Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has an ostensibly major football program ever been cucked as hard as UW is right now?

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So we’re ok with Covid ball allowing us to win the North w/o beating Oregon the week prior. But now we are all salty in the vagzeen because Jenn “gave away” the title to Oregon because Covid ball. JFC we? Are a pathetic fan base. Man the fuck up and beat Oregon on the field where it matters.

Hi there.

We? openly mocked the hell out of the north title. No one was "okay" with it. The whole thing was a joke.

But joke or not you don't hand that opportunity to your biggest rival. Play with 11 kids, play with all walk ons if you have to. Who gives a fuck if you get ass blasted? 3-2 North Champions who gutted out a game majorly shorthanded beats the hell out of 3-1 opting out of a bowel and watching your rival win the conference.
    So it’s a joke we won the north and now we’re flipping out about 3-2 OR beating USC? Come on, Bud.
    No we're flipping out that we laid down and let Oregon win the conference championship.
    Again, where is the proof that we laid down and had a viable path towards playing in the title game ? Feels to me like we’re picking the wrong fucking hill to die on here.
    As I said to Teq in another thread.

"Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Show some damn fire and passion and pride at some level.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win."

We chose the path of least resistance. Like always. It's who we are.
    Wow. That would have been so satisfying to play DL and walk ons at OL just to keep Oregon out of the championship game.

You know what that sound like to me? Caring more about Oregon losing than UW winning. I think this might be the OG definition of a Doog, but its before my time.
    I love you.
    Someone’s gotta push back on this bull shit. I’ve seen more OG REAL dooging in the past week than my entire 4 years here.

A REAL Doog cares more about Oregon losing out on something than UW winning. Fucking pathetic.
    You're part of the problem. Hope this helps. Stop sucking Jenn's dick
    Fuck off Race.
    lol

Truth hurts
    IDGAF about your truth.
    It really seems like you do
    You came at me Abuelo taking cheap shots. Not the other way around.
    Chinned for the Abuelo reference ese. Not indicating favoritism here. Carry on.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Hey @YellowSnow I generally respect you but you are being a pansy about this situation.

The health organization recommendation was to lower the quarantine time to 7 days and UW decided to stay at 14. You guys think Ohio state is going to keep guys out for 21 days if it affects their playoffs? Nah it'll get changed

• Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,650
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The B1G Ten CARES about football.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    thechatch said:

The B1G Ten CARES about football.

Sunbelt cares more.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Do any of your think a school that predicted 2 million deaths is going to "push back" on medical advice? Push for a seven day quarantine instead of fourteen? C'mon man! This program is done for the foreseeable future. Jimmy has tripped over every hurdle that has been laid out for him after securing the 2019 recruiting class.

Retain dead weight coaches? Check.

Hire a retread failed OC? Check.

Sign an underwhelming 2020 recruiting class in a year that the state of Washington had one of its deepest and high end talent pools in recent memory? Check.

Fail to contain/maintain a roster during a pandemic while Smith, Chip, Helton, Mario, Dorrel and Shaw succeed? Check.

Put up zero opposition to not playing in the CCG. Then root for and then applaud your greatest rival after winning the game? Check.

Bag out of a bowl game and a chance to practice, play and refine your craft heading into what we all hope is a normal year next year? Check.

The rot of mediocrity and lowered expectations runs so deep in this AD that its okay to be second or third or fourth as long as the budget balances. I don't know what Jimmy will ultimately be as a head coach. He might be pretty good. I am pretty sure that he isn't elite or brilliant enough to overcome the decision makers or the politically correct majority of fans that truly define what success for this program looks like. '16-'18 gave me a ray of hope that UW could be a power player again but when Pete and JC were at the precipice of greatness and all that it entailed financially and morally they stepped it back and took the high road. Jen makes the books balance. She's actually pretty good at it. She'll be at UW, hiring and retaining shitty coaches and bleeding purple as long as she wants to. It's over.

