Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Has an ostensibly major football program ever been cucked as hard as UW is right now?

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,939 Founders Club
    edited December 2020
    dnc said:

Lots of reasonable perspective in this thread.

Somehow I don’t think mi amigo creep wood be so forgiving and understanding if Miami pulled this shit.

Feels like I’m at Dawgman.

Fuck expectations.

Look sermon seeker, we have the same exact expectations for the on the field product. Jimmy has to beat Oregon next year AND win the Pac in 2021 or 22 or he should be shit canned. The talent is already here.

But where I disagree with you is how FUBAR things were for Jenn / Jimmy once the OL got vid. We should have known better and told the kids no fornicating until TSIO.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,980
    Jimmy ain’t beating Oregon next year and he certainly ain’t winning the conference. Maybe year 3 or 4.
    thechatch said:

Jimmy ain’t beating Oregon next year and he certainly ain’t winning the conference. Maybe year 3 or 4.

Well see. But he’s gotta win the Pac by year 3. Any decent to great coach we’ve had has won big by year 3. The sucky ones did not.
  • thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,980
    Correct. A good coach at a major program wins the league by the end of his third year.
  • HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,587
    Seems like people just want to punch their own nuts for the fun of it.

YOUR Pac-12 North Champions are going to very good next year and UW will be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the conference with a bleached anus full of starters coming back on both sides of the ball.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146
    edited December 2020

Gave up reading this thread after the first 50 posts saying the same stuff over and over.

Here's the deal. Anyone expecting UW to push back hard, go against the conference publicly, or try any other means of getting to play in the CCG or keep Oregon out has either been away from Seattle too long, is in denial about what Seattle has become and who the people are who inhabit the city, or never lived here in the first place.

If your expectations and demands are tied in to any kind of thought that mirrors the SEC you should quit following UW now and save the remaining years of your life for some other kind of misery. It's over and not changing back.

Someone rightly pointed out that one year after winning a National Championship the school went out of its way to toss Don James under the bus. The AD does not have to live up to a championship standard because the regents and school president don't give a shit about football, and there is no well-heeled alumn out there who will put pressure on the school ala Uncle Phil - sorry @sonics1993, your $500k isn't big dick money. As long as the AD is making a profit that's good enough for them. UW are the Mariners of CFB.

UW football: can’t live with em. Can’t live with out em.

Why would UW change when you throw money at them for being losers

Jenn loves this thread

Look they make all my excuses for me and don't expect shit

Send them the fundraising letter bud

Anybody still following this team and spending money on them, that's their problem. My point is there is no reason to watch the team anymore and anyone clinging to hope is wasting their time. Go take an online class at an SEC school so you can root for a new squad.

Edit: Also, I think the playoff model has added to this because it's not even fun to watch a 9 - 3 team anymore. One loss in the PAC, or two if you're in another conference, and TSIO. Some people are happy to with the Northwest Championship. Bless them and their retardation.
    HFNY said:

YOUR Pac-12 North Champions are going to very good next year and UW will be one of the top 2 or 3 teams in the conference with a bleached anus full of starters coming back on both sides of the ball.

2020 is a real nut cracker.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member Posts: 11,146
    dnc said:

Lots of reasonable perspective in this thread.

Somehow I don’t think mi amigo creep wood be so forgiving and understanding if Miami pulled this shit.

Feels like I’m at Dawgman.

Fuck expectations.

Sadly, I think your expectations of UW are misplaced at this point. I mean, you can have them and I think it's reasonable to say UW has the resources, etc that they should compete on a national level. Many, if not all, of the pieces are there for UW to be a national player except for the people running the show. Unfortunately, that's the most important part and they aren't going to willingly put themselves out of jobs.
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 4,486 Standard Supporter
    HFNY said:

Word. The real Pac-12 norf champs played zero road games and won a grand total of exactly 1 division game.
  • DoogmanRefundDoogmanRefund Member Posts: 793
    dtd said:

HFNY said:

Word. The real Pac-12 norf champs played zero road games and won a grand total of exactly 1 division game.
    Stanford finished the regular reason 4-2. 3-1 in the division. Oregon technically finished 3rd in division but won the conference.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

dtd said:

HFNY said:

Stanford finished the regular reason 4-2. 3-1 in the division. Oregon technically finished 3rd in division but won the conference.

