Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW practices according to a buddy

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member Posts: 37,781
    Meek said:

great thread - football talk. love it. by the way, how many more months is spring practice on for?

Love it
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    What good offense has Wilcox ever shut down while at UW? I'll be patiently waiting for that answer.....

The only difference between him and Holt was Wilcox did well against the dreckfest schools while Holt would lay eggs.

Both sucked ass against a good offense.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,520 Founders Club

What good offense has Wilcox ever shut down while at UW? I'll be patiently waiting for that answer.....

The only difference between him and Holt was Wilcox did well against the dreckfest schools while Holt would lay eggs.

Both sucked ass against a good offense.

Holt was an unmitigated disaster. I'll never forget how clueless the defenses looked against Oregon State in 2011.

Wilcox did a good job getting the defense out of the gutter. He was never particularly innovative though.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 7,042 Standard Supporter
    edited April 2014
    Wilcox did a good job. I don't know if anyone realized this but his head coach wasn't worth a shit. People give too much credit to the coordinators. In the end it's the head coach that matters. Coordinators usually do better or worse based on the capability of the head coach. Given the sample size and shit show of coordinators before him here. He did a pretty good job.
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Out of 6o something posts in your own thread , you replied roughly 20 times, with 4 back-to-back posts, or 1 out of every 3 posts. You pathetic cunt. Jeezuz, put the keyboard down, spend a little time with Stephan. Men need love too!
    Meek said:

great thread - football talk. love it. by the way, how many more months is spring practice on for?

And you left doogman when?
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    My agenda towards Wilcox is the same as Sark-Kim?

LOL dude.......I guess since you make 100 posts a day you blow shit out of your ass sometimes.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Wilcox isn't a bad DC ... but hitching his ride up to Sark and Kiffin isn't the smartest career move.

LOL dude.......I guess since you make 100 posts a day you blow shit out of your ass sometimes.

Still haven't answered my question on how many good offenses did Wilcox shut down while at UW?

Keep up the pro Wilcox agenda.
    Tequilla said:

Wilcox isn't a bad DC ... but hitching his ride up to Sark and Kiffin isn't the smartest career move.

Not saying he's bad. Just pointing out that he wasn't that great either.

I don't think Sark will ever win a division title. I think the O/U on him is 3.5 years at USC.
  • HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295

Still haven't answered my question on how many good offenses did Wilcox shut down while at UW?

Since when is a well reasoned opinion an agenda?

Wilcox took over a defense that was over 100 and finished 20 in his second year. This is using yards per play, the best stat. Need we mention that was with a makeshift DL that had 1 true tackle on its roster and had to use a backup TE as one of its starters?

I really don't get why very few can't admit Wilcox was a good DC. Sure, he didn't shut down any great teams but that is one negative factor amid mostly positive factors. Line up his resume with others and tell me who was a better DC in the pac-12? There aren't more than a few.

If he's a very good DC then he'll do very well at USC and have top 10 defenses. We'll see. I think with USC's talent, he will prove he's very good. You can disagree. Maybe the sanctions will have a big impact. But to say its an agenda? Just fuckin stupid pal. I guess you had to go there since you had no argument.

Since when is a well reasoned opinion an agenda?

Wilcox took over a defense that was over 100 and finished 20 in his second year. This is using yards per play, the best stat. Need we mention that was with a makeshift DL that had 1 true tackle on its roster and had to use a backup TE as one of its starters?

I really don't get why very few can't admit Wilcox was a good DC. Sure, he didn't shut down any great teams but that is one negative factor amid mostly positive factors. Line up his resume with others and tell me who was a better DC in the pac-12? There aren't more than a few.

If he's a very good DC then he'll do very well at USC and have top 10 defenses. We'll see. I think with USC's talent, he will prove he's very good. You can disagree. Maybe the sanctions will have a big impact. But to say its an agenda? Just fuckin stupid pal. I guess you had to go there since you had no argument.
    This isn't bout Wilcox. This is about you suggesting that Wilcox is so great he can carry Sark like Kelly/Tedford did for Bellotti. Wilcox isn't that great of a DC. He's a fine DC.

You still avoided my question of "How many good offenses did Wilcox shut down while at UW?" It was a pretty simple question that you conveniently are avoiding.
    Wilcox shut down Stanford twice, UCLA, Oregon St twice, Colorado twice, UTAH, WSU and Leach once, Arizona once, Cal twice, USC basically....

Wilcox shut down Stanford twice, UCLA, Oregon St twice, Colorado twice, UTAH, WSU and Leach once, Arizona once, Cal twice, USC basically....

Huh?

http://espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?gameId=333190026

Also I said good offenses thanks for making my point by bringing up dreckfest fucking teams.

Let the adults talk please, this is a good thread we don't need you killing it.
    Wilcox was a fine DC. Our best in 20 years +/- there buddy. Your head has been buried up your dad's asshole your whole life so who is to say when your questions start or end. Pull it it out, clean it off and then start questioning others around here more_cunt . You don't have much a clue about dawg football cock, so don't start questioning others .
    Final point on Wilcox.

I'll stop being funny once I stop hanging out with funny people. The reason I'm funny is because I surround myself with other funny people- Adam Carolla

I think the longer Wilcox is with Sark he'll start to regress a bit as a coach. He won't have the same drive if he was with a dedicated staff with a head coach like Petersen setting the tone. It will be really easy to be lazy when your whole staff is rolling out of bed at 10 a.m. hung over and you know you have top tier talent.