POTM
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,075
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Do any of your think a school that predicted 2 million deaths is going to "push back" on medical advice? Push for a seven day quarantine instead of fourteen? C'mon man! This program is done for the foreseeable future. Jimmy has tripped over every hurdle that has been laid out for him after securing the 2019 recruiting class.

Retain dead weight coaches? Check.

Hire a retread failed OC? Check.

Sign an underwhelming 2020 recruiting class in a year that the state of Washington had one of its deepest and high end talent pools in recent memory? Check.

Fail to contain/maintain a roster during a pandemic while Smith, Chip, Helton, Mario, Dorrel and Shaw succeed? Check.

Put up zero opposition to not playing in the CCG. Then root for and then applaud your greatest rival after winning the game? Check.

Bag out of a bowl game and a chance to practice, play and refine your craft heading into what we all hope is a normal year next year? Check.

The rot of mediocrity and lowered expectations runs so deep in this AD that its okay to be second or third or fourth as long as the budget balances. I don't know what Jimmy will ultimately be as a head coach. He might be pretty good. I am pretty sure that he isn't elite or brilliant enough to overcome the decision makers or the politically correct majority of fans that truly define what success for this program looks like. '16-'18 gave me a ray of hope that UW could be a power player again but when Pete and JC were at the precipice of greatness and all that it entailed financially and morally they stepped it back and took the high road. Jen makes the books balance. She's actually pretty good at it. She'll be at UW, hiring and retaining shitty coaches and bleeding purple as long as she wants to. It's over.

I don’t think you’re wrong but it is strange that nothing about this has anything to do with current on field results.

I saw a talented and flawed team that was actually young and needs to get better.

Coach em up and win. Lake can do a better job of putting the players in a position to succeed and needs to bring toughness back, but it wasn’t all bad and if we pulled it out against Stanford the nitpicking would be much less.

Fuck the program and the pussy administration. I give up expecting more with them, but I do expect Jimmy to win and despite his flaws, he gets a chance from me to do so.
    Oh he gets a chance, but I think what many are concerned about is the indicators of "program management." There are a ton of red flags. Now if ultimately Jimmy turns top 40 crootin classes and a bunch of retard assistants into a Top 10 powerhouse on the reg, then all this apparent bungling is forgiven. But right now, the 3-1 on field record in a tim of Covid is so hard for me to draw any solid conclusions from, that I go with the only data points I have. And all those data points scream "this guy is not up to this challenge." So yeah, LIPO for sure. Maybe DonJohn is the best thing ever and maybe our ass recruiting class actually has 5 future AAs in it. Who knows? But for now, I have MAJOR concerns based on the data available to me.

Next year is HUGE for Jimmy and this programs trajectory. He will still have plenty of talent, so there are zero excuses.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,187
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Hey @YellowSnow I generally respect you but you are being a pansy about this situation.

The health organization recommendation was to lower the quarantine time to 7 days and UW decided to stay at 14. You guys think Ohio state is going to keep guys out for 21 days if it affects their playoffs? Nah it'll get changed

I’m shocked that Ohio State football has more clout than UW. I mean absolutely shocked.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2020

So we’re ok with Covid ball allowing us to win the North w/o beating Oregon the week prior. But now we are all salty in the vagzeen because Jenn “gave away” the title to Oregon because Covid ball. JFC we? Are a pathetic fan base. Man the fuck up and beat Oregon on the field where it matters.

We're the worse. Quite easily.

But we're not as bad as our AD, and program, at the moment. They've fucked up in every conceivable way. You can tell by the way UO won the conference. That right there tells you all you need to know. There's no joy in Mudville when the Ducks win the conference.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,091
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Part of the problem
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Part of the problem

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

pawz said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I’m shocked that Ohio State football has more clout than UW. I mean absolutely shocked.
    Come watch Yella willfully disregard the poont in every thread.

The University of Washington is one of the top 20 universities in the world.

openyofuckineyes.gif

Even Preston knows that means they can do what they want when they want it.

The University of Washington doesn't want it.

