Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW practices according to a buddy

Comments

• HuskyJWHuskyJW Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,336 Swaye's Wigwam
    Jimmy Cornell was the original Suddenly Senior
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    OZONE said:

Oh hey! I found another one of your off season championship threads! What a bunch of doogs.

ummmmm..... nobody said winning 5 games will yield a championship.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member Posts: 13,300

OZONE said:

Oh hey! I found another one of your off season championship threads! What a bunch of doogs.

ummmmm..... nobody said winning 5 games will yield a championship.
    It could yield a NW championship BEER ME WHILE I WOOF!
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    If Sark had come out and said, "Hey... We may win only 5 games but I guarantee you a NWChampionship this year"... then delivered that... shut the media and the new media out and released press statements thru some faggy press spokesman or maybe a preppy spokes team of reporters giving us glimpses behind the curtain.... we would still have a new stadium, Peterman would still be coach and we would have been spared all the drama.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    haie said:

Our apple cup was a fucking dreckfest. I was at both that game and OSU this year. In Corvallis they set out to pillage. WSU was your typical lazy bullshit combined with play calling that was way too cute. Thank god Halladay was looking to throw some clutch picks.

Those last two games were such weird games emotions wise. The fire Sark momentum actually had some steam after that UCLA loss. If UW goes 7-5 and a losing record in conference in the "special season" I don't think he survives. I know of one booster who was telling me in late October they(Boosters) were getting tired of his bullshit(running around, being a drunk, the James memorial service) so I think had he lost either one he's gone.

With the Apple Cup trailing 10-3 at halftime and Sankey having 5 carries I was so upset. I hate losing to the Cougs because I gotta hear their annoying ass fan base for a fucking year straight. On the other hand I knew a win would equal an extension for Sark so I was super torn.

UW wins the game as we know and this bored became very dark. Like Chest alluded to we all thought we were stuck with Sark. USC was going to make a splash hire so no way was he leaving for USC going to be a possibility we were going to be stuck in mediocrity for the rest of the decade.

I still can't believe USC hired him. So surreal that not only did Sark LEAVE! That UW actually hired a good coach to replace him.

I remember beating Indiana (around 2002 or 2003) something like 38-13 and going onto Dawgman to vent about how that wasn't Husky Football and why do we suck so bad.

Conversely I remember in 2011 being like "This is going to be a long year" after the Eastern game and being told "a win is a win" by several doogs.

"Three years ago you would have killed for a win and now you are complaining? Damn you are negative!".

While like you said back then being disappointed in wins was normal because the expectations were so much higher. I remember leaving Husky Stadium in 1995 after barely beating Army and walking out feeling like we had lost.
    There was the famous "Can't you just be happy with 5-1?" When I pointed out that UW went through the easy part of the schedule in unimpressive fashion and the reckoning would soon come. They went 2-5 after that.

How a team wins or losses in very important. I remember after watching the Colorado game in 1990 thinking, UW has a very good team and could very well be one of the best in the nation. It was a well played game by two good teams. I think Colorado won the MNC that year (even though they got a 5th down vs. Missouri). Then there are games where they play like shit, but are lucky to beat an inferior team, and you know they aren't very good and it will catch up with them. Like a bad golfer who who maybe skips one across the water, or hits a tree and gets a bounce that puts him near the hole...maybe he gets a par or a birdy on the first couple of holes, but everyone knows he will still shoot a 110, becuase he isn't very good. (see the Arizona foot bounce pick 6 for reference)
    I hate saying this but you gotta go by the ole eye test. Big difference between being 5-1 like the 1990 team was vs how the 2011 team was.

Even this year in starting 4-0 I wasn't convinced as UW was leading the nation in penalties and top five in the nation in yards per game yet way down there in points per game. It was the same old sloppy play which ended up burning them against Stanford, Oregon, ASU and UCLA.
    brchco12 said:

i only trust practice reports when they come from @jecornel‌ (RIP)

I find it funny that Little Jimmy stormed off that there wasn't enough football talk in here. The moment we realized he was gone was when a lot of good football talk started to took place.

What I'm saying is Little Jimmy silence in these serious football threads speaks volumes.
  • TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,797
    Second-hand offseason practice reports are bullshit.

But there are 92 other reasons I'm optimistic about Coach Petersen.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    TTJ said:

First hand reports are usually worfress.

But your second sentence is what's important.
    TTJ said:

You guys are just lucky I post here at all
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,110
    In November Kim was still recalling how Sark the Valiant led his soldiers to victory against the powerful army of Illinois. HE BEAT A BCS CONFERENCE TEAM ON THE ROAD!!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? With some of you its not worth it because you don't understand college football and we could beat Alabama and you would complain
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Kim Jong Vino would point out that he has 12 reasons to doubt Petersen ...

12 >>> 92

In November Kim was still recalling how Sark the Valiant led his soldiers to victory against the powerful army of Illinois. HE BEAT A BCS CONFERENCE TEAM ON THE ROAD!!!! WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT? With some of you its not worth it because you don't understand college football and we could beat Alabama and you would complain

Kim is so pathetic and his agenda is so obvious. I mean beating a TUFF! Big10 team after going 0-12 five years ago is impressive right?

That game proved the special year was bullshit. Played like shit on the road but Illinois was fucking garbage which we all said at the time.

I'm sure when UW defeats Rutgers Kim won't be bragging about beating a BCS conference team on the road.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    The UW program was strong before Don James ... it was strong after Don James ... the program is the program before and after Chris Petersen.

Great coaching + UW resources = Championships.

The program is what makes it all possible.