Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Garage Poll - Which Best Describes You?

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My house has a garage but I have a used car lot on my property
    LebamDawg said:

btw - what does CCNR mean?

Communist Cunts Non-reasonable Rules
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Single family residence and I can park multiple vehicles in a multi-car garage

LebamDawg said:

You don’t have to join the commune, ergo, not communism.

You can go buy a house in hillbilly RVs parked out in front neighborhood or better yet get a 10 acre mini ranch.

Choices abound.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

I park in the garage but don't really give a fuck if you don't park in yours or not.

I don't make a habit of being a Karen who pays attention to what other people do with their own shit.

I've seen your garage fucko.

@dflea
    lol

It doesn't look any different because I'm simply not going to spend my fishing time cleaning up after my wife and younger kid. If I organized a shelf, they'd have it fucked up again in no time. I know this because I've watched it happen before.

Both of our rigs fit inside, but if you ask me to find my Skil saw, you're probably going to hear some F bombs while I dig around for it under car detailing bullshit and real estate signs.

Over the course of being married for the last 33 years, I've learned to deal with some bullshit. Just walking down the stairs, grabbing my waders and getting in my truck without getting hunched up about the condition of my garage isn't easy, but I manage.

I caught a nice steelhead in the Hoh river on Sunday. I could have straightened up the garage instead, but I have priorities.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My big ass rig won't fit in a garage

LebamDawg said:

You can go buy a house in hillbilly RVs parked out in front neighborhood or better yet get a 10 acre mini ranch.

Choices abound.
    Now we be talking my kind of shit
  • Options

LebamDawg said:

Choices abound.
    Do you disagree with the portrayal of the HOA President in Over The Hedge? It's all about "reasonableness."

Besides, your guard shack is always empty, so any riff-raff who wants into your polo grounds can walk right in.
  • Options
    LebamDawg said:

Nothing fit my situation - but

when I lived in Mukilteo I had to move because my F-250 full size diesel truck did not fit - anywhere, street, parking lots, I mean everywhere. Moved to Lebam, had a 4 bay shop with 2 slider doors and one push button overhead, Still could not fit my truck in. Tractor fit, wife's car fit, lawn mower fit, and pallets of chicken feed and goat food fit, along with the occasional goat, chicken and rat, truck - nope.

I was meant to be in the country - fuck cities - or all over the country. This poll does not apply to me in other words

Mukilteo used to have a genuine Speedway. Now it's just like Aurora through Lynnwood.

And Walter Hall park had a kick-ass zip line when I was a kid. Before retards got hurt on it and the city removed it.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Choices abound.
    Do you disagree with the portrayal of the HOA President in Over The Hedge? It's all about "reasonableness."

Besides, your guard shack is always empty, so any riff-raff who wants into your polo grounds can walk right in.
    I don’t live in Broken Top. Their HOA dues are insane and it’s notoriously a pain in the ass.
  • Options
    dflea said:

dflea said:

I park in the garage but don't really give a fuck if you don't park in yours or not.

I don't make a habit of being a Karen who pays attention to what other people do with their own shit.

@dflea
    lol

It doesn't look any different because I'm simply not going to spend my fishing time cleaning up after my wife and younger kid. If I organized a shelf, they'd have it fucked up again in no time. I know this because I've watched it happen before.

Both of our rigs fit inside, but if you ask me to find my Skil saw, you're probably going to hear some F bombs while I dig around for it under car detailing bullshit and real estate signs.

Over the course of being married for the last 33 years, I've learned to deal with some bullshit. Just walking down the stairs, grabbing my waders and getting in my truck without getting hunched up about the condition of my garage isn't easy, but I manage.

I caught a nice steelhead in the Hoh river on Sunday. I could have straightened up the garage instead, but I have priorities.
    OMFG. I cannot believe how much we've agreed on shit lately. Are we in a vortex of some kind? House of Mirrors?

Shit's getting fucking weird.
  • Options
    edited March 2023

LebamDawg said:

Choices abound.

