Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Religion Pole

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Flying spaghetti monsterinan - God's not real you fucking idiot

My basic elevator speech hasn't changed much since HS...

Earth = 4.5 billion years old

Simple life emerges 600 million years ago

Dinosaurs for like 200 millions years

Early modern homo sapiens don't arrive until 200,000 years ago

Then 2,000 years ago in the most bass akwards part of the world (not Rome or China mind you) amongst a bunch of bronze age goat herders, the most important even in the history of the planet occurs, followed by a Roman Emperor needing a new state religion three centuries later.

I need more evidence guys and can't take on faith. But that's just me, and believing that we're simply worm dirt when we die ain't for everyone.

Mrs. Snow is a confirmed papist, but more of a deist these days. I told her she can take on a new boyfriend in heaven if I don't get in.

ATBSJBS, I'm thankful for the Protestant Reformation and the good that it did in creating the modern world.

Some say it takes more faith not to believe than to believe.
    Well, yeah, if I’m wrong, the consequences are dire. Eternal damnation sounds like a real bummer.
    Swaye's Wigwam

You left of those who claim to be atheist but have the government as their lord and savior and are more fanatical about it than any religion or cult.

That said, I find militant atheists way more annoying than evangelicals

What does this thread have to do with politics? You either believe in God or you don’t.
    People tend to believe in something or anything

Down with people.
  • Fishpo31Fishpo31 Member Posts: 2,235
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Deist - some God of some sort is out there, somewhere

You left of those who claim to be atheist but have the government as their lord and savior and are more fanatical about it than any religion or cult.

What does this thread have to do with politics? You either believe in God or you don’t.

“Everybody needs to believe in something. I believe that I’ll have another beer”. -W.C. Fields
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Then 2,000 years ago in the most bass akwards part of the world (not Rome or China mind you) amongst a bunch of bronze age goat herders, the most important even in the history of the planet occurs, followed by a Roman Emperor needing a new state religion three centuries later.

I need more evidence guys and can't take on faith. But that's just me, and believing that we're simply worm dirt when we die ain't for everyone.

Mrs. Snow is a confirmed papist, but more of a deist these days. I told her she can take on a new boyfriend in heaven if I don't get in.

ATBSJBS, I'm thankful for the Protestant Reformation and the good that it did in creating the modern world.

Well, yeah, if I’m wrong, the consequences are dire. Eternal damnation sounds like a real bummer.
    The point is, you have faith.
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don’t stress about it much. The burden of proof is not on me after all. I don’t make any metaphysical claims.
  • MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2022

I don’t stress about it much. The burden of proof is not on me after all. I don’t make any metaphysical claims.
    I didn’t assert you stressed. Just stated a fact. Yet some would suggest “life emerges” is a metaphysical claim.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    Sermon Sikher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wC10VWDTzmU
  • alumni94alumni94 Member Posts: 4,849
    Sermon Seeker - TRUE believer in REAL God (protestant division)
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K01EAM2TtD4
    Swaye's Wigwam

Write in: You fucks should all worship me.

I do worship you @SpiritHorse .
    Swaye's Wigwam

I didn’t assert you stressed. Just stated a fact. Yet some would suggest “life emerges” is a metaphysical claim.
    Some are wrong. There's no metaphysical claim with "life emerges", rather, we're? just saying we don't know yet (and may never know). But not knowing the answer doesn't equate to evidence of magic or that the laws of physics were suspended this one time.

At the end of the day, I stand by Saint Chris Hitchens point, which is to say that which can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    The goat herders understood that what is seen is made from what is unseen

We can see back to the big bang which is cool. We can't see what banged

• pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Swaye's Wigwam

The goat herders understood that what is seen is made from what is unseen

We can see back to the big bang which is cool. We can't see what banged

The goat herders responded logically to what they could see, which wasn't much.

They did have a decent understanding of human nature and laid down some good rules. I try to follow about 60% of them.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Deist - some God of some sort is out there, somewhere

• whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I gotta meet this unseen being that has been designing 200 billion galaxies for the past 10+ billion years.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,724
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I gotta meet this unseen being that has been designing 200 billion galaxies for the past 10+ billion years.

A guy has to do something to pass the eternal time

Was there ever a beginning? Is there an end? Our shit will blow up eventually but there are lots of replacements

A noted atheist said he thinks aliens may have seeded earth

Not out of the question. Ancient Aliens is a guilty pleasure

But I'm not here to tell anyone what to believe

I love science and Jesus