Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has an ostensibly major football program ever been cucked as hard as UW is right now?

Comments

• Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Part of the problem

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.
    Unfortunate reality
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

pawz said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Hey @YellowSnow I generally respect you but you are being a pansy about this situation.

The health organization recommendation was to lower the quarantine time to 7 days and UW decided to stay at 14. You guys think Ohio state is going to keep guys out for 21 days if it affects their playoffs? Nah it'll get changed

I’m shocked that Ohio State football has more clout than UW. I mean absolutely shocked.
    Come watch Yella willfully disregard the poont in every thread.

The University of Washington is one of the top 20 universities in the world.

openyofuckineyes.gif

Even Preston knows that means they can do what they want when they want it.

The University of Washington doesn't want it.

Sadly the only poont that matters. Bill Gerberdink has won the war.

#RIPUWFOOTBALL

TPIO

Football doesn’t drive the ship at the University of Washington. We've known this since 1993. Gerberding did win the war.

You guysm keep making the claim - without evidence - the Jenn and Jimmy willfully gave away an opportunity to play in the CCG. Jimmy has said they we had no OL based on cases and contact tracing rules.

A large reason for the University being considered a Top 20 University in the world is the medical school, which for better or worse has been front page news during Covid. What was the role of the University President and our University's Docs in this outcome with the CCG? I don't see this being discussed much here. But it seems plausible to me that Cohen and Lake truly were powerless to change things.

No matter how much we all love Husky football we are never going to be in a position like Alabama, Ohio State, etc, whereby football gets to dictate terms to the University. And this especially true in an extraordinary set of circumstances like Covid where the regional politics are so unfavorable towards pandemic football.

That's my operating assumption. Noted Duck Honk.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,190
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

pawz said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

Hey @YellowSnow I generally respect you but you are being a pansy about this situation.

The health organization recommendation was to lower the quarantine time to 7 days and UW decided to stay at 14. You guys think Ohio state is going to keep guys out for 21 days if it affects their playoffs? Nah it'll get changed

I’m shocked that Ohio State football has more clout than UW. I mean absolutely shocked.

openyofuckineyes.gif

#RIPUWFOOTBALL

TPIO

But, in fairness to the point Yella's making, it's not a top end world research institution because of the athletic department. In terms of the clout that Washington has in the west, much less nationally, in sports, is a different matter. We? saw that in the 90s when it was our? conference that fucked the program harder than anybody.

The things that make UW well known are mostly in its medical/health sciences and computer science fields, with a smattering of top programs in the school of arts and sciences. Those people don't give a fuck about football and sports. Those are the people who hold the school's credentials to which you refer.

Like he says, it's not Alabama, it's not Buck, it's not LSU, it's not Clemson. At those schools you can expect the AD to lay the lumber when he needs to. At Bama and Clemson the fucking coach can do it on his own.

Not only does Washington's program not have that, I would dare say not a single school in the conference, not even Oregon, has an AD that can slap its dick in the face of the university brass. It's not like that out west.
    Don James in 1993 doesn’t happen at Buck, Bammer, LSU, etc. Nothing has changed with us. The University (and the conference for that matter) still tells our? football team what to do. I wish it were different, but it’s not.

In spite of all these handicaps, the bar for success remains winning the Pac 1/3 years and winning some NY6 bowls.
  • Options
    CaptainPJCaptainPJ Member Posts: 2,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Part of the problem

Cool. Thanks for letting me know.
    Unfortunate reality

pawz said:

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

openyofuckineyes.gif

#RIPUWFOOTBALL

TPIO

But, in fairness to the point Yella's making, it's not a top end world research institution because of the athletic department. In terms of the clout that Washington has in the west, much less nationally, in sports, is a different matter. We? saw that in the 90s when it was our? conference that fucked the program harder than anybody.

The things that make UW well known are mostly in its medical/health sciences and computer science fields, with a smattering of top programs in the school of arts and sciences. Those people don't give a fuck about football and sports. Those are the people who hold the school's credentials to which you refer.

Like he says, it's not Alabama, it's not Buck, it's not LSU, it's not Clemson. At those schools you can expect the AD to lay the lumber when he needs to. At Bama and Clemson the fucking coach can do it on his own.

Not only does Washington's program not have that, I would dare say not a single school in the conference, not even Oregon, has an AD that can slap its dick in the face of the university brass. It's not like that out west.
    As a former athlete that had to deal with the Science Prof’s intolerance of trying to achieve a balanced schedule, I can attest this is 100% true.

Ask Brock Huard
  • Options

Why would UW change when you throw money at them for being losers

Jenn loves this thread

Look they make all my excuses for me and don't expect shit

Send them the fundraising letter bud

When you say "bud", do you mean that in an endearing way, like you me and @dflea are Black Hills League buds?

Or do you mean it sarcastically?
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,641
    Honestly though....since I think we can all agree that sportsmanship and the fight against injustice are the real wins, UW had a great season. I for one, am proud.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Yella its time for a perspective walk

We were in the playoff FOUR YEARS AGO

We don't even need to talk about the 90s anymore because it was JUST proven what UW can be on the field and no matter how much you want to whine it doesn't take that away. They did it 2016 regardless of any "upper campus issues"

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,190
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Canadawg said:

Yella its time for a perspective walk

We were in the playoff FOUR YEARS AGO

We don't even need to talk about the 90s anymore because it was JUST proven what UW can be on the field and no matter how much you want to whine it doesn't take that away. They did it 2016 regardless of any "upper campus issues"

Ok hockey mom, thanks for the advice. Where have I ever said that UW shouldn’t annually be in the hunt for the CFP? That should be the goal every year. Judge Jenn and Jimmy based on the results on the field in 2021.

All I’m saying is the UW’s administration doesn’t care about doing what ever it takes to win at football, which is a handicap Bammer or Buckeye doesn’t face.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    dnc said:

Lots of reasonable perspective in this thread.

Somehow I don’t think mi amigo creep wood be so forgiving and understanding if Miami pulled this shit.

Feels like I’m at Dawgman.

Fuck expectations.

20 years ago, you'd have a point.

Today? I just want to play Virginia and North Carolina and not worry about the outcome.

Expectations have been markedly adjusted. It's been 18 years. At some point, I can't worry about it anymore.

PS: I did re-watch the 1989 Miami Notre Dame tilt the other day. I needed a fix. When I get real desperate, I'll look for 1985 Notre Dame, where the humiliation was next level. Or 1990 Texas, one of my all-tim favorites. So I guess I still care a little.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Gave up reading this thread after the first 50 posts saying the same stuff over and over.

Here's the deal. Anyone expecting UW to push back hard, go against the conference publicly, or try any other means of getting to play in the CCG or keep Oregon out has either been away from Seattle too long, is in denial about what Seattle has become and who the people are who inhabit the city, or never lived here in the first place.

If your expectations and demands are tied in to any kind of thought that mirrors the SEC you should quit following UW now and save the remaining years of your life for some other kind of misery. It's over and not changing back.

Someone rightly pointed out that one year after winning a National Championship the school went out of its way to toss Don James under the bus. The AD does not have to live up to a championship standard because the regents and school president don't give a shit about football, and there is no well-heeled alumn out there who will put pressure on the school ala Uncle Phil - sorry @sonics1993, your $500k isn't big dick money. As long as the AD is making a profit that's good enough for them. UW are the Mariners of CFB.

This poast deserves mor chins. Well done.