And their only division loss gets a huge false positive asterisk
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419

Canadawg said:

Yella its time for a perspective walk

We were in the playoff FOUR YEARS AGO

We don't even need to talk about the 90s anymore because it was JUST proven what UW can be on the field and no matter how much you want to whine it doesn't take that away. They did it 2016 regardless of any "upper campus issues"

He's talking about COVID. We seem to have lost sight, as we often do here, of the original subject. He's saying that it's a lot easier to tell the AD or the first year coach to push around and through the COVID problem than it is for them to actually do it. Lake, for starters, has no clout. He is a first-year promoted DC. Forget about that. Anybody expecting him to swing his dick around is just naive. He just got there and has no platform.

Cohen is a functionary. Functionaries exist within larger bureaucracies and UW is a medium sized city. They don't get there and stay there by not knowing the politics. That's where the "bud" tone in the letter comes from. I've written and reviewed a million in my career. First draft starts with "bud" because the writer is sitting there rolling their eyes at the person demanding that they do or don't do something the substance and context of which that person barely understands.

Here is a wild ass guess: UW has been out front on COVID as a national resource. Seattle is not exactly full of people who think it's just a bunch of bullshit. The AD at UW is going to play ball strictly by the rules the healthcare people have laid out. Period. Nothing short of that will be tolerated. Otherwise, really bad look for the school.

He's not talking about expectations going forward. Just the issue with COVID.

If you want to be mad, be made that Lake didn't manage a tighter ship and keep the kids clean. That turned out to matter.
    Best post in a long time. Thank you.
    edited December 2020
    Gladstone said:

Canadawg said:

Yella its time for a perspective walk

We were in the playoff FOUR YEARS AGO

We don't even need to talk about the 90s anymore because it was JUST proven what UW can be on the field and no matter how much you want to whine it doesn't take that away. They did it 2016 regardless of any "upper campus issues"

He's talking about COVID. We seem to have lost sight, as we often do here, of the original subject. He's saying that it's a lot easier to tell the AD or the first year coach to push around and through the COVID problem than it is for them to actually do it. Lake, for starters, has no clout. He is a first-year promoted DC. Forget about that. Anybody expecting him to swing his dick around is just naive. He just got there and has no platform.

Cohen is a functionary. Functionaries exist within larger bureaucracies and UW is a medium sized city. They don't get there and stay there by not knowing the politics. That's where the "bud" tone in the letter comes from. I've written and reviewed a million in my career. First draft starts with "bud" because the writer is sitting there rolling their eyes at the person demanding that they do or don't do something the substance and context of which that person barely understands.

Here is a wild ass guess: UW has been out front on COVID as a national resource. Seattle is not exactly full of people who think it's just a bunch of bullshit. The AD at UW is going to play ball strictly by the rules the healthcare people have laid out. Period. Nothing short of that will be tolerated. Otherwise, really bad look for the school.

He's not talking about expectations going forward. Just the issue with COVID.

If you want to be mad, be made that Lake didn't manage a tighter ship and keep the kids clean. That turned out to matter.
    Best post in a long time. Thank you.
    Despite having ancestors who came over on the Mayflower, I cannot compete with a swarthy Caribbean immigrant like @creepycoug when it comes to command of the English language. FYFMFE.
  • no_uhno_uh Member Posts: 761
    At the end of the day, Jen should be fired just for hiring hop. All the football crap is just add ons.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,334 Founders Club
    HFNY said:

and we've got the limited edition t-shirts to prove it!!!11!!