Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

USC/UCLA sell Pac 12 couch

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Swaye said:

I like that a bunch of Ducks just learned how unimportant they really are. Fox came calling and the only one that moved the needle was USC, and of course UCLA got the little brother pity invite. UW and Duck not part of the equation. I was under no illusions that UW sucks so no surprise there, but I love all the Ducks learning that they are worthless just like us.

We will end up landing somewhere with Duck because of TV, but what is happening with Beav and CUOG is the most hysterical thing in all of this.

The Coug vs Boise State rivalry will be epic for years to come.
    Their last two matchups have been epic.
  • Options

Bob_C said:

It’s over. If I had any enthusiasm, for college football and/or uw, it’s gone. No warning. Just gone.

The game I fell in love with and everything that made it unique and special has been obliterated.

It’s turning into NFL Lite.
    Just kill it and have minor leagues. The players will be able to negotiate salary and endorsement deals and finally get paid what they are worth vs being under the thumb of the man.
    We need the Saudis to help us sort this out.
    6 game season with each game being 3 quarters long

Can you have 3 quarters? Wouldn't that be 3 thirds? What's the deal with that?

We can all talk about losing the Pac 12 that we love. But let's be honest...

Is the Pac 12 of last year the Pac 12 we love? How about 5 years ago? 10?

Even during Chips run at Oregon in early 2010's, you had Oregon and Stanford, and that's it. During Pete's run, you had Washington and a decent USC. In USC's 2000's run, you had USC and everybody else.

The golden age of Pac 12 football in my eyes was from around 89'-03'

USC was good, Washington was dominant for stretches, Oregon finally awoken, Arizona had the desert storm defense, WSU had some fun teams, as did ASU with Jake Plummer, and UCLA had a couple Rose Bowl births.

89' to 03' is the Pac 12 I love and miss, and I think we need to realize that that Pac 12 was gone forever. The current Pac 12 even with the LA schools was never going to be a power again.

Sometimes life changes. Andy Bernard had the best line at the office finale “I wish there was a way to know you're in the good old days before you've actually left them.” That's how I feel now. We have a new reality. Oregon and Washington will join the Big 10, that's all but a given.

Be thankful that we still have a chance to create a new good old days. Oregon State, Washington St, Arizona, and ASU may never have them again. That's the real tragedy.

Disagree
    The Pac 12 has been around for 11 years. It’s never been the “pac 12 I loved”

In my life, college football was golden and set apart from all other sports from my first game in 1969 to the latest 90s. A good 30-35 year run for me. I remember the pac 8 as well. Arizona state before it came to the pac 10 was a fun program. They had some great and interesting coaches. Frank Kush. Bruce Snyder…

I would extend my time line to 2003 or so if pressed. Overall we have had 20 years of decline to the point I’m no longer very interested and I know many many diehards who feel the same. Has anyone talked to @WhiskeyDawg lately. He was a a huskies Husky. He tapped out way before I did.

I remember ASU coming to Joe Albi as a Coug non con game before the PAC 10 started. They were actually supposed to be good. But Jack Thompson lit em for almost a fitty burger. Walked there and walked home. That was peak college football for me, looking back now.
  • Options

LawDawg1 said:

UW and Oregon need to go actively and loudly speak with the SEC. Make the BIG consider they could lose Seattle and Portland TV markets and the west coast pod. Force the offer.

Or... more likely... get shunned by the SEC and lose any credibility whatsoever and maintain being the laughing stock of the country.

My guess is Oregon will do whatever it takes while UW will try to do it "the right way" and be stuck. Exactly as (not) planned.

Not trying to quook it up but Oregon will do all the work and if we go you go. So rest your head.
    Oregon and UW will be in the 2 big Super conferences when the smoke clears. There will still probably be a PAC ???, ACC and B12. But they will be secondary conferences.
  • Options

One thing partially good that comes out of this: the whole "USC respects us" shit should be officially out of the window from here on out. They picked their soft powder blue cross-town rival and said "come along." There's no way the egg heads at UCLA thought this up on their own.

And off they'll go with no care in the world about the teams ... and history ... they leave behind.

That was all in your head anyway

USC was and is west coast football

The first part of your equation is correct. The second part has much LIPO. This doesn’t help SC’s recruiting in anyway. In fact it hurts. Especially come 2026 or so, when the Charmins are on Twitter bitching about 4 plus hour flights into snow storms come late October and later.

• Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    LawDawg1 said:

UW and Oregon need to go actively and loudly speak with the SEC. Make the BIG consider they could lose Seattle and Portland TV markets and the west coast pod. Force the offer.

Or... more likely... get shunned by the SEC and lose any credibility whatsoever and maintain being the laughing stock of the country.

My guess is Oregon will do whatever it takes while UW will try to do it "the right way" and be stuck. Exactly as (not) planned.

