Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    edited December 2021
    Second year in a row we hire a Jaguars position coach to a coordinator position…
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Orlondo Steinauer's season in the CFL will be over after sunday or if they win, after the Grey Cup next weekend. Something to keep an eye on

Is there any actual smoke to this or just doog wishful thinking?
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

Orlondo Steinauer's season in the CFL will be over after sunday or if they win, after the Grey Cup next weekend. Something to keep an eye on

Is there any actual smoke to this or just doog wishful thinking?
    Wishful thinking. If Ektard is right about the staff being finalized, then I think we can confidently cross Steinauer off the list
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,150
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Ektard says staff has been hired and will be announced on Monday

I could have made this up too

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021
    Deboer just followed Kenny "Trill" Hill. TCU QB coach. I assume he'll take on that role here. Going to be a great recruiter, elite personality.

• Options
    Given his batting average is below the Mendoza line, this probably means they're not coming

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Tosh isn’t coming. Confirmed shitpost
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Given his batting average is below the Mendoza line, this probably means they're not coming

I hope it's true but he has no clue
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Deboer just followed Kenny "Trill" Hill. TCU QB coach. I assume he'll take on that role here. Going to be a great recruiter, elite personality.

Christ that guy is already a QB coach? I don't give a shit how he recruits, that position coach needs to develop more than anything. That would be an odd fit here.
  • Options

I hope it's true but he has no clue
    His rumors are always doog fantasies. Either he's getting trolled by his "sources" or he's trying to doