Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Has an ostensibly major football program ever been cucked as hard as UW is right now?

Comments

• Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Yella its time for a perspective walk

We were in the playoff FOUR YEARS AGO

We don't even need to talk about the 90s anymore because it was JUST proven what UW can be on the field and no matter how much you want to whine it doesn't take that away. They did it 2016 regardless of any "upper campus issues"

He's talking about COVID. We seem to have lost sight, as we often do here, of the original subject. He's saying that it's a lot easier to tell the AD or the first year coach to push around and through the COVID problem than it is for them to actually do it. Lake, for starters, has no clout. He is a first-year promoted DC. Forget about that. Anybody expecting him to swing his dick around is just naive. He just got there and has no platform.

Cohen is a functionary. Functionaries exist within larger bureaucracies and UW is a medium sized city. They don't get there and stay there by not knowing the politics. That's where the "bud" tone in the letter comes from. I've written and reviewed a million in my career. First draft starts with "bud" because the writer is sitting there rolling their eyes at the person demanding that they do or don't do something the substance and context of which that person barely understands.

Here is a wild ass guess: UW has been out front on COVID as a national resource. Seattle is not exactly full of people who think it's just a bunch of bullshit. The AD at UW is going to play ball strictly by the rules the healthcare people have laid out. Period. Nothing short of that will be tolerated. Otherwise, really bad look for the school.

He's not talking about expectations going forward. Just the issue with COVID.

If you want to be mad, be made that Lake didn't manage a tighter ship and keep the kids clean. That turned out to matter.
    Creepycoug living in his own glory right here, didn't know you had that gear. Nicely done.

Seattle was a liberal, left-wing, science believing, coffee drinking, musician friendly, haven for the homeless, druggy town in 1991 and UW football seemed to be okay then.

The head football coach can at least control what he can control, or at heavily influence what he can heavily influence. And this often means the physical activities of scholarship football players. Especially at a $3 million price tag.

The question is how did the football program fuck up so royally with all this state-of-the art COVID knowledge located just .25 miles away from the fucking football stadium.
    And this is the crux of the issue. Whichever side of the "we should have/couldn't play with the Covid" argument you fall on, I think we can all agree that this coaching staff failed miserably to keep this team eligible to play ball. That's on Lake. The buck stops with him. The Pac-12 footprints rules wrt Covid are a fucking disaster in my eyes, but none of that matters. The only thing that matters is if the football team can continue to operate within the rules (whether they are stupid or not is irrelevant) they are given. The rules were clear. Lake and his staff failed to manage to those rules effectively and we were put in an untenable position from which they either pussed out like bitches OR couldn't field a competitive team so retired from the field of battle, depending on your perspective. The result is the same. They are either (a) cowards, (b) incompetents, or (C) both. There is no option D.

The Meathead in Eugene kept his team ready to play, while Lake grab assed his way into an epic fail that will reverberate for ages. They knew the rules. They failed in their primary mission which was to keep a team ready to compete for the school giving them a free education. The fact that they failed in such spectacular fashion, by giving their arch rival the opportunity to win a Fiesta Bowl, just magnifies how critical "program management skills" really are in high stakes organizations. We lacked those skills in a big way and are now reaping the whirlwind of that gross incompetence. Stop complaining about the Pac-12s rules. Of course they are stupid because West Coast + Pac-12 = guaranteed stupid shit. Oregon and USC managed to those rules anyway and played in the money game. We took photos of lattes and boats while Rome burned. Then made excuses and congratulated they guy who just fucked our wife.

This shit is so simple a degenerate like me can figure it out. Somehow all those millionaires in the AD can't. Pathetic.
    As my pretend legal counsel from @creepycoug Partners LLP argued so forcefully, I believe it's more likely than not Jenn/Jimmy were doomed the moment the OL had the crud outbreak.

Yes, we can agree that Oregon and USC were successful in keeping the Covid at bay just enough to stay in the fight, which is what mattered above else this during this shit show season.

But what inquiring minds like myself want to know is this: What strategeries did Oregon and USC successfully implement to keep the Vid from knocking out an entire position group? And what then was the negligence on the part of Jimmy and UW's crack team of medical professional which was the proximate cause of our? demise?

I want answers god damn it.
    I do too. Oregon doesn’t surprise me as Creepy’s boyfriend runs a tight ship and I bet the citizens of Eugene would gladly snitch on any players that were seen breaking quarantine.

USC is a head scratcher though. Maybe the squad was playing Call of Duty with Helton everyday after Zoom meetings? I’d think college guys would have more temptation in LA.

Either way, Lake should have a scarlet “COVID-19 +” stitched to the OL’s shirt that fucked this up so he gets his rightful shunning in Red Square.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,291
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

We don't even need to talk about the 90s anymore because it was JUST proven what UW can be on the field and no matter how much you want to whine it doesn't take that away. They did it 2016 regardless of any "upper campus issues"

He's talking about COVID. We seem to have lost sight, as we often do here, of the original subject. He's saying that it's a lot easier to tell the AD or the first year coach to push around and through the COVID problem than it is for them to actually do it. Lake, for starters, has no clout. He is a first-year promoted DC. Forget about that. Anybody expecting him to swing his dick around is just naive. He just got there and has no platform.