Realistic ending is that ND finally relents and goes leaving one spot open and Oregon pulls out all the stops while Karen and Jen think about cookies and we get left behind. The final kick in the nuts from the meth head retards in Eugene. We deserve it quite honestly.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,066
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Mad_Son said:

Has anyone thought about the implications of leaving Cuog?

No more Apple Cup?

I'm all for scheduling non-conference patsies.
    creep walked right into that one

• Options
    Founders Club

Apparently I picked the right tim to grad transfer.

All glory to God. Faith, family ,football.

#fightthefuckon

Rep the Pac-12!!1!!
  • Options
    Founders Club
    OldEdgy said:

OldEdgy said:

no_uh said:

I'm fairly confident that the worst possible outcome for football on the west coast will happen

I'm fairly confident that the worst possible outcome for UW football will happen (ND and UO to B10).
    B1G guy here... I'm fairly confident ND is NOT coming to the B1G... The hate and the schism goes back 108 years....
    New guy has a point, can’t remember but was it beef with osu?

Irregardless, LEAVE!
    It goes back to many in the B1G being against catholics when THEY asked to join approx. 108 years ago... Then about 50 years ago the B1G asked ND to join and they got revenge by turning us down rather loudly and publicly... Lots of broken hearts, ill-will, animosity and some 'mixed' emotions going on with the B1G and ND... They wear their 'independence' like a badge of honor, and I suspect it's not changing anytime soon.
    That's kind of too bad because from a distance they seem like a mutually good fit
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    The only feasible salvation is a Big 12/Pac 10 merger.

Has anyone thought about the implications of leaving Cuog?

No more Apple Cup?

We’ll always have Montana.

Too soon?
  • Options
    gmogmo Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,644
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

OldEdgy said:

OldEdgy said:

no_uh said:

I'm fairly confident that the worst possible outcome for football on the west coast will happen

I'm fairly confident that the worst possible outcome for UW football will happen (ND and UO to B10).
    B1G guy here... I'm fairly confident ND is NOT coming to the B1G... The hate and the schism goes back 108 years....
    New guy has a point, can’t remember but was it beef with osu?

Irregardless, LEAVE!
    It goes back to many in the B1G being against catholics when THEY asked to join approx. 108 years ago... Then about 50 years ago the B1G asked ND to join and they got revenge by turning us down rather loudly and publicly... Lots of broken hearts, ill-will, animosity and some 'mixed' emotions going on with the B1G and ND... They wear their 'independence' like a badge of honor, and I suspect it's not changing anytime soon.
    That's kind of too bad because from a distance they seem like a mutually good fit
    Historical amounts of money will help them forget about those historical insults.
    History and the Catholic Church actually working out in the positive?! There's a first.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Fuck this conference.
    Is there any actual chance that UW, Oregon, USC look for other opportunities or is that just bullshit I read here?

There is no chance
    Wow impressive find hahaha

He went and found that from 1.5 yrs ago
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm pretty devastated by all of this. I'm going to miss the old timey feel of college football but I guess I will have to hope and look forward to UW at least being in meaningful high level football
  • Options
    MotrboatnsobMotrboatnsob Member Posts: 424
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

This guy has apparently been pretty on top of all of this going on. At the end of these he says pay attention to the teams from the pac 12 that haven’t released a statement. Basically the silent teams are working the hardest to leave.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Apparently I picked the right tim to grad transfer.

All glory to God. Faith, family ,football.

#fightthefuckon

I would not even mention UW in your resume. Folks will judge you for it. Hahah
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LawDawg1 said:

Canadawg said:

I'm pretty devastated by all of this. I'm going to miss the old timey feel of college football but I guess I will have to hope and look forward to UW at least being in meaningful high level football

I have some very strong opinions on what you said here … some of it I’m not 100% sure I want to completely elaborate on I need to think about if I want to publicly put out some of the info I’ve heard the last few days and connecting the dots on what I think happened
    Liked and subscribed!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,854
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

I like that a bunch of Ducks just learned how unimportant they really are. Fox came calling and the only one that moved the needle was USC, and of course UCLA got the little brother pity invite. UW and Duck not part of the equation. I was under no illusions that UW sucks so no surprise there, but I love all the Ducks learning that they are worthless just like us.

We will end up landing somewhere with Duck because of TV, but what is happening with Beav and CUOG is the most hysterical thing in all of this.

They had their little run with Chimp and his recruits. Now they're nothing nationally. Kids around here wore whOregon gear for a while but nobody does now. A few kids in Texas probably think all Uncle Fill's gadgets are cool, but there are 15 other closer schools, plus Big 10-14 schools that are interested too.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,743
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

They had their little run with Chimp and his recruits. Now they're nothing nationally. Kids around here wore whOregon gear for a while but nobody does now. A few kids in Texas probably think all Uncle Fill's gadgets are cool, but there are 15 other closer schools, plus Big 10-14 schools that are interested too.
    Kelly didn’t recruit. HTH.