Wilcox doesn't strike me as a dude brah type of fuck like some of those coaches(Sark is the king, Tosh, Sirmon, Nansen, Ivan Lewis, sadly Tui). However, I can see after a while he stops working as hard thinking "why am I busting my ass when the other coaches aren't ?"

I think Wilcox is a solid DC but our defenses with him never attacked the offense. Didn't blitz much, didn't use creative schemes, didn't force turnovers or get pressure on the QB. Just waited until a dreckfest QB would give us the game(Stanford 2012, Oregon State 2012, end of Apple Cup 2013). I don't think he's great enough to carry Sark and I think he'll actually get worse as a coach if he is around Dude Brah's staff for another 4-5 years( I doubt it as Sark at most lasts four seasons at USC before being DOA).
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    edited April 2014

Chest agenda towards Wilcox is as bad as Kim towards Sark.

UW consistently out recruits the AZ schools yet he's 3-5 against them and 0-4 on the road.

This Wilcox myth continues to live on. His defense never did shit against a good offense. Same with Tennessee as they got worse under him than previous coach.

Gladstone makes a reasonable point wondering if there is some Ty/Sark effect going on with Holt/Wilcox. The defense still had flaws, but it was much better and got better from year 1 to year 2. You continue to make this post every few months, even though there is plenty of evidence that shows it isn't very accurate. Tennessee was getting worse. In 2008 under Chavis, they were the #3 defense in the SEC at 263.5 YPG. In 2009 under Kiffin, they were much worse at #8 and 308 ypg.

Wilcox came the year after, had to replace a bunch of new starters, including Eric Berry, the best defensive player in college football and a first round DT. The arrow was going down. They also had a fucking terrible head coach in Derek Dooley. Wilcox improved the defense over 40 yards and 2 points from 2010 to 2011. The year after Wilcox left, they bring in Sunseri from Alabama and promptly become the worst defense in the SEC, giving up 13 more points and 130 more yards per game than Wilcox's last season. This year, with Butch Jones, their defense was still playing at a substantially lower level than in either of Wilcox's two years.

For a dreckfest program with a shit head coach, Wilcox came out of Tennessee looking pretty good. Can't say he did a great job, but he didn't do bad either. The numbers after he left show that.

Chest agenda towards Wilcox is as bad as Kim towards Sark.

UW consistently out recruits the AZ schools yet he's 3-5 against them and 0-4 on the road.

This Wilcox myth continues to live on. His defense never did shit against a good offense. Same with Tennessee as they got worse under him than previous coach.

Gladstone makes a reasonable point wondering if there is some Ty/Sark effect going on with Holt/Wilcox. The defense still had flaws, but it was much better and got better from year 1 to year 2. You continue to make this post every few months, even though there is plenty of evidence that shows it isn't very accurate. Tennessee was getting worse. In 2008 under Chavis, they were the #3 defense in the SEC at 263.5 YPG. In 2009 under Kiffin, they were much worse at #8 and 308 ypg.

Wilcox came the year after, had to replace a bunch of new starters, including Eric Berry, the best defensive player in college football and a first round DT. The arrow was going down. They also had a fucking terrible head coach in Derek Dooley. Wilcox improved the defense over 40 yards and 2 points from 2010 to 2011. The year after Wilcox left, they bring in Sunseri from Alabama and promptly become the worst defense in the SEC, giving up 13 more points and 130 more yards per game than Wilcox's last season. This year, with Butch Jones, their defense was still playing at a lesser level than Wilcox's in 2011.

For a dreckfest program with a shit head coach, Wilcox came out of Tennessee looking pretty good. Can't say he did a great job, but he didn't do bad either. The numbers after he left show that.
    Wilcox improved UW from 5-4 to 5-4. Again can someone from the Husky Fan podcast answer a simple question like "What good offense did Wilcox shut down while at UW ?" you guys dance around this simple question.

Anyways your buddy said USC can win the South while stating Wilcox as the reason. I'd say it's obvious you guys have an agenda with Wilcox seeing Chest turned this thread into Wilcox.

Even after Petersen was hired he was raving about Wilcox and how this defense is making strides. In another thread talking about USC mentioned how USC will have a good defense. I've yet to hear one criticism by either of you two about Wilcox in fact. Even after ASU you both rushed to his defense. As well as the Oregon game and the UCLA game. You talk him up like he walks on water.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    I think Race made the best point regarding Wilcox. We could have had Kirby Smart, John Chavis, or Pat Narduzzi as DC and it wouldn't have made much, if any difference. Sark set the tone for the program, even if Wilcox was in charge of the D. Wilcox was the least of our problems and was a great hire.

We still struggled to control no huddle teams. That's a fair criticism, but all teams that don't have great DL's do because you can't call very many defenses against a no huddle team. You basically have to play in your base defense. That's why the best defenses Alabama, LSU, Stanford, Michigan State, etc all had great DL's. Our DL has improved the past two years, Kikaha's return and Danny Shelton being a big reason why.

I think Race made the best point regarding Wilcox. We could have had Kirby Smart, John Chavis, or Pat Narduzzi as DC and it wouldn't have made much, if any difference. Sark set the tone for the program, even if Wilcox was in charge of the D. Wilcox was the least of our problems and was a great hire.

Back to the original point that Chest made before you guys hijacked my thread into a Wilcox love fest which is USC will win the south. Guess what? That same shit coach that held back Wilcox according to you and Chest is still with him at USC. So why will things change now?

That has been my point in this thread. Despite bringing in top tier talent I don't see USC winning the division under Sark. Special Teams is too sloppy, not good in the RZ, defense doesn't create plays, too many dumb bonehead mistakes, sloppy program in general, shitty on the road, etc despite great talent won't amount to shit.