Cohen is a functionary. Functionaries exist within larger bureaucracies and UW is a medium sized city. They don't get there and stay there by not knowing the politics. That's where the "bud" tone in the letter comes from. I've written and reviewed a million in my career. First draft starts with "bud" because the writer is sitting there rolling their eyes at the person demanding that they do or don't do something the substance and context of which that person barely understands.

Here is a wild ass guess: UW has been out front on COVID as a national resource. Seattle is not exactly full of people who think it's just a bunch of bullshit. The AD at UW is going to play ball strictly by the rules the healthcare people have laid out. Period. Nothing short of that will be tolerated. Otherwise, really bad look for the school.

If you want to be mad, be made that Lake didn't manage a tighter ship and keep the kids clean. That turned out to matter.
    Creepycoug living in his own glory right here, didn't know you had that gear. Nicely done.

Seattle was a liberal, left-wing, science believing, coffee drinking, musician friendly, haven for the homeless, druggy town in 1991 and UW football seemed to be okay then.

The head football coach can at least control what he can control, or at heavily influence what he can heavily influence. And this often means the physical activities of scholarship football players. Especially at a $3 million price tag.

The question is how did the football program fuck up so royally with all this state-of-the art COVID knowledge located just .25 miles away from the fucking football stadium.
    And this is the crux of the issue. Whichever side of the "we should have/couldn't play with the Covid" argument you fall on, I think we can all agree that this coaching staff failed miserably to keep this team eligible to play ball. That's on Lake. The buck stops with him. The Pac-12 footprints rules wrt Covid are a fucking disaster in my eyes, but none of that matters. The only thing that matters is if the football team can continue to operate within the rules (whether they are stupid or not is irrelevant) they are given. The rules were clear. Lake and his staff failed to manage to those rules effectively and we were put in an untenable position from which they either pussed out like bitches OR couldn't field a competitive team so retired from the field of battle, depending on your perspective. The result is the same. They are either (a) cowards, (b) incompetents, or (C) both. There is no option D.

The Meathead in Eugene kept his team ready to play, while Lake grab assed his way into an epic fail that will reverberate for ages. They knew the rules. They failed in their primary mission which was to keep a team ready to compete for the school giving them a free education. The fact that they failed in such spectacular fashion, by giving their arch rival the opportunity to win a Fiesta Bowl, just magnifies how critical "program management skills" really are in high stakes organizations. We lacked those skills in a big way and are now reaping the whirlwind of that gross incompetence. Stop complaining about the Pac-12s rules. Of course they are stupid because West Coast + Pac-12 = guaranteed stupid shit. Oregon and USC managed to those rules anyway and played in the money game. We took photos of lattes and boats while Rome burned. Then made excuses and congratulated they guy who just fucked our wife.

This shit is so simple a degenerate like me can figure it out. Somehow all those millionaires in the AD can't. Pathetic.
    As my pretend legal counsel from @creepycoug Partners LLP argued so forcefully, I believe it's more likely than not Jenn/Jimmy were doomed the moment the OL had the crud outbreak.

Yes, we can agree that Oregon and USC were successful in keeping the Covid at bay just enough to stay in the fight, which is what mattered above else this during this shit show season.

But what inquiring minds like myself want to know is this: What strategeries did Oregon and USC successfully implement to keep the Vid from knocking out an entire position group? And what then was the negligence on the part of Jimmy and UW's crack team of medical professional which was the proximate cause of our? demise?

I do too. Oregon doesn’t surprise me as Creepy’s boyfriend runs a tight ship and I bet the citizens of Eugene would gladly snitch on any players that were seen breaking quarantine.

USC is a head scratcher though. Maybe the squad was playing Call of Duty with Helton everyday after Zoom meetings? I’d think college guys would have more temptation in LA.

Either way, Lake should have a scarlet “COVID-19 +” stitched to the OL’s shirt that fucked this up so he gets his rightful shunning in Red Square.
    Seriously - I want to know what the hell happened.
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited December 2020

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

Seriously - I want to know what the hell happened.
    Would you be able to handle the truth?

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

I don't care if Lake locked them in a shed for 6 months and only let them out to eat and piss. "Whatever it takes to play" should have been not just a thing on Montlake, but the ONLY thing. I have no doubt these kids were not on lockdown. Some OL just had to finger bang Sally Sue and then infected the entire lot of fat asses afterwards. I'd like to know what the hell actually happened as well. Whatever it is, it's Lake's fault.
    Paging @SallySue
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,992
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Gave up reading this thread after the first 50 posts saying the same stuff over and over.

Here's the deal. Anyone expecting UW to push back hard, go against the conference publicly, or try any other means of getting to play in the CCG or keep Oregon out has either been away from Seattle too long, is in denial about what Seattle has become and who the people are who inhabit the city, or never lived here in the first place.

If your expectations and demands are tied in to any kind of thought that mirrors the SEC you should quit following UW now and save the remaining years of your life for some other kind of misery. It's over and not changing back.

