Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Jordan Banks, 2020 4* Buck/LB, Harbor City (Narbonne), CA (NOT committed to Bama)

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,831
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

This guy has a cheat code...

IDKFA
  • Options
    BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Narbonne’s on TV next Saturday night at 8 PM on ESPNU

nice, we get to see our heat seeking missile in acton
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    This kid under Kawasaki coaching will be fucking unfair
  • Options
    UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,108
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Interesting that they want him playing inside. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that we have a highly touted pass rusher in the bag

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This was the best info Sonics gave. Banks is a must get.

Hes #1 for me right now. If Smalls was known to be leaning or way then he'd be the guy. Banks favoring UW, being an elite guy at a position UW struggles with a bit, plus the bonus of him possibly influencing Smalls, elevates his importance.

"I talked to 'coach Pete' (Chris Petersen) over the weekend," Banks told Dawgman.com. "It's always good catching up with him. We don't talk about football much although he does ask how things are going and if I'm ready for the start of my season, but we mostly just talk about how life is going, how my family is, stuff like that. It's really comfortable talking to him even though he's a head coach. Actually, all of the head coaches I talk to a pretty easy to talk to."

"I had a great time up there (in the spring) when I visited and it really felt comfortable for me," Banks said. "The campus is amazing and they are really focused on you as a person, not just as a player. That's a special thing that they do for their players. They get your ready for life after football too, but they also focus a lot on getting better every day as a player."

"I'm visiting (Seattle) when they play USC (September 27th) and I'm really looking forward to that one," Banks said. "I'm working on setting up the other visits right now. I've been talking with Alabama about coming down for their game against LSU (November 9th) and then the others I just have to figure out my schedule and see when I can fit visits in."

"I am looking at academics and football, but I am also looking for a place that feels like home and staff that will help me get ready for life after football," Banks said. "Basically, I want a program that will help me become the best 'me' I can be and that includes everything."

As a junior last season, Banks helped lead Narbonne to a 10-4 record by posting 61 tackles, 20 tackles-for-loss and 13 sacks.

"I will play wherever I am needed," Banks said. "Wherever I choose, I know the coaches will put me in a position to succeed and to help the team. That's all I want to do.”

"I wanted to get quicker and get faster," Banks noted. "I have good speed, but I wanted to get as fast as possible so I could track things down all over the field. I work on speed drills and angles, stuff like that, helping my feet to get quicker, ladder drills, all that stuff is helpful in getting you faster.”

"I can't believe it's my senior season. It seems like just yesterday I was a freshman and didn't know what was going on and now I am getting ready to finish up my (high school) career and then choose a school.”

"I've been blessed to have all of these opportunities available to me, but I haven't finished things up yet, so that's what I am more focused on right now."

It's impossible to overstate how much I love this kid and how important i feel he is to this class. He's even with Smalls for me, though part if that comes from the feeling that his recruitment may affect Smalls.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Interesting that they want him playing inside. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that we have a highly touted pass rusher in the bag

Bama told him he is an inside guy, so he thinks his best spot is the inside and like be an NFL player on the inside. So our coaches are playing along with it. He quick like a cat, got to give him a shot on the edge first
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Ballz said:

Banks is the final key that unlocks the Smalls treasure chest for UW. I think everyone knows what I mean when I say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phaJXp_zMYM
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,297
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Ballz said:

Banks is the final key that unlocks the Smalls treasure chest for UW. That's someone Smalls can click with and be close friends with during his time at UW. An Azeem + Keishawn kind of brotherhood except with Banks in the middle and Smalls on the edge.

Why is this? Have they even met each other? They're both high priority defensive recruits for the Huskies, but what else do they have in common?