Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has an ostensibly major football program ever been cucked as hard as UW is right now?

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
This shit is unfathomable.

The fact our AD willingly handed a spot in the conference championship to our arch nemesis.

The fact our head coach declared said nemesis (the school that branded us as fucking racists) as conference champs despite having a worse record than us in our division...

I'm seriously in awe. I'm super cynical about UW and you never could have convinced me this sequence of events wood have played out.

I don't know that I can ever root for anything good to happen to these people ever again.

Comments

• Options
    DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 760
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    This hasn’t been a major program for at least 25 years. This is Pitt, this is Minnesota, this is bullshit.
    I hope Oregon fans are enjoying this meltdown. We deserve it.
    I don’t know why I even say “we”. I have a degree from UW. They even lucked into a Rose Bowl win when I was there. But this school hasn’t really given a shit since I was 9 or 10 years old. Why the fuck should I care anymore?
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    If I were you, or any other UW fan, I would be pissed.

Some of the blame lies with the SEC, Big-12, etc who care so much that they decided that not playing football in the fall was worse than death. They’d rather have a season that looks like the dumpster behind the discount Chinese seafood market I bought lobsters at one time. A lot of blame for Larry and the Pac-12, they decided to be the Big Ten’s bitch and then waited until the pandemic got worse to realize they need that money as badly as the SEC does.

For Washington the blame is with the football program. AD, coaches, support staff, players. They needed to keep 7 OL, 4 DL, 1 QB and whoever else to field a team. I’ll give them credit for playing with fewer than 40 against Stanford. It was already too late at that point. They knew what they had to do and didn’t. Washington’s football budget isn’t at a disadvantage to SC’s or Oregon’s, they just fucked up. Inexperienced staff? Players who don’t care enough? No idea, probably all of those.

Be livid. Any sane person would. Even me. Shit, I’m mad at them - now Oregon’s asterisk labia trophy has an extra asterisk because of them.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Is that supposed to be a humble brag or something. Stfu west coast pj everyone has 55ish scholarship players by now nobody cares.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,280
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2020
    There’s a reason Cristobal uses the phrase “so and so weren’t available”. He gave zero info. For all we know, half that team could have had Covid, but Cristobal plays chess.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Is that supposed to be a humble brag or something. Stfu west coast pj everyone has 55ish scholarship players by now nobody cares.

Not your best effort.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Some of the blame lies with the SEC, Big-12, etc who care so much that they decided that not playing football in the fall was worse than death. They’d rather have a season that looks like the dumpster behind the discount Chinese seafood market I bought lobsters at one time. A lot of blame for Larry and the Pac-12, they decided to be the Big Ten’s bitch and then waited until the pandemic got worse to realize they need that money as badly as the SEC does.

For Washington the blame is with the football program. AD, coaches, support staff, players. They needed to keep 7 OL, 4 DL, 1 QB and whoever else to field a team. I’ll give them credit for playing with fewer than 40 against Stanford. It was already too late at that point. They knew what they had to do and didn’t. Washington’s football budget isn’t at a disadvantage to SC’s or Oregon’s, they just fucked up. Inexperienced staff? Players who don’t care enough? No idea, probably all of those.

Be livid. Any sane person would. Even me. Shit, I’m mad at them - now Oregon’s asterisk labia trophy has an extra asterisk because of them.

This is stupid for many reasons as Grundle points out but if UW really had less than 40 for Stanford then the other half of the roster would be back by now.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,091
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

P12 could have maintained, however thinly, the mantle of singular moral superiority and played in the spring or whatever.
    Nah, we? would be up against the XFL 3.0 and the cactus league.
  • Options
    EmotermanEmoterman Member Posts: 3,333
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Bullshit. P12 doesn't operate in a vacuum. SEC, ACC, B12, MAC, CUSA whoever else played, and were proven right. P12 could have maintained, however thinly, the mantle of singular moral superiority and played in the spring or whatever. But they fucked around, did half measures, and were proved to the be fool.
    Maybe I'mretarded.gifv but it seems like you're saying the exact same thing Mssr Brewing said.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BaldwinIV said:

dnc said:
    There's no way that's real? oh my god it looks like it is actually him.

...are we in hell?
    That's one of Jimmy Lake's bois