I don’t live in Broken Top. Their HOA dues are insane and it’s notoriously a pain in the ass.
    Sister-in-Law was on your street. Inlaws were in Broken Top.

Broken Top obviously pays their guards.

SRV? Maybe once in 15 years I saw a live human in the shack.

Both could probably be eliminated by a smart phone app. But impressions matter, I guess.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dflea said:

dflea said:

@dflea
    lol

My 21 year old waders are hanging in the garage in a disorganized fashion.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,800
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited March 2023
    LebamDawg said:

It’s actually CC&Rs.

Covenants, Conditions AND Restriction's.

Basically a set of rules recorded on Title, as a matter of public record, how the collection of properties will be internally organized and governed. Usually more restrictive than the laws and codes of a local municipality.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited March 2023

350+ Sq Ft garage built in about 1980, detached from my 1915 Craftsman Bungalow, fully remodeled in 2005, when I bought the house again.

Completely set up for woodworking and working on cars. The used car lot is 3 spaces off the alley from the garage door (Sits astride the alley) to the neighbor's property line.

When we bought the house, the inspector said my garage was in the top 2% of any garages he'd ever seen in the city. Famous mountaineer in the Seattle area built it to last a millennium, and it will. Tons of power, good lighting, water hookup, and 12" footings under 8ft walls, so I can move a full sheet of plywood around without hitting anything.

My only debate is whether to install a strong heater or not. Was going to install a small wood stove, but not sure I want to give up floor space for that. Might build or buy a garden shed to move the mower & tools into, but don't feel great about securing a mower, pressure washer, or anything else in a garden shed, given the amount of theft that's now normal in Seattle.

Anyway, the detachment from the main house is key. I've stayed up 'til 3 a.m playing poker with the music on without bothering anyone in the house. For all you guys who get the hook from the wif, at 10 p.m.? Sucks to be you.

Recommend an overhead heater. Some of them can really pump it out. You may need to talk w an electrician to ensure the breaker box can handle it. Also want a timer switch. Very common in new construction these days for “outdoor” spaces.

If you go gas, you will need to be concerned w ventilation.

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2023

dflea said:

You never really struck me as a HOA guy. They love to get in everyone's business
    I'm not an HOA fan, but they do serve a purpose. You only have to go a few hundred yards down the road from me and there's the guy that would fit in on the Skokomish reservation - 8 cars and numerous appliances scattered around the front yard and the house falling apart from decades of neglect. But hey, that's his deal, and I'm not looking to get in his way.

Our HOA pretty much keeps to themselves because nobody in the hood is a slob and lets their shit get out of control. They'd be up in your grill if you had your boat or RV out front, though. I'm fine with that - everyone knew what they were getting into when they moved in. We HAVE A CONTRACT!

I have a bit of a reputation around the neighborhood as the guy who you should just leave alone, so they do. I leave people alone and I expect them to do the same for me. I'm not unreasonable, though. No, seriously.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    booker14 said:

Mine is almost done. More of a hobby shop than a garage, but I'll keep both of my hobby cars in it and have plenty of room for work benches and other tools (30ft deep). I'm putting in a mini split unit because I need A/C in addition to heat. I live in the middle of nowhere so nobody cares how my place looks.

Seems like you got quite a few angus back thar. Good chit.

• Options
    edited March 2023
    pawz said:

Seems like you got quite a few angus back thar. Good chit.

Col. Angus, you say?
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Me? Multicar garage with at least one car/truck in, SXS, lawnmower, ATV and well organized shelves, tools, equipment, etc
  • Options
    SECDAWG said:

Me? Multicar garage with at least one car/truck in, SXS, lawnmower, ATV and well organized shelves, tools, equipment, etc

Well organized shelves? So you live alone, then?
  • Options
    booker14 said:

Mine is almost done. More of a hobby shop than a garage, but I'll keep both of my hobby cars in it and have plenty of room for work benches and other tools (30ft deep). I'm putting in a mini split unit because I need A/C in addition to heat. I live in the middle of nowhere so nobody cares how my place looks.

Hurry up and carve that pole before @Swaye arrives.