Someone rightly pointed out that one year after winning a National Championship the school went out of its way to toss Don James under the bus. The AD does not have to live up to a championship standard because the regents and school president don't give a shit about football, and there is no well-heeled alumn out there who will put pressure on the school ala Uncle Phil - sorry @sonics1993, your $500k isn't big dick money. As long as the AD is making a profit that's good enough for them. UW are the Mariners of CFB.

Nailed it

I'd like to strive to be Bammer or Clumpson but winning half a NC almost 30 years ago isn't in that league

We've always been a second tier good West Coast program. Doogs will always find excuses. Seattle was full of cucks and faggots who filled Hell Ed for the women's team and ignored the men's team - and I'm talking ca. 1992 here. It's just worse now. They walk with baby strollers while the wife plays on her phone.

2016 gave all of us some hope, and I still think big things are possible. I just don't see us sustaining them for a more than three years like Bammer, Clemson, and USC used to do. We've never done that.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,684
    Swaye said:

Canadawg said:

All of this is wrong.

They aren't "getting a free education"

They are being exploited by capitalists and basically are slaves. So your argument has no merit due to your immoral stance.
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,899
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So we’re ok with Covid ball allowing us to win the North w/o beating Oregon the week prior. But now we are all salty in the vagzeen because Jenn “gave away” the title to Oregon because Covid ball. JFC we? Are a pathetic fan base. Man the fuck up and beat Oregon on the field where it matters.

Hi there.

We? openly mocked the hell out of the north title. No one was "okay" with it. The whole thing was a joke.

But joke or not you don't hand that opportunity to your biggest rival. Play with 11 kids, play with all walk ons if you have to. Who gives a fuck if you get ass blasted? 3-2 North Champions who gutted out a game majorly shorthanded beats the hell out of 3-1 opting out of a bowel and watching your rival win the conference.
    So it’s a joke we won the north and now we’re flipping out about 3-2 OR beating USC? Come on, Bud.
    No we're flipping out that we laid down and let Oregon win the conference championship.
    Again, where is the proof that we laid down and had a viable path towards playing in the title game ? Feels to me like we’re picking the wrong fucking hill to die on here.
    As I said to Teq in another thread.

"Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Show some damn fire and passion and pride at some level.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win."

We chose the path of least resistance. Like always. It's who we are.
    Wow. That would have been so satisfying to play DL and walk ons at OL just to keep Oregon out of the championship game.

You know what that sound like to me? Caring more about Oregon losing than UW winning. I think this might be the OG definition of a Doog, but its before my time.
    I know I'm late to the party on this thread, but I feel this is the heart of the disagreement. It's not about Oregon losing. It's about playing the damn game. It's worse to not play at all than it is to play with slim to no chance of winning. Therefore, we should try everything we can to play.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

So we’re ok with Covid ball allowing us to win the North w/o beating Oregon the week prior. But now we are all salty in the vagzeen because Jenn “gave away” the title to Oregon because Covid ball. JFC we? Are a pathetic fan base. Man the fuck up and beat Oregon on the field where it matters.

Hi there.

We? openly mocked the hell out of the north title. No one was "okay" with it. The whole thing was a joke.

But joke or not you don't hand that opportunity to your biggest rival. Play with 11 kids, play with all walk ons if you have to. Who gives a fuck if you get ass blasted? 3-2 North Champions who gutted out a game majorly shorthanded beats the hell out of 3-1 opting out of a bowel and watching your rival win the conference.
    So it’s a joke we won the north and now we’re flipping out about 3-2 OR beating USC? Come on, Bud.
    No we're flipping out that we laid down and let Oregon win the conference championship.
    Again, where is the proof that we laid down and had a viable path towards playing in the title game ? Feels to me like we’re picking the wrong fucking hill to die on here.

"Convince the conference to push the game back to Sunday so you could get your guys in there. Convince the county to make an exception on contact tracing. Go scorched earth publicly against both if they aren't willing to help until they are willing to reconsider.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Seriously anything would have been better than casually stepping aside, offering Oregon your spot and declaring them the conference champions if they win."

Wow. That would have been so satisfying to play DL and walk ons at OL just to keep Oregon out of the championship game.

You know what that sound like to me? Caring more about Oregon losing than UW winning. I think this might be the OG definition of a Doog, but its before my time.
    I know I'm late to the party on this thread, but I feel this is the heart of the disagreement. It's not about Oregon losing. It's about playing the damn game. It's worse to not play at all than it is to play with slim to no chance of winning. Therefore, we should try everything we can to play.
    Please read Creep's 2 posts on Page 7 for further information. These are required reading.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2020

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Hi there.

Play DL at OL.

Play walk ons.

Please read Creep's 2 posts on Page 7 for further information. These are required reading.
    Please see my rant. I'd have settled for a lukewarm Jimmy and Jen taking shots at the conference or just even Larry backhandedly. Instead, they are perfectly content to go on vacation and just get some #metime for the next two months. Why would they worry about conference titles, ny6 games, standings, or even revenue for that matter? Not really all that important when your paycheck clears.
    Cool. Fire Jimmy in 2021 if he fucks away a normal season. Wins and losses are all that matters in this business.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,684