Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Garage Poll - Which Best Describes You?

12346»

Comments

• Options
    alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I have a shitty ass Seattle house garage, which was built for a Model T Ford
    Scratch out Seattle in place of San Francisco.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Single family residence and I can park multiple vehicles in a multi-car garage

So my most hated neighbor is the most Charmin soft, house husband/father you'll ever meet. Lives the BearsWiin lifestyle, but with just 1 daughter who's in full time care/ pre-school.

At any rate, during Covid times, he converted their 2 gar garage into Gymboree type play room for their now 5 year old. And the spoiled little brat still owns the garage. Meanwhile they've got 2 brand new Toyotas - a Tacoma TRD Pro and a Kluger (shout out to @PurpleBaze - sitting out in the driveway getting Ponderosa sap dripping all over the paint.

Are you fucking kidding me?

Sounds like he values his daughter more than his cars. I'm surprised your surprised.
    Spoiling a kid to death is no way to parent.

I take my kids to school every Sunday AM Jan- March in a nice, warm SUV parked inside a garage.

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

You should be taking them up to the mountain instead.
    Typo @BennyBeaver . I'm a proud, atheist fag - don't forget.

Yes, ski lessons every Sunday AM, March to Jan.
    STOp spoiling your kids with lessons and make them learn on their own. Like I did. A REAL man.
  • Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    FO, G
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My house has a garage but I have a used car lot on my property

Sounds like he values his daughter more than his cars. I'm surprised your surprised.

By teaching her to ruin cars so she can play.

Yeah. Great lesson.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    edited March 2023

So my most hated neighbor is the most Charmin soft, house husband/father you'll ever meet. Lives the BearsWiin lifestyle, but with just 1 daughter who's in full time care/ pre-school.

At any rate, during Covid times, he converted their 2 gar garage into Gymboree type play room for their now 5 year old. And the spoiled little brat still owns the garage. Meanwhile they've got 2 brand new Toyotas - a Tacoma TRD Pro and a Kluger (shout out to @PurpleBaze - sitting out in the driveway getting Ponderosa sap dripping all over the paint.

I take my kids to school every Sunday AM Jan- March in a nice, warm SUV parked inside a garage.

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

STOp spoiling your kids with lessons and make them learn on their own. Like I did. A REAL man.

Make 'em take the converted school bus with the metal ski carrier on the side.

And send them with soggy tuna sandwiches in a brown paper bag. None of that fancy lodge food.

And if you really want to toughen them up, get them a pair of circa 1969 lace up ski boots, skinny skis, non-step in bindings and those straps that wrap around your ankle so the ski doesn't go all the way down the hill after a wipe.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,892
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

First off, respeck @BennyBeaver

I should add a bit more clarity to my original remark. I left out some detail for some brevity.

Take my 5 year old and 9 year skiing every Sunday AM, in a Canyonero which sits in an attached garaged. My 5 year old is in lessons. The 9 year old is completely taught by me, starting at Crystal Mt in Jan 2019. When we moved here, his age group couldn't do lessons due to Covid policies from Bachelor (not Tug Tourette's por favor you guysm). So Little Piss 1.0 is totally taught by me.

That said, I'm an expert skier, but I'm not a professional ski instructor. And our 5 year old is progressing way quicker than our older son was a the same age. Part of that is volume of ski days (2019 we're still in Seattle) but part of it, is some kids really thrive with ski school and the motivating peer pressure from the other kiddies.

One of the best bits of advice I got before moving to Bend came from @TurdBomber , which to paraphrase was: Beware the keeping up with the Jones's of White Wakanda. Turned out to be very true. Our kids are skiing just fine, but they are way behind in the progression of things with all the kids who started in lessons when they were barely 4. The rich ass, Bend MILFs, with no jerbs and doctor or tech Exec hubbies, are super fucking competitive about ski lessons. I'm just a loser, pretend sales guy who makes less than his spouse.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

And send them with soggy tuna sandwiches in a brown paper bag. None of that fancy lodge food.

And if you really want to toughen them up, get them a pair of circa 1969 lace up ski boots, skinny skis, non-step in bindings and those straps that wrap around your ankle so the ski doesn't go all the way down the hill after a wipe.

My kids are actually learning to be way Tuffer little skiers than I was at the same age. I did ski school in the early to mid 1980's at Deer Valley Resort which was then and still is today, the Creme de la Creme of luxury skiing in the US. Put my boots on in the lodge and ate fancy Deer Valley cuisine (they've been ranked #1 in F&B for 40+ years in the ski bidness).

Fast forward a generation and my kids are putting their boots on in the porking lot and getting the occasional hot cocoa in the Mt Bachelor lodges which are total fucking dumps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

By teaching her to ruin cars so she can play.

Yeah. Great lesson.
    Pine sap is brutal on the fucking paint. News cars cost a fortune these days. Parking outside stresses me out now.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

…Deer Valley Resort which was then and still is today, the Creme de la Creme of luxury skiing in the US. Put my boots on in the lodge and ate fancy Deer Valley cuisine (they've been ranked #1 in F&B for 40+ years in the ski bidness).
    Can confirm.

No knuckledraggers.

Groomed! black diamonds gave me deBoner.

Great food.

My retirement plan is to be a Deer Valley mountain host. You know the old fuck at the top of the lift that answers questions about runs and stuff? That’s me. I assume a free season pass is part of the compensation.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,258
    Swaye's Wigwam

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

…Deer Valley Resort which was then and still is today, the Creme de la Creme of luxury skiing in the US. Put my boots on in the lodge and ate fancy Deer Valley cuisine (they've been ranked #1 in F&B for 40+ years in the ski bidness).
    Can confirm.

No knuckledraggers.

Great food.

My retirement plan is to be a Deer Valley mountain host. You know the old fuck at the top of the lift that answers questions about runs and stuff? That’s me. I assume a free season pass is part of the compensation.
    I was thinking Wal Mart greeter but you have opened my eyes to another possibility
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

Can confirm.

No knuckledraggers.

Great food.

Yes, indeed. It's one of the most sought after gigs in Park City. I got hella DV connections so PM me if you want me to put in a good word for you.

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,485
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

You got any kids?

Kids don't have to be priority number one of every single aspect of your life.
    Holy Projection Batman!
    Not sure what you're talking about, but either way you're still a pussy.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

#DadOfTheYear
    Sunday school? Congerts.

Can confirm.

No knuckledraggers.

Great food.

I was thinking Wal Mart greeter but you have opened my eyes to another possibility
    Seattle (and Green Lake in particular) ain't really a Walmart kinda town.

I've got one though. So does Park City for that matter.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    My house has a garage but I have a used car lot on my property

I'm just a loser, pretend sales guy who makes less than his spouse.

You've already won.