Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Mariners Baby!

1101112131416»

Comments

• CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Good season (fuck off @greenblood ) but if they don’t continue this momentum and make big offseason moves it’s basically a Diamond in the rough.

I think they will commit. They already locked Julio up for life, have an insane starting rotation, and a good offensive foundation.

Pay for 1 massive bat like Correa or Turner and they could make a legitimate run.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Good season (fuck off @greenblood ) but if they don’t continue this momentum and make big offseason moves it’s basically a Diamond in the rough.

I think they will commit. They already locked Julio up for life, have an insane starting rotation, and a good offensive foundation.

Pay for 1 massive bat like Correa or Turner and they could make a legitimate run.

I think they need two big bats, or at least one massive bat and a significant improvement over Adam Frazier.

There are a few guys who could reasonably be expected to improve next season too, including Julio. They need to pair him with another difference maker.

If they piss away their time with these starting pitchers I'll know the Ms were just never meant to win anything.

I'd be content with Moore, Winker, and Kelenic sticking around and playing most of the left field. I dont know who is out there but I'd try to go big replacing Hanniger. I'd be willing to move Ty France to make room for a bigger bat at first, even one sti in development, and I'd work hard to find a good second baseman.

Piece of cake.
  • FireTheJanitorFireTheJanitor Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,483
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment First Anniversary
    Founders Club
    chuck said:

I think they need two big bats, or at least one massive bat and a significant improvement over Adam Frazier.

There are a few guys who could reasonably be expected to improve next season too, including Julio. They need to pair him with another difference maker.

If they piss away their time with these starting pitchers I'll know the Ms were just never meant to win anything.

I'd be content with Moore, Winker, and Kelenic sticking around and playing most of the left field. I dont know who is out there but I'd try to go big replacing Hanniger. I'd be willing to move Ty France to make room for a bigger bat at first, even one sti in development, and I'd work hard to find a good second baseman.

Piece of cake.
    Agree. There is a window but only if we act boldly now that we’ve invested in cracking it. Can’t just look at it opened for the first time in 20 years and jack off about it, it’s time to be ruthlessly competitive for the first time in 50 years. There are like 4 sacred cows on the roster (Julio, Luis, Kirby, Gilbert) and then a few guys who you’re happy to have (Cal, a few of the bullpen guys, maybe make the argument for a Haggerty). Basically open to any move not involving most of the list above as long as it’s not built on some late career veteran bullshit. Like the path you lay out a lot.