Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Military Situation In The Ukraine

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

You can futility spin however you want...the country is divided. This was the voting map in 2014 when the war really started (i.e. the eastern Ukrainian got elected and the Western governments (and Western Ukraine) didn't like it, staged a revolt, and then both sides got angry and started fighting):

I'm using Russian propaganda but you quote the same news source to try and disprove my point (which is still correct as voting patterns and more recent language maps of Ukraine show). That makes sense. And if you look at reports of Ukrainian polls of internal media more radio, newspapers, and such are broadcast and published in Russian language within the country than Ukrainian. But still. Dying on this hill is a desperate attempt to rewrite reality and ignoring most of the background to the current conflict. And if your argument is now that Ukrainian language usage is changing, doesn't that mean you were lying your ass off before when you were trying to say all of the country is historically Ukrainian and not Russian? Circular logic rulz...

And keep telling us that Azov aren't REALLY neo Nazis...they just like lots of zig-zag logos and tattoos and like holding their right arms up and across their chests...and groups like c14 aren't REALLY neo Nazis...they just don't like those dark people and Jews and get govt funds (probably US govt $$$) to promote those views...and folks in the actual government like Andriy Parubiy didn't REALLY sponsor and promote those groups...it was just an accident they were hanging out with them and all the video and previous quotes of some horrible things are just coincidences and misconstrued by the media. And the fact Stepan Bandera, a Germany collaborator back in WW2 who was responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of "undesirable people" got a national holiday is an absolute disgrace by any standard. You keep ignoring and discounting these simple facts because you can't accept the logical fallacy that Russia=guilty does not mean Ukraine=innocent.

And keep saying anyone who disagrees with you must be a Russian stooge...I'll keep saying listening to a bitter ex-wife rail against her ex-husband about how bad a person he is and how innocent she was to the entire brutally messy divorce while popping anti-anxiety meds between breaths (although at times interesting) is not the best way to get a realistic, unbiased opinion on the situation which blew up because both sides made some really bad decisions...

And I notice you refuse to comment on Zelensky's confrontation on national TV when the Azov crowd called him a loser and told him if he tried to remove any of them (from fighting in Donbas) they would ignore him and recruit more. And how he caved to them soon after which helped start this war. Seems like a modern, functioning govt the West should be sending billions of $$$ and weapons to...absolute nuts.

My simple point is that it is a mess and the best thing for everyone would be to find a solution that works for both sides (i.e. lop off the eastern 1/3 of Ukraine that is primarily Russian and let them go to Russia and make some agreement that Ukraine won't join NATO because they weren't going to anyway) to stop the fighting. And if the US is not pushing for this than the US should not be involved in any of it...we are doing the average Ukrainian people significant harm by prolonging this war and turning it into our proxy war with Russia for some stupid reason, and in the process we are ignoring China and bankrupting Europe which is going to cause a lot more long-term problems for the world as a whole.

Do you have any areas of expertise or knowledge at a level commensurate to mine regarding this topic? If so, please let me know so I can spend 10 minutes researching it in order to give you the worst take you’ve ever heard.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club

You can futility spin however you want...the country is divided. This was the voting map in 2014 when the war really started (i.e. the eastern Ukrainian got elected and the Western governments (and Western Ukraine) didn't like it, staged a revolt, and then both sides got angry and started fighting):

I'm using Russian propaganda but you quote the same news source to try and disprove my point (which is still correct as voting patterns and more recent language maps of Ukraine show). That makes sense. And if you look at reports of Ukrainian polls of internal media more radio, newspapers, and such are broadcast and published in Russian language within the country than Ukrainian. But still. Dying on this hill is a desperate attempt to rewrite reality and ignoring most of the background to the current conflict. And if your argument is now that Ukrainian language usage is changing, doesn't that mean you were lying your ass off before when you were trying to say all of the country is historically Ukrainian and not Russian? Circular logic rulz...

And keep telling us that Azov aren't REALLY neo Nazis...they just like lots of zig-zag logos and tattoos and like holding their right arms up and across their chests...and groups like c14 aren't REALLY neo Nazis...they just don't like those dark people and Jews and get govt funds (probably US govt $$$) to promote those views...and folks in the actual government like Andriy Parubiy didn't REALLY sponsor and promote those groups...it was just an accident they were hanging out with them and all the video and previous quotes of some horrible things are just coincidences and misconstrued by the media. And the fact Stepan Bandera, a Germany collaborator back in WW2 who was responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of "undesirable people" got a national holiday is an absolute disgrace by any standard. You keep ignoring and discounting these simple facts because you can't accept the logical fallacy that Russia=guilty does not mean Ukraine=innocent.

And keep saying anyone who disagrees with you must be a Russian stooge...I'll keep saying listening to a bitter ex-wife rail against her ex-husband about how bad a person he is and how innocent she was to the entire brutally messy divorce while popping anti-anxiety meds between breaths (although at times interesting) is not the best way to get a realistic, unbiased opinion on the situation which blew up because both sides made some really bad decisions...

And I notice you refuse to comment on Zelensky's confrontation on national TV when the Azov crowd called him a loser and told him if he tried to remove any of them (from fighting in Donbas) they would ignore him and recruit more. And how he caved to them soon after which helped start this war. Seems like a modern, functioning govt the West should be sending billions of $$$ and weapons to...absolute nuts.

