Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

$15 an hour FUCK YA

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,849
    2001400ex said:

DoogIP: Serious question. Ever taken Economics?

Shitstain, serious question. Ever looked at reality with the effects of minimum wage? There's a long history of minimum wage hikes in the US to glean information from. Might even have been taught in an economics class.
    Please provide examples with in the last 70 years when the minimum wage was raised 15 % per year for 5 years.
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,898 Standard Supporter
    edited April 2016
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

The higher minimum wage in Seattle hasn't killed off businesses, raised unemployment, or raised the price of goods and services there by 25%. Keep freaking out though.

Seattle is a unique market. A lot of high tech jobs and high paying sales jobs. In the short term Seattle has enough wealth to overlook the problems. Try it in Yakima or Spokane and you will see results much faster.
    Oh it was going to wreck Seattle. Seattle doesn't get wrecked, but it will wreck Yakima and Spokane.

What really is going to happen? Your favorite fast food costs you another dollar? Does anyone really eat enough fast food for that to matter?
    You are such a Donkey. First It isn't $15 an hour in Seattle yet. Second. If you weren't such a world class donkey, you would realize the economies in Seattle vs Yakima/ Spokane or anywhere else east of the mountains are almost night and day.

But do continue to embarrass yourself multiple times daily on this board. Your are truly a glutton for punishment.

Awesomed for SCougs Donkey call out. If you've ever dealt with an actual donkey, you'd realize how fucking funny and dead-balls accurate that comment is.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Shitstain, serious question. Ever looked at reality with the effects of minimum wage? There's a long history of minimum wage hikes in the US to glean information from. Might even have been taught in an economics class.
    Please provide examples with in the last 70 years when the minimum wage was raised 15 % per year for 5 years.
    Look at minimum wage in terms of minimal dollars. $15 an hour on a few years is right in line with historical minimum wage. Have you not heard of inflation?
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

The higher minimum wage in Seattle hasn't killed off businesses, raised unemployment, or raised the price of goods and services there by 25%. Keep freaking out though.

Seattle is a unique market. A lot of high tech jobs and high paying sales jobs. In the short term Seattle has enough wealth to overlook the problems. Try it in Yakima or Spokane and you will see results much faster.
    Oh it was going to wreck Seattle. Seattle doesn't get wrecked, but it will wreck Yakima and Spokane.

What really is going to happen? Your favorite fast food costs you another dollar? Does anyone really eat enough fast food for that to matter?
    You are such a Donkey. First It isn't $15 an hour in Seattle yet. Second. If you weren't such a world class donkey, you would realize the economies in Seattle vs Yakima/ Spokane or anywhere else east of the mountains are almost night and day.

But do continue to embarrass yourself multiple times daily on this board. Your are truly a glutton for punishment.

Get back to me when it's proposed on the East side of the mountains to go up to $15 an hour.
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,624 Standard Supporter

The solution is full automation for basic service and manufacturing jobs and a guaranteed inflation adjusted income for everyone under a certain floor. Let people that want to work work, but stop this chicken and egg charade with the proles.

Whether that's a solution (to what problem, I don't know) or not is debatable, but in 2016 the reality is that if you have a job which is highly repetitive you are at risk for being replaced by a robot or other form of automation. You can be replaced by an algorithm.

Then we as a society have to figure what all the people with no skills or knowledge or ability to learn new things are supposed to do all day. At a minimum it should bring hookers and blow prices down (at least the H part of the equation).
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,700 Standard Supporter
    edited April 2016

The City of Spokane recently enacted mandatory paid sick leave for employers (of all sizes). It is coming because there are fuckwads everywhere who think this is Utopia and everyone deserves middle class lifestyles.

When the $15 min wage hits a statewide mandate, the shit is going to hit the fan. Kiss Ag goodbye as a prime export in the State of Washington. Most of those fucks already barely make it as it is with current gubmint subsidies. Putin starts fucking with wheat the same way he does with oil and there is going to be a shitstorm in this state. All the other crops are pretty well fucked too.

