Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Garage Poll - Which Best Describes You?

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,940
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023
    Single family residence and I can park multiple vehicles in a multi-car garage
    dflea said:

I park in the garage but don't really give a fuck if you don't park in yours or not.

I don't make a habit of being a Karen who pays attention to what other people do with their own shit.

I've seen your garage fucko.

@dflea
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

I park in the garage but don't really give a fuck if you don't park in yours or not.

I don't make a habit of being a Karen who pays attention to what other people do with their own shit.

You never really struck me as a HOA guy. They love to get in everyone's business
    I'm a big CCNR guysm. I don't want on property RV parking, nightly rentals or on property businesses anywhere near me.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    There are benefits to a HOA. As renters we've been in several. It does help with the riff raff and the Sanford and Son's front yards. But is also an acquired taste for those who yearn to live free and don't want a note every time the garbage cans stay out two minutes too long
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2023

There are benefits to a HOA. As renters we've been in several. It does help with the riff raff and the Sanford and Son's front yards. But is also an acquired taste for those who yearn to live free and don't want a note every time the garbage cans stay out two minutes too long

Our HOA and CCNRs are pretty tight- e.g., all of the things I listed above part of the dealio (no RVs parked on property, no Sanford and Sons, no VRBOs). You also have to get approval for stuff like new paint colors. But no one seems to stress minutia about how long the cans are left out.

Because of the density of our hood - the lots are small at like .13 acres - I think tighter rules are a necessity to keep everyone in harmony. If you yearn to live free, then you need to buy in a more relaxed subdivision or better yet, get a 5 acre piece of dirt.

Not more than a half mile from our place is an 80s area sub division where you can park a RV or boat in the driveway and open an in home hair salon. Doesn't have nearly as much curb appeal but FREEDOM!!
  • Options
    Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,252
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    In our hood this fall, an owner / landlord tried to strong arm our next door neighbors into cutting down/heavily trimming some 100 yr old cedars to improve his view before putting it up for sale. They found the covenants, and the hoa had expired 10 years ago…they caved, I would not have…
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Single family residence, but I'm too much of a pack rat, hoarder - I can only fit 1 car in a multi car garage
    Where's the option for shipping containers? I loves me some shipping containers.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Nothing fit my situation - but

when I lived in Mukilteo I had to move because my F-250 full size diesel truck did not fit - anywhere, street, parking lots, I mean everywhere. Moved to Lebam, had a 4 bay shop with 2 slider doors and one push button overhead, Still could not fit my truck in. Tractor fit, wife's car fit, lawn mower fit, and pallets of chicken feed and goat food fit, along with the occasional goat, chicken and rat, truck - nope.

I was meant to be in the country - fuck cities - or all over the country. This poll does not apply to me in other words

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c7D0YsgnrE
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Where's the option for shipping containers? I loves me some shipping containers.

Man, I hope there's an acre or two between you and the neighbors.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

Nothing fit my situation - but

when I lived in Mukilteo I had to move because my F-250 full size diesel truck did not fit - anywhere, street, parking lots, I mean everywhere. Moved to Lebam, had a 4 bay shop with 2 slider doors and one push button overhead, Still could not fit my truck in. Tractor fit, wife's car fit, lawn mower fit, and pallets of chicken feed and goat food fit, along with the occasional goat, chicken and rat, truck - nope.

I was meant to be in the country - fuck cities - or all over the country. This poll does not apply to me in other words

We should cyber.

Bring Mabel.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

You never really struck me as a HOA guy. They love to get in everyone's business
    White trash next door hurts the re-sale.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dflea said:

I'm a big CCNR guysm. I don't want on property RV parking, nightly rentals or on property businesses anywhere near me.
    Skrong agree. I'm also VP of my current HOA because I'm a loser.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dflea said:

Skrong agree. I'm also VP of my current HOA because I'm a loser.
    My man!
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My big ass rig won't fit in a garage
    btw - what does CCNR mean?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

btw - what does CCNR mean?

Regs so you’re not living like Back on the Bayou.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    My house has a garage but I have a used car lot on my property
    pawz said:

I already know. And I have quick access to tax records to find them faster.

Those mother fuckers have been tearing the shit out of my neighbor's backyard. No damage to mine yet, cause I shoot.

The neighbors don't. Too bad for them.
  • Options

No idea.

The chauffeur takes care of such minutia.

Mazda owners don't have chauffeurs.
    Mazda owners also have 3 garage areas and 1 covered parking space.

Quite sufficient for 3 vehicles, a UTV and lawn tractor - and a 24 foot boat.

First world/GNR Compound problems.

We had a 4 car garage plus a covered carport when I was a kid in CA.

No chauffeur though.
    You sound poor.
    Pretty sure Yellow was raised in two of the bays.
  • Options

Our HOA and CCNRs are pretty tight- e.g., all of the things I listed above part of the dealio (no RVs parked on property, no Sanford and Sons, no VRBOs). You also have to get approval for stuff like new paint colors. But no one seems to stress minutia about how long the cans are left out.

Because of the density of our hood - the lots are small at like .13 acres - I think tighter rules are a necessity to keep everyone in harmony. If you yearn to live free, then you need to buy in a more relaxed subdivision or better yet, get a 5 acre piece of dirt.

Not more than a half mile from our place is an 80s area sub division where you can park a RV or boat in the driveway and open an in home hair salon. Doesn't have nearly as much curb appeal but FREEDOM!!
    I've been in your neighborhood and stayed on your street. I've biked to Tumalo Junction from Broken Top many times. And I've skied the very slopes you now drive to, you pour guy.

And I'm enjoying a R&J Churchill as I work out my brilliant garage response for this thread.

Again, it was a smart move to leave this Shithole City when you did, so no hard feelings, except perhaps a little envy.
  • Options
    350+ Sq Ft garage built in about 1980, detached from my 1915 Craftsman Bungalow, fully remodeled in 2005, when I bought the house again.

Completely set up for woodworking and working on cars. The used car lot is 3 spaces off the alley from the garage door (Sits astride the alley) to the neighbor's property line.

When we bought the house, the inspector said my garage was in the top 2% of any garages he'd ever seen in the city. Famous mountaineer in the Seattle area built it to last a millennium, and it will. Tons of power, good lighting, water hookup, and 12" footings under 8ft walls, so I can move a full sheet of plywood around without hitting anything.

My only debate is whether to install a strong heater or not. Was going to install a small wood stove, but not sure I want to give up floor space for that. Might build or buy a garden shed to move the mower & tools into, but don't feel great about securing a mower, pressure washer, or anything else in a garden shed, given the amount of theft that's now normal in Seattle.

Anyway, the detachment from the main house is key. I've stayed up 'til 3 a.m playing poker with the music on without bothering anyone in the house. For all you guys who get the hook from the wif, at 10 p.m.? Sucks to be you.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

I already know. And I have quick access to tax records to find them faster.

Those mother fuckers have been tearing the shit out of my neighbor's backyard. No damage to mine yet, cause I shoot.

The neighbors don't. Too bad for them.
    I have no qualms about killing raccoons. Used to harass them with sling shots as a kid.

But I think my HOA frowns upon shooting my 12 gauge or .30-30 at these critters.