now. He'd carry Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. He had more crossover appeal than Trump in a general election.
  • Options

dhdawg said:

Hi.

The general electorate is much different than the Republican primary electorate.

Trump doesn't appeal to enough women or minorities to win. His only hope is that Hillary turns off enough of her base to lose.

The other Republicans could have eaten into her base and won more moderates.

The fact that the Republican party nominated a candidate that is so badly misaligned with the country as a whole is a bad sign for the party's future.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boobs seems worried.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Boobs seems worried.

Nah. If Hillary Lockie loses, she deserves it.
  • Options
    edited November 2016

dhdawg said:

Hi.

The general electorate is much different than the Republican primary electorate.

Trump doesn't appeal to enough women or minorities to win. His only hope is that Hillary turns off enough of her base to lose.

The other Republicans could have eaten into her base and won more moderates.

The fact that the Republican party nominated a candidate that is so badly misaligned with the country as a whole is a bad sign for the party's future.
    I don't think Cruz would have had appeal.

I would add Rubio to the mix. He'd be a big boost in Florida, Nevada, New Mexico, and Colorado.

I think Rubio or Kasich would have more appeal. The other 15 candidates no.

Christie- lmao

Fiorina- Not a chance

Cruz- Would scare away moderates

Bush- Would be spending 3/4 of the election defending what his brother did.

Paul- I don't know

Everybody else had no chance from the beginning