Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Garage Poll - Which Best Describes You?

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Single family residence and I can park multiple vehicles in a multi-car garage
    @CFetters_Nacho_Lover sold the F250 and bought a Prius. Back in the garage!
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2023
    pawz said:

One of the few attached 2 garages in the GL hood.

If a decapitated raccoon ends up on your front porch. Don't ask me how that got there.

Most of the new construction around here has 2 car attached. You know the 3 story boxes with rooftop decks and little to no yard.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7516-E-Green-Lake-Dr-N-Seattle-WA-98103/48833287_zpid/?

as an example. Detached garage on an ally, but still.

Better example just up the street
    https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7750-Corliss-Ave-N-Seattle-WA-98103/49008519_zpid/?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,866
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    I spent all my money on a house with a two-car garage, so now I can't afford a second car.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

pawz said:

If a decapitated raccoon ends up on your front porch. Don't ask me how that got there.

Most of the new construction around here has 2 car attached. You know the 3 story boxes with rooftop decks and little to no yard.

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7516-E-Green-Lake-Dr-N-Seattle-WA-98103/48833287_zpid/?

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/7750-Corliss-Ave-N-Seattle-WA-98103/49008519_zpid/?
    I already know. And I have quick access to tax records to find them faster.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,900
    Founders Club
    According to the results, 13 of us are proper Americans.

• Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,900
    Founders Club

People that have garages and don't park their cars in them really piss me off. Throw your shit away, people. Slobs.

Me and @BleachedAnusDawg are on a roll lately with agreement. First, Weber kettle grilling. Now shit talking hoarders!

But them Skagit and Whatcomb county fellars, here are a bunch of fucking hillbillies.
    I get anxious when I see someone open their garage and it looks like the photo Yella poasted. The garage is a house for your car not all the shit you’re too sentimental and lazy to throw out.

I’ve gotten my house to the point that the things in storage in the attic or basement are seasonal like holiday stuff or or special use like luggage.

Clean your shit up you disgusting fucking slobs although I’ll give people like @1to392831weretaken some slack if he’s got a workshop going on.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

No idea.

The chauffeur takes care of such minutia.

Mazda owners don't have chauffeurs.
    Mazda owners also have 3 garage areas and 1 covered parking space.

Quite sufficient for 3 vehicles, a UTV and lawn tractor - and a 24 foot boat.

First world/GNR Compound problems.

• Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Just look for the rainbow OSU flag and you know you’ve got the right place.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No idea.

We had a 4 car garage plus a covered carport when I was a kid in CA.

No chauffeur though.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

pawz said:

Yeah but J Edgar Yella can see all you guysm’s personal info.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’ve been debating whether or not to putting in a woodworking shop in the 2 car…the wif wants me to do it, but guess whose rig gets the boot if I do…
    #measuretwicecutonce
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Single family residence, but I'm too much of a pack rat, hoarder - I can only fit 1 car in a multi car garage
    Fishpo31 said:

I’ve been debating whether or not to putting in a woodworking shop in the 2 car…the wif wants me to do it, but guess whose rig gets the boot if I do…
    #measuretwicecutonce

If you do this, find a way to seal that half of the garage off from everything else. And install the most powerful dust collector you can. No matter how hard you try to contain dust, you will find it EVERYWHERE if you do woodworking indoors.

For the time being, my shop is home to a giant Powermatic wood lathe that my brother bought. He is in the same boat, needing to find a space to store a couple classic cars that he inherited so he can partition off a woodworking space. That lathe is a hoot to play with! We only tested it briefly with the door rolled up because I didn't want a shop full of dust.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861

No idea.

No chauffeur though.
    You sound poor.
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

pawz said:

Lived in a box in that hood, 3 level, garage/office bottom floor. It was a storage unit for us.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

No idea.

No chauffeur though.
    You sound poor.
    Most men are always gonna be too pour Throbber. I want a ski in / ski out house at the YellaStone club, instead of driving 30 mins and putting my boots on in the porking lot like a shmuck.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fishpo31 said:

#measuretwicecutonce

If you do this, find a way to seal that half of the garage off from everything else. And install the most powerful dust collector you can. No matter how hard you try to contain dust, you will find it EVERYWHERE if you do woodworking indoors.

For the time being, my shop is home to a giant Powermatic wood lathe that my brother bought. He is in the same boat, needing to find a space to store a couple classic cars that he inherited so he can partition off a woodworking space. That lathe is a hoot to play with! We only tested it briefly with the door rolled up because I didn't want a shop full of dust.
    I do with I had room for a proper tool bench - and I would if we just parked 1 car in the garage - but between snow blowers and lawn mowers and ladders and shit, there's just not enough room.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    I park in the garage but don't really give a fuck if you don't park in yours or not.

I don't make a habit of being a Karen who pays attention to what other people do with their own shit.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,395
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

I park in the garage but don't really give a fuck if you don't park in yours or not.

I don't make a habit of being a Karen who pays attention to what other people do with their own shit.

You never really struck me as a HOA guy. They love to get in everyone's business