Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC/UCLA sell Pac 12 couch

Comments

• Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dtd said:

College football is for fags.

DM'd you.
    lol how long was this saved as a draft and I didn't notice? drunk poasting rules!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    dtd said:

DM'd you.

Swaye said:

I like that a bunch of Ducks just learned how unimportant they really are. Fox came calling and the only one that moved the needle was USC, and of course UCLA got the little brother pity invite. UW and Duck not part of the equation. I was under no illusions that UW sucks so no surprise there, but I love all the Ducks learning that they are worthless just like us.

We will end up landing somewhere with Duck because of TV, but what is happening with Beav and CUOG is the most hysterical thing in all of this.

They had their little run with Chimp and his recruits. Now they're nothing nationally. Kids around here wore whOregon gear for a while but nobody does now. A few kids in Texas probably think all Uncle Fill's gadgets are cool, but there are 15 other closer schools, plus Big 10-14 schools that are interested too.
    They won Rose Bowels with 2 coaches since Chimp. The last one was what, 2 years ago? lol
    Also went 4-8, 7-5, lost to Iowa State, went through 40 coaches

Regionally they can still recruit California.

They tried to be a national brand and failed.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2022

dtd said:

DM'd you.

Swaye said:

I like that a bunch of Ducks just learned how unimportant they really are. Fox came calling and the only one that moved the needle was USC, and of course UCLA got the little brother pity invite. UW and Duck not part of the equation. I was under no illusions that UW sucks so no surprise there, but I love all the Ducks learning that they are worthless just like us.

We will end up landing somewhere with Duck because of TV, but what is happening with Beav and CUOG is the most hysterical thing in all of this.

They had their little run with Chimp and his recruits. Now they're nothing nationally. Kids around here wore whOregon gear for a while but nobody does now. A few kids in Texas probably think all Uncle Fill's gadgets are cool, but there are 15 other closer schools, plus Big 10-14 schools that are interested too.

They tried to be a national brand and failed.

ColoUr me jealous
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    As expected. Guess we'll stay the Pac-10 and have a game in Vegas for a spot in the playoffs each year.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    But all the Quooks told me that they have a national brand and the presence of Uncle Phil guaranteed that they would be in the B1G.
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,279
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Swaye said:

Dude, you've fallen fast.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

As expected. Guess we'll stay the Pac-10 and have a game in Vegas for a spot in the playoffs each year.
    Winner is a hack.He is always trying to push a narrative of his choice. Big 10 is the most likely outcome.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam
    And the only really acceptable outcome.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,079
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Wilner is the west coasts version of Finebaum. You love and hate him, but ultimately he's the #1 source for information. What other sources do we? have that are reliable and cover the entire conference that have his coverage? Not many.
  • Options
    LawDawg1LawDawg1 Member Posts: 3,756
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Wilner is the west coasts version of Finebaum. You love and hate him, but ultimately he's the #1 source for information. What other sources do we? have that are reliable and cover the entire conference that have his coverage? Not many.

Adam Jude was solid
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    If you look at that map having the LA schools in the Big10 without more west coast teams coming isn’t sustainable….it’s just a matter of who, and how much they can play hardball and negotiate down the money for whoever they bring.

If the rest of the Pac had any balls they would cancel every game in every sport against the LA schools and force those teams into crazy travel schedules to play anybody…won’t change much but would be a huge FU to them for screwing the rest of the Pac over and would really screw with their athletic departments. But pretty much everyone in any position of power on the West Coast are p*ssies and it would never happen.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2022

If you look at that map having the LA schools in the Big10 without more west coast teams coming isn’t sustainable….it’s just a matter of who, and how much they can play hardball and negotiate down the money for whoever they bring.

If the rest of the Pac had any balls they would cancel every game in every sport against the LA schools and force those teams into crazy travel schedules to play anybody…won’t change much but would be a huge FU to them for screwing the rest of the Pac over and would really screw with their athletic departments. But pretty much everyone in any position of power on the West Coast are p*ssies and it would never happen.

No doubt that half of the conference AD’s will be having farewell ceremonies when SC visits this year and next.

As per usual, no one will care about UCLA.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,520
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

How can anybody look at this and keep going on about how it's all about media markets? The most valuable college football property is obviously the SEC, the map in the above link would have you believe that their media market footprint is absolute garbage. It is clear that marketing and "being good at football" are also a huge part of the value proposition a school brings.
    Colin Cowturd was talking about how most of the PAC schools are located in cities that have other pro sorts teams they have to compete with for customers. True for at least half of them.