Sadly the only poont that matters. Bill Gerberdink has won the war.

#RIPUWFOOTBALL

TPIO

Football doesn’t drive the ship at the University of Washington. We've known this since 1993. Gerberding did win the war.

You guysm keep making the claim - without evidence - the Jenn and Jimmy willfully gave away an opportunity to play in the CCG. Jimmy has said they we had no OL based on cases and contact tracing rules.

A large reason for the University being considered a Top 20 University in the world is the medical school, which for better or worse has been front page news during Covid. What was the role of the University President and our University's Docs in this outcome with the CCG? I don't see this being discussed much here. But it seems plausible to me that Cohen and Lake truly were powerless to change things.

No matter how much we all love Husky football we are never going to be in a position like Alabama, Ohio State, etc, whereby football gets to dictate terms to the University. And this especially true in an extraordinary set of circumstances like Covid where the regional politics are so unfavorable towards pandemic football.

You want people to provide evidence that Jen and Jimmy didn’t do something??? Wtf? How about the fact there isn’t evidence they tried anything at all?

Isn’t this the same thread where you were calling people doogs for not wanting to give up CCG or a bowl game 2+ weeks from now?

Followed up by posts non ironically citing perspective like “top 20 university in the world”, “regional politics”, and not expecting too much in THIS “ extraordinary set of circumstances like Covid” pandemic...

Wtf is this 2009 doog bullshit
  • Options
    dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,289
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

No matter how much we all love Husky football we are never going to be in a position like Alabama, Ohio State, etc, whereby football gets to dictate terms to the University. And this especially true in an extraordinary set of circumstances like Covid where the regional politics are so unfavorable towards pandemic football.

You have to beat Bama and OSU and winning will set it's own culture. We needed to knock them off for foosball to rule the world again. Look at the stupid 12's, Seattle loves football but for an empire to rise, you need to win big gaymes..... Come on Yella

• Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Houhusky said:

pawz said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Come watch Yella willfully disregard the poont in every thread.

The University of Washington is one of the top 20 universities in the world.

openyofuckineyes.gif

Even Preston knows that means they can do what they want when they want it.

The University of Washington doesn't want it.

Sadly the only poont that matters. Bill Gerberdink has won the war.

#RIPUWFOOTBALL

TPIO

Football doesn’t drive the ship at the University of Washington. We've known this since 1993. Gerberding did win the war.

You guysm keep making the claim - without evidence - the Jenn and Jimmy willfully gave away an opportunity to play in the CCG. Jimmy has said they we had no OL based on cases and contact tracing rules.

A large reason for the University being considered a Top 20 University in the world is the medical school, which for better or worse has been front page news during Covid. What was the role of the University President and our University's Docs in this outcome with the CCG? I don't see this being discussed much here. But it seems plausible to me that Cohen and Lake truly were powerless to change things.

You want people to provide evidence that Jen and Jimmy didn’t do something??? Wtf? How about the fact there isn’t evidence they tried anything at all?

Isn’t this the same thread where you were calling people doogs for not wanting to give up CCG or a bowl game 2+ weeks from now?

Followed up by posts non ironically citing perspective like “top 20 university in the world”, “regional politics”, and not expecting too much in THIS “ extraordinary set of circumstances like Covid” pandemic...

Wtf is this 2009 doog bullshit
    Read the exchange between @pawz and myself. He brought up top 20 University. I asked how the internal politics of the UDub played into the outcome of this shit show.

I’m happy to fire everyone in 2021 in a normal year if the results aren’t there.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dannarc said:

You have to beat Bama and OSU and winning will set it's own culture. We needed to knock them off for foosball to rule the world again. Look at the stupid 12's, Seattle loves football but for an empire to rise, you need to win big gaymes..... Come on Yella

We beat Ohio State and Miami in 1994. The empire continued to decay.

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,495
    Founders Club

dannarc said:

We beat Ohio State and Miami in 1994. The empire continued to decay.

Same year Oregon invented college football, which contributed bigly to the decay.