Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keinholz

Comments

• Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,572
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

tOSU's 5* 2024 QB just decommitted.

That would be hilarious if Day fucking around with Keinholz led to this.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35271738/qb-dylan-raiola-no-1-recruit-24-decommits-ohio-state

Not just 5-star, #1 Overall. Keinholz is going to start.
    So both the QB's that were rated a 98 and top 100 players out of HS on their roster are shitty? I know UW has had plenty of 4* busts but these two are a level above any QB UW has recruited in the last 15 years outside of Sam Huard.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,475
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/35271738/qb-dylan-raiola-no-1-recruit-24-decommits-ohio-state

So both the QB's that were rated a 98 and top 100 players out of HS on their roster are shitty? I know UW has had plenty of 4* busts but these two are a level above any QB UW has recruited in the last 15 years outside of Sam Huard.
    I'm saying the Kienholz commitment just scared off the number 1 recruit.

He's going to start. He's really fucking good.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    theLSkid said:

tOSU is actually having major NIL issues right now, Zach Smith has been talking about it a ton on his podcast and the AD actually had a press conference about it..

Anyways - one of their first round draft pick WRs made only 7k last year - CJ is supposedly only going to make 350k, not the overinflated numbers you see.
    Their entire collective is just under 4 million dollars - it’s tiny; if they gave him 700k, they used be using about a quarter of their budget on a kid who will never step foot on the field while they can’t get a 5 star defensive player….
    Fat chance Vorel.
    sounds like ohio is full of poors who knew?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

There is zero percent chance that is what happened. The QB Coach was recruiting while the HC and OC both were recruiting Raiola. Traveling to games, in homes, the whole bit. It was massively clear who tOSU prioritized and it wasn’t Kienholz.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I stopped giving a shit about Keinholz.

Same. Wants to go play for a soft coach. Played for a team called 'The Governors' in hs fuck that kid.
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    theLSkid said:

tOSU is actually having major NIL issues right now, Zach Smith has been talking about it a ton on his podcast and the AD actually had a press conference about it..

Anyways - one of their first round draft pick WRs made only 7k last year - CJ is supposedly only going to make 350k, not the overinflated numbers you see.
    Their entire collective is just under 4 million dollars - it’s tiny; if they gave him 700k, they used be using about a quarter of their budget on a kid who will never step foot on the field while they can’t get a 5 star defensive player….
    Fat chance Vorel.
    They couldn’t afford D. Moore which is why he’s headed to UCLA. The idea that you’re going to drop $2M on a HS kid before his first pass is insane.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    It'sreally weird how everyone just casually talks about how much NIL money recruits will costs you against your budget.
  • Options
    DawgtillDeathDawgtillDeath Member Posts: 153
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Doogles said:

Doogles said:

Their roster is loaded. Keinholz might be good but so are all the rest of the 5-star qb's already in the system.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Doogles said:

I would guess it’s more likely that they get someone from the portal.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club
    edited December 2022
    46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

It'sreally weird how everyone just casually talks about how much NIL money recruits will costs you against your budget.

Imagine being a HC right now. Even if a kid signs he can be gone in a year.
    I was listening to an interview with Michael Saylor. He was talking about the difference between living in a realm where there's no consequence to actions (proof of stake. If you're playing a video game and your character dies, you haven't paid any sort of real life price. Its ghosts and shadows), and a realm where there are irreversible consequences (proof of work. In a sense, if you fall 200 feet you will die. real world consequences).

So in this sense, if you sign a letter of intent, our society has become so cheap that we all casually accept that its tolerable and even normal to leave 10 months later. I think if you sign a letter of intent you should be bound for at least two years, maybe three. If you choose to leave there should be a price to pay. Or else, if you sign a letter of intent, there should be a contractual agreement, and if you leave after one year then maybe you forfeit some of the NIL to your first school. (10% to the Big Guy. That one's for you @PurpleThrobber). But my point is some sort of consequence.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

I was listening to an interview with Michael Saylor. He was talking about the difference between living in a realm where there's no consequence to actions (proof of stake. If you're playing a video game and your character dies, you haven't paid any sort of real life price. Its ghosts and shadows), and a realm where there are irreversible consequences (proof of work. In a sense, if you fall 200 feet you will die. real world consequences).

So in this sense, if you sign a letter of intent, our society has become so cheap that we all casually accept that its tolerable and even normal to leave 10 months later. I think if you sign a letter of intent you should be bound for at least two years, maybe three. If you choose to leave there should be a price to pay. Or else, if you sign a letter of intent, there should be a contractual agreement, and if you leave after one year then maybe you forfeit some of the NIL to your first school. (10% to the Big Guy. That one's for you @PurpleThrobber). But my point is some sort of consequence.
    You should be able to transfer like a normal student could. So no I disagree, don’t make kids miserable.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,065
    Founders Club

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

You should be able to transfer like a normal student could. So no I disagree, don’t make kids miserable.
    A normal student would have had to pay some or all tuition, so there was value exchanged. Your analogy doesn't work here.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

A normal student would have had to pay some or all tuition, so there was value exchanged. Your analogy doesn't work here.
    To make the sport more entertaining for fans your suggestion makes sense. In reality though, these kids should be able to do whatever they want. Just like a coach. The problem is college is the minor leagues and nobody wants to fill that void.

The other side that nobody talks about is that coaches should be way more cutthroat than they currently are. Revoking scholarships for shitty players and replacing them faster.