Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Keinholz

Comments

• Options
    Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,093
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

It'sreally weird how everyone just casually talks about how much NIL money recruits will costs you against your budget.

Imagine being a HC right now. Even if a kid signs he can be gone in a year.
    I was listening to an interview with Michael Saylor. He was talking about the difference between living in a realm where there's no consequence to actions (proof of stake. If you're playing a video game and your character dies, you haven't paid any sort of real life price. Its ghosts and shadows), and a realm where there are irreversible consequences (proof of work. In a sense, if you fall 200 feet you will die. real world consequences).

So in this sense, if you sign a letter of intent, our society has become so cheap that we all casually accept that its tolerable and even normal to leave 10 months later. I think if you sign a letter of intent you should be bound for at least two years, maybe three. If you choose to leave there should be a price to pay. Or else, if you sign a letter of intent, there should be a contractual agreement, and if you leave after one year then maybe you forfeit some of the NIL to your first school. (10% to the Big Guy. That one's for you @PurpleThrobber). But my point is some sort of consequence.
    You should be able to transfer like a normal student could. So no I disagree, don’t make kids miserable.
    A normal student would have had to pay some or all tuition, so there was value exchanged. Your analogy doesn't work here.
    A player is paid one year tuition for one year of doing what the coaches say and being on retainer to play/playing.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    @MikeDamone always said Lincoln was a POS.

• Options
    WoolleyDoogWoolleyDoog Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,539
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

It'sreally weird how everyone just casually talks about how much NIL money recruits will costs you against your budget.

I was listening to an interview with Michael Saylor. He was talking about the difference between living in a realm where there's no consequence to actions (proof of stake. If you're playing a video game and your character dies, you haven't paid any sort of real life price. Its ghosts and shadows), and a realm where there are irreversible consequences (proof of work. In a sense, if you fall 200 feet you will die. real world consequences).

So in this sense, if you sign a letter of intent, our society has become so cheap that we all casually accept that its tolerable and even normal to leave 10 months later. I think if you sign a letter of intent you should be bound for at least two years, maybe three. If you choose to leave there should be a price to pay. Or else, if you sign a letter of intent, there should be a contractual agreement, and if you leave after one year then maybe you forfeit some of the NIL to your first school. (10% to the Big Guy. That one's for you @PurpleThrobber). But my point is some sort of consequence.
    You should be able to transfer like a normal student could. So no I disagree, don’t make kids miserable.
    A normal student would have had to pay some or all tuition, so there was value exchanged. Your analogy doesn't work here.
    A player is paid one year tuition for one year of doing what the coaches say and being on retainer to play/playing.
    I'm getting old but when I was in college transferring from four year universities wasn't easy, especially if they have good academis.
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mad_Son said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

Except most conferences now guarantee four years. I would suggest that this should go away now. If the players want to transfer at will, they can GTFO if they suck, too. If they want to be professional football players, they can be professional football players and live year to year.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Mad_Son said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

Except most conferences now guarantee four years. I would suggest that this should go away now. If the players want to transfer at will, they can GTFO if they suck, too. If they want to be professional football players, they can be professional football players and live year to year.
    Kids get run all the tim, even more in the portal era. Any four year guarantee is in name only.
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444

Mad_Son said:

46XiJCAB said:

Swaye said:

I'm getting old but when I was in college transferring from four year universities wasn't easy, especially if they have good academis.
    Given that tuition is like $30k per year, universities don't care about grades as long as they're getting paid
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tosu is doing it the right way.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Why do you fucking doogmen take the 750k to 250k as fact, when the source was a Twitter no name and it got 0 traction besides this retarded forum

Christ