My simple point is that it is a mess and the best thing for everyone would be to find a solution that works for both sides (i.e. lop off the eastern 1/3 of Ukraine that is primarily Russian and let them go to Russia and make some agreement that Ukraine won't join NATO because they weren't going to anyway) to stop the fighting. And if the US is not pushing for this than the US should not be involved in any of it...we are doing the average Ukrainian people significant harm by prolonging this war and turning it into our proxy war with Russia for some stupid reason, and in the process we are ignoring China and bankrupting Europe which is going to cause a lot more long-term problems for the world as a whole.

Do you have any areas of expertise or knowledge at a level commensurate to mine regarding this topic? If so, please let me know so I can spend 10 minutes researching it in order to give you the worst take you’ve ever heard.
    We? were hoping for something more than the @brents logical fallacy.

TYFYS

• Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

How many wars have you ran? That’s what I thought.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes

Wow…stepped in it there if you had any understanding of the bored history around here…a very snotty, academic view of things and people as well which may be part of your problem.

Helpful hint…try attacking the logic next time instead of the messenger…screaming Russia propaganda like a shrill Karen about anything you disagree with (most of which there is video evidence of…like Azov telling the current Panama Paper Ukrainian President on live TV to pound sand for wanting peace and wanting to withdraw troops or the C14 guy in an interview literally saying ‘I’m not a Nazi…I just don’t like those dark people and Jews’) isn’t the most effective rebuttal…
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025

No one has ever explained to me why I'm supposed to give a fuck about Ukraine

Because the deep state folk launder their money there and their kids work in industries they know nothing about for big money. That's why!
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967
    edited May 2022
    So all of the wise guys need to pay their respects to the Don so they can have access to ATM Ukraine. That $40B isn’t gonna spend itself.

Wag the dog uniparty style.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2022
    Do the “Democratic values and freedoms” include banning any political party that disagrees with you and hauling off and murdering a few mayors and one of you own peace negotiators?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,025

Look at that little downvoting faggot go.

Pretty sure he goes down more than he down votes.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    Swaye's Wigwam
    https://newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/ukraine-kyrylo-budanov-putin-russia/2022/05/14/id/1069864/

Why send money when the Ukraine has already won?

A coup to remove Russian President Vladimir Putin is underway and it is "impossible to stop it," according to Ukrainian Major Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, the country's military intelligence chief.

The defeat of Russia in Ukraine, Budanov explained to Sky News in an exclusive interview, will not only lead to Putin being removed, but also to disintegration.

"It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation," Budanov said. "This process has already been launched, and they are moving into that way."

And when the interviewer pressed if that means a coup of Putin is underway, Budanov replied: "Yes. They are moving in this way, and it is impossible to stop it."

He also told the interviewer, Putin is in a "very bad psychological and physical condition, and he is very sick," as he reportedly has cancer and other illnesses.

Budanov rejected suggestions he is spreading propaganda with such claims about Putin.

"It's my job; it's my work," he told Sky News. "If not me, who will know this?"
  • Options
    46XiJCAB46XiJCAB Member Posts: 20,967

https://newsmax.com/world/globaltalk/ukraine-kyrylo-budanov-putin-russia/2022/05/14/id/1069864/

Why send money when the Ukraine has already won?

A coup to remove Russian President Vladimir Putin is underway and it is "impossible to stop it," according to Ukrainian Major Gen. Kyrylo Budanov, the country's military intelligence chief.

The defeat of Russia in Ukraine, Budanov explained to Sky News in an exclusive interview, will not only lead to Putin being removed, but also to disintegration.

"It will eventually lead to the change of leadership of the Russian Federation," Budanov said. "This process has already been launched, and they are moving into that way."

And when the interviewer pressed if that means a coup of Putin is underway, Budanov replied: "Yes. They are moving in this way, and it is impossible to stop it."

He also told the interviewer, Putin is in a "very bad psychological and physical condition, and he is very sick," as he reportedly has cancer and other illnesses.

Budanov rejected suggestions he is spreading propaganda with such claims about Putin.

"It's my job; it's my work," he told Sky News. "If not me, who will know this?"

Over 50 former intelligence officials call the Hunter Biden laptop a classic Russian disinfo campaign.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,845
    Founders Club
    This probably deserves Owen .... but it's integral to this conversation

The best interview I've heard on UKR to date. It should be on everyone's list. It's that important.

Dr. Peter Pry is the world's leading expert on WMDs and EMPs. Spent a major part of his career at the CIA analyzing - wait for it - Russian & Soviet nuclear strategy, operational plans and doctrine.

Couple main thoughts:
    - He echoes the other independent analysts that this is a conflict that never should have happened and we provoked it;
    - He said we need to put an end to the asafp. We are so close to Armageddon that it's almost unfathomable. The way we keep escalating is suicide;
    - He is more concerned by what Putin HASN'T done. He thinks we have really only seen the tip of the spear - regardless what the media says;
    - He is the first person I've heard in any media to mention MY thought on the matter [pats self on back] that we need to be working together with Russia and Putin for WHEN China makes their move. He knows Putin recognizes this and is the main reason he hasn't yet escalated to bio, chemical, nuclear. Quote: the Russians are chess players;
    - if nuclear weapons start flying, we CAN'T beat RUS. Emphasis on can't, ie unable. RUS have better tactical technology (smaller, faster strike capabilities). ie Putin could wipe out the port of Long Beach before we knew what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvf1doGG_nc

@HoustonHusky
    @RatherBeBrewing
    @GrundleStiltzkin
    @DerekJohnson
    @UW_Doog_Bot
    @LoneStarDawg
    @RoadTrip
    @PurpleThrobber
    @WestlinnDuck
    @Bob_C