The City of Spokane recently enacted mandatory paid sick leave for employers (of all sizes). It is coming because there are fuckwads everywhere who think this is Utopia and everyone deserves middle class lifestyles.

When the $15 min wage hits a statewide mandate, the shit is going to hit the fan. Kiss Ag goodbye as a prime export in the State of Washington. Most of those fucks already barely make it as it is with current gubmint subsidies. Putin starts fucking with wheat the same way he does with oil and there is going to be a shitstorm in this state. All the other crops are pretty well fucked too.

You do realize that every minimum wage hike fucksticks like you and shitstain predict the world is going to end. Yet every time all our economy does is grow.
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Honda says prices aren't rising and businesses aren't failing. When confronted with facts that say otherwise, he says, "well, those businesses suck anyways."

Derek: Did you check Hondo's ID? Sure it wasn't a learner's permit?

One other thing Hondo's obviously never done: Paid payroll tax.

Shitstain can't read. And how is a comment on a newspaper website about Pho restaurants considered "facts"? The point, that is lost on you, is causality between minimum wage increase and businesses closing, which you are far from demonstrating.

I do own a fast food restaurant of all things. It's a side gig and I owned it back when the minimum wage was last increased from 5.15 to 7.25. It didn't have an effect then and won't hurt us now.

People like you make me chuckle, thanks for the laff.
    Is a corn cart with the mayo jar hanging on the handlebars really a "fast food restaurant"?
    It's actually an MMJ edible store.
    Kreist Donkey!!! Just when you can't get any dumber. If what you say is true and you are more than the bottle washer at a MMJ store. How does that relate to any other restaurant business?
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Look at minimum wage in terms of minimal dollars. $15 an hour on a few years is right in line with historical minimum wage. Have you not heard of inflation?
    You mean like the inflation for goods that has been stagnant for the better part of 7 years???? Is that what you're talking about?
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Get back to me when it's proposed on the East side of the mountains to go up to $15 an hour.
    Goal.post.moved.again.
    salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

You mean like the inflation for goods that has been stagnant for the better part of 7 years???? Is that what you're talking about?
    I don't know, there's some in this thread that agree with your shit that say grocery prices are already up 15% from last year.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 104,809 Founders Club

salemcoog said:

2001400ex said:

Awesomed for SCougs Donkey call out. If you've ever dealt with an actual donkey, you'd realize how fucking funny and dead-balls accurate that comment is.
    Tequila called me a world class donkey

I win
  • SpoonieLuvSpoonieLuv Member Posts: 5,451
    The fallacy of the the $15 minimum wage (any minimum wage actually) is that it prices people who can only provide $14 worth of value out of the market entirely. The unseen victim in these transactions are the people who never were offered jobs who maintain an income of $0/hourly because they're priced out of the market relative to their labor value. If you were really concerned about the welfare of poor people you would be against the minimum wage altogether.
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    Hondo catered d2d's battlefield commission party
    Jesus, Hondo.

You're saying you have to increase your own biz's gross sales by 30% in order to come out ahead after a min wage increase. 30-fucking-percent to recapture the costs of the min wage increase and come out ahead on it. Yet, here you are arguing that the impacts are negligible. As a passive, out-of-state owner not involved in the day-to-day, it's pretty convenient to say it's no big deal and not that hard. But what would you know if all that hard turn-around work was done by others?

And your "growing economy" is gouging the fuck out of people who need housing, 'cause a constricted supply drives up prices, but "bring it on," you say. Prices never rise, and businesses just magically absorb the increases without passing them onto consumers. Right.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 33,313 Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Honda says prices aren't rising and businesses aren't failing. When confronted with facts that say otherwise, he says, "well, those businesses suck anyways."

Derek: Did you check Hondo's ID? Sure it wasn't a learner's permit?

