Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keinholz

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    OreDawg said:

Fuck this kid. Gonna be fun when his career doesn’t amount to shit

I think he’s really fucking good. He will start at Ohio State. That’s my prediction.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    TTJ said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

It'sreally weird how everyone just casually talks about how much NIL money recruits will costs you against your budget.

Imagine being a HC right now. Even if a kid signs he can be gone in a year.
    I was listening to an interview with Michael Saylor. He was talking about the difference between living in a realm where there's no consequence to actions (proof of stake. If you're playing a video game and your character dies, you haven't paid any sort of real life price. Its ghosts and shadows), and a realm where there are irreversible consequences (proof of work. In a sense, if you fall 200 feet you will die. real world consequences).

So in this sense, if you sign a letter of intent, our society has become so cheap that we all casually accept that its tolerable and even normal to leave 10 months later. I think if you sign a letter of intent you should be bound for at least two years, maybe three. If you choose to leave there should be a price to pay. Or else, if you sign a letter of intent, there should be a contractual agreement, and if you leave after one year then maybe you forfeit some of the NIL to your first school. (10% to the Big Guy. That one's for you @PurpleThrobber). But my point is some sort of consequence.
    You should be able to transfer like a normal student could. So no I disagree, don’t make kids miserable.
    A normal student would have had to pay some or all tuition, so there was value exchanged. Your analogy doesn't work here.
    Awful take. These kids go out and risk catastrophic injury to entertain adults. There is definitely value exchanged.
    Jesus, for 95% of all players college is the highest they will ever go, and they risk nothing to partake in the only league that will subsidize the huge cost of supporting them as players. They are lucky that the opportunity exists.
  • Options
    KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

OreDawg said:

I think he’s really fucking good. He will start at Ohio State. That’s my prediction.
    Before or after Day is canned?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    theLSkid said:

theLSkid said:

Not to mention that Day’s offense is literally a cancer to QB Development. I’m sorry.

Justin Fields, JT, Cardale, NONE OF THEM CAN READ A FUCKING DEFENSE.

CJ = reads half of the field, looks for checkdown, refuses to run for the first. Trash.
    Fields = one read, run. Shittier Lamar Jackson
    JT = a wide receiver
    Braxton = a wide receiver
    Cardale = drunk uncle on thanksgiving throwing bombs, now plays for some indoor league or some shit.

I’ve never seen an Ohio state QB sit in the pocket and dissect a defense like Penix did this season.

It's air raid combined some spread run concepts with 5 stars.
    Basically, I’d argue it’s even more dumbed down than a traditional air raid, lots of half field reads - zone side and man side, not like the Pirates offense where anyone could throw for 350yards a game if they could recognize the difference between cover 2 and 4

tOSU’s run game is absolutely horrendous for a team with multiple 1-3 round picks on the OL, it’s truly a disgrace and Day knows it.

It's basically just let our 5 star WRs make people miss in space and insallah
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I chalk this up to a kid who’s never had a hard day in his life that needs to find an edge somewhere to create a chip on his shoulder.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,983
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It’s never about the money with the kids. They just want to focus on the best fit. Respect the decision.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

here's a thought. Maybe Deboer dropped him behind closed doors after Penix announced. Maybe he got sick and tired of the kid jerking him around being committed but going on visits to another school. Make your choice or quit wasting my time sort of thing, other holes to fill. Maybe the kid said I want MORE money or I'm going to tOSU. Who knows. The kid's comments seem like a real cheap shot at DeBoer, like he he's pissed at him. Maybe tOSU isn't giving him jackshit besides a scholarship. Who knows.

I don't think we'll see this punk swing back around like we have with Bernard. I think this staff is done with this kid. One thing is for sure, he's been a big fish in a small pond his entire football career. He's with the big boys now.

I doubt it, but you make a poont worth considering.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

OreDawg said:

I think he’s good too, but I kind of doubt he ever starts at OSU. My money is still on him hitting the portal in the next 12-24 months. And while I can’t stand this little shit and hope his career is violently ended by a 6’5” army ranger, DeBoer is an adult who won’t burn this bridge. 10 percent chance he’s starting for OSU in ‘24 against us, 5 percent chance he’s starting for us in that game. 85 percent chance he’s holding a clipboard or on some other roster.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

OreDawg said:

Before or after Day is canned?
    He might start next year. He’s legit. I could be wrong but I was really excited about him before now. Now he can eat a dick.
    Pretty sure McCord will start next year
  • Options
    RTDRTD Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 784
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    Would have been great to have gotten him but with the portal HS QB’s not as important. As they once were.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2022
    RTD said:

Would have been great to have gotten him but with the portal HS QB’s not as important. As they once were.

In a perfect world you'd always have a veteran clipboard holder like Morris and a high ceiling freshman like Kienholz as backups for your Penix. I think two high end underclass guys is too much to ask for at UW right now. Maybe in a year or two.