Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jimmy Lake

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

And you're in denial if you don't think the league and the school took a big hit off the field during covid

The only way to change the narrative is to change the narrative. USC fans are freaking out too as they should I guess.

People forget that the last meaningful Husky game was another gutless loss to Oregon in 2019

Sounds like some of you want Jimmy to fail just so you can say you were right - Hi Kim
    That’s the best you’ve got?

I don’t even need to untie the gloves for this …

Have I not said how COVID and the P12 response hurt perception big time? Nope … I said that

BTW, that’s a big factor on those players good enough to leave the region and go to the SEC or Ohio or Clemson … you won’t find much of me criticizing this staff for failing to land Emeka or JTT … they didn’t help themselves with either but those battles were long lost

I’m talking about the fact that there have been more decommits this year than there were under Pete’s tenure

I’m talking about this staff regularly striking out repeatedly on their top targets

And if you want to go to this place, I’m talking about Lake effectively pushing K (by all accounts one of the top assistants in the country) out the door to the point he latched on with Sark … who is as far away from OKG as it gets

Let’s ignore the fact that Oregon has had no problem flipping the switch on recruiting operating on effectively the same set of conditions that UW was over the last 12-18 months

Let’s ignore the fact that CLAY FUCKING HELTON managed to make some staff changes and see an uptick in recruiting during this period as well

I don’t want Jimmy to fail … far from it … but he’s setting this program up to return to .500 (or worse) in the next 3-5 years
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

This isn’t what the comments from a leader looks like
    Exactly. Take some fucking ownership instead of blaming the kids. Vorel should have followed up and asked why this never happened under Pete.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

We are in a stage of denial if we think all it takes to change recruiting momentum is winning on the field

And you're in denial if you don't think the league and the school took a big hit off the field during covid

The only way to change the narrative is to change the narrative. USC fans are freaking out too as they should I guess.

People forget that the last meaningful Husky game was another gutless loss to Oregon in 2019

Sounds like some of you want Jimmy to fail just so you can say you were right - Hi Kim
    Win the Pac-12 and then make some staff changes. That's the only plan I can come up with to get back on track.
    Which is a tough message as it is right?

How do you position yourself to have a loyal staff going forward if their reward for winning a conference is a pink slip and buyout since the odds of them getting promotions are slim to none for most

This is what it looks like when you double down on the wrong path over and over
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    His older, much less relatable boss had no problem with decommitments. Quite the opposite actually, and it was a point of pride.
  • Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,539
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Have to also think the school's overall lack of commitment to football might play a factor. If Oregon is recruiting you they can easily point out that Washington wasn't able to find a way to let their kids play in a championship game and they did and as a kid you'd have to listen to that in my opinion
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

Win the Pac-12 and then make some staff changes. That's the only plan I can come up with to get back on track.
    We need to stop agreeing

Bad for your brand
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,404
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

I'm pessimistic but trying to keep an open mind until the end of this season and the next recruiting cycle.

It’s fair to keep an open mind

On the field they should be good this year … anything in the 8-4 range sends the alarm bells into a full scale alert of the highest levels

It’s one thing to me if we got our targets and the stars weren’t where you’d like them

But we’re seeing significant numbers of decommits AND whiffing on many of our top targets (particularly some that should be layups

The biggest worry is likely to come when we see heavy attrition in the off-season … that has the chance to topple the house of cards Jimmy is presiding over
    If they suck this year I will fight my way back off the bandwagon

I reuse to panic over the future until after the season
    Fair enough. We just ask that you let the rest of us panic in peace.
    I needed a new unpopular leader to supper
  • Options

Have to also think the school's overall lack of commitment to football might play a factor. If Oregon is recruiting you they can easily point out that Washington wasn't able to find a way to let their kids play in a championship game and they did and as a kid you'd have to listen to that in my opinion

Terrible take
  • Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Is there any hope? There are obviously MAJOR issues in our programs approach but if the head man is too stubborn and arrogant to see and address them, then what? We are primed for a major fall once the 2019 class cycles out
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    Founders Club

Tequilla said:

I'm pessimistic but trying to keep an open mind until the end of this season and the next recruiting cycle.

It’s fair to keep an open mind

On the field they should be good this year … anything in the 8-4 range sends the alarm bells into a full scale alert of the highest levels

It’s one thing to me if we got our targets and the stars weren’t where you’d like them

But we’re seeing significant numbers of decommits AND whiffing on many of our top targets (particularly some that should be layups

The biggest worry is likely to come when we see heavy attrition in the off-season … that has the chance to topple the house of cards Jimmy is presiding over
    If they suck this year I will fight my way back off the bandwagon

I reuse to panic over the future until after the season
    Fair enough. We just ask that you let the rest of us panic in peace.
    I needed a new unpopular leader to supper
    I certainly don't begrudge you your opinion, but it's interesting coming from Mr. Always Count on UW to make the Wrong Decision.
  • Options
    DougDoug Member Posts: 40
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Tequilla said:

This sounds good but what indication at all do we have that Jimmy would make any changes to the staff he just hired and/or extended ?