One other thing Hondo's obviously never done: Paid payroll tax.

Shitstain can't read. And how is a comment on a newspaper website about Pho restaurants considered "facts"? The point, that is lost on you, is causality between minimum wage increase and businesses closing, which you are far from demonstrating.

I do own a fast food restaurant of all things. It's a side gig and I owned it back when the minimum wage was last increased from 5.15 to 7.25. It didn't have an effect then and won't hurt us now.

People like you make me chuckle, thanks for the laff.
    Is a corn cart with the mayo jar hanging on the handlebars really a "fast food restaurant"?
    It's actually an MMJ edible store.
    I or the family have had several businesses. Just how does an increase in your payroll not affect you? You have to either make less profit or raise prices to cover it. It always affected me.
    Reality here.... (No BS). I do own a restaurant in Montana as a side business. It feeds two other families and I get a tax write off. (I am a 1/3 owner). I basically just got the financing package together and organizational docs and I did the financials until I got too busy. We bought it in February 2008.

We cater to low income people, so when minimum wage went up, our sales went up. We had several years of losses, all 100% due to poor management. We got labor in check by watching hours and managing people better. Not to mention expense control.

Our sales were about $500k a year before minimum wage went up. Now they are over $600k. Some of that was better advertising, some was from better economy. But our wages are about 30%, you can run numbers and see a minimum wage increase is only a couple percent. But if our sales grow to $650k a year, we come out ahead on the deal. Businesses are about growing revenue, if you do that, you come out ahead.

Now fuck off for having me talk like an accountant.
    Okay you bought a poorly managed business and could create a savings through better management that won't account for future increases in pay. Of course you can [ay with increased business, you always can IF you can get it. But along with the higher wages are the higher tax, workers comp and unemployment insurance payouts etc. So those costs rise as well as the raise. In my business that were already running efficiently it would require a rate hike pretty quickly. Say a 50% bump in pay from 10 -15 an hour is plus the additional payroll taxes etc. would have required a price increase at least in my instance and I would guess many others.

I don;t like account speak either.

Jesus, Hondo.

You're saying you have to increase your own biz's gross sales by 30% in order to come out ahead after a min wage increase. 30-fucking-percent to recapture the costs of the min wage increase and come out ahead on it. Yet, here you are arguing that the impacts are negligible. As a passive, out-of-state owner not involved in the day-to-day, it's pretty convenient to say it's no big deal and not that hard. But what would you know if all that hard turn-around work was done by others?

And your "growing economy" is gouging the fuck out of people who need housing, 'cause a constricted supply drives up prices, but "bring it on," you say. Prices never rise, and businesses just magically absorb the increases without passing them onto consumers. Right.

Can you read shitstain? Or did you just read 30% and try to make an argument with it? Reread my post.

And if you ever have owned a business, you'd know businesses price their products to get the demand they need. Look at Apple, the iPhone costs like $150 to make, but they sell them for $700. Do you think if their product note costs $200 they can just raise the price to $750 to cover the difference and there won't be an impact on their sales?

Fuck you are stupid and gullible.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838

The fallacy of the the $15 minimum wage (any minimum wage actually) is that it prices people who can only provide $14 worth of value out of the market entirely. The unseen victim in these transactions are the people who never were offered jobs who maintain an income of $0/hourly because they're priced out of the market relative to their labor value. If you were really concerned about the welfare of poor people you would be against the minimum wage altogether.

You've actually tapped into another issue.

The real loser in this is the young person who is looking for a job.

Either the entry level job will become automated, or a person who is older and has real world experience will get the job.

This leaves kids with no jobs ...

Simple fact.
    Quite honestly, Hondo, your posts are difficult to unravel.

"businesses price their products to get the demand they need."

What?

Quite honestly, Hondo, your posts are difficult to unravel.

"businesses price their products to get the demand they need."

What?

Shitstain, is that concept lost on you? OK. How do you think businesses price products then? I'd like to hear this.