Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW practices according to a buddy

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
edited April 2014 in Hardcore Husky Board
As for UW, Petersen is running spring drills hardcore. We've gone out there a couple of times and it's not the relaxed laughing atmosphere with rap music playing and shit. Coaches are drilling guys and working them like mules. It's far more professional environment than I saw with Sark, yet not the library discipline environment that I remember practice being like under Ty.

Nothing new but still nice seeing this being said. I think Petersen will bring discipline but unlike Ty his players will actually like him. Every player spoke highly of Petersen when he departed Boise for UW while you didn't hear any speak highly of Sark for an example when he left for USC.

I know, win 10 games or GTFO and perhaps I'm dooging it up for Petersen. I actually think the talent is there they just didn't have an adult steering them in the right direction. All these little things will pay off long run and even short term as well.

Comments

• unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    No complaints here - which makes this bored difficult, nothing to bitch about

Even jamming some Springsteen on Tues
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I remember beating Indiana (around 2002 or 2003) something like 38-13 and going onto Dawgman to vent about how that wasn't Husky Football and why do we suck so bad.

Conversely I remember in 2011 being like "This is going to be a long year" after the Eastern game and being told "a win is a win" by several doogs.

"Three years ago you would have killed for a win and now you are complaining? Damn you are negative!".

While like you said back then being disappointed in wins was normal because the expectations were so much higher. I remember leaving Husky Stadium in 1995 after barely beating Army and walking out feeling like we had lost.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453

I remember beating Indiana (around 2002 or 2003) something like 38-13 and going onto Dawgman to vent about how that wasn't Husky Football and why do we suck so bad.

Conversely I remember in 2011 being like "This is going to be a long year" after the Eastern game and being told "a win is a win" by several doogs.

"Three years ago you would have killed for a win and now you are complaining? Damn you are negative!".

While like you said back then being disappointed in wins was normal because the expectations were so much higher. I remember leaving Husky Stadium in 1995 after barely beating Army and walking out feeling like we had lost.
    The 2012 season was my only year posting on doogman. You couldn't criticize anything on that fucking board without some shitty posters and mods getting on you. I said we were playing like shit against Colorado and that Sark's playcalling sucked. Terry Fucking Dell told me Sark was loosening the defense up and saving the good calls for later. I told him we could go I formation and run up the middle for at least 5-6 yards every play, but Sark was getting cute. We put up 7 points in the first half to possibly the shittiest Pac 12 team I have ever seen. There was under a minute left before we scored out first points.

90% of the posters agreed with Dell and were mad I was being negative and gave me the typical bullshit about the game being 4 quarters. When our offense started rolling in the 2nd half, posters were saying, "I told you so" like I ever thought we would lose.
    HA! I was bitching up a storm that game too and my Doog friends after the game were like "Still want to fire Sark?" To which I replied Yes! I also said this type of slow bullshit first half will cost us next week if they play like that against WSU. Was told I was overreacting.

Fast forward a week later UW trailed WSU 10-7, gave them life. Had a big 3rd quarter, got too cocky and too complicate once again only to lose.

I can understand Pete Carroll's USC teams going complicate because they were that fucking good but who the fuck were we to do that shit? Of course instead of hammering them on it Sark going into the following year is talking about how we were really a 9-4 team hypothetically. It's a good thing we didn't really go 9-4 or we'd have big heads.

The fans had no expectations at all but I can't blame them since the head coach obviously had no expectations either.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Our apple cup was a fucking dreckfest. I was at both that game and OSU this year. In Corvallis they set out to pillage. WSU was your typical lazy bullshit combined with play calling that was way too cute. Thank god Halladay was looking to throw some clutch picks.
  • BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,346
    So that's just what you're hearing?
  • sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208

This isn't dooging... Since there is data to suggest someone knows what the fuck they are doing ... 92-12 and shit ...

... The Negas .. They shall ..

Noog ...

Now win 10 in the regular season or GTFO !!!!1!!!11!!!

The 'bar' for a first year coach at UW, is 5.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,921 Founders Club

I know it's not Dooging but some in here are very quick to throw that term out there. Fuck the term Doog is used so much I think many forgot what the whole meaning actually is.

As long as Peterman beats Whoregon (lol), I'll be happy.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

No complaints here - which makes this bored difficult, nothing to bitch about

Even jamming some Springsteen on Tues

Springsteen sucks harder than Sark.
  • OZONEOZONE Member Posts: 2,510
    edited April 2014
    Oh hey! I found another one of your off season championship threads! What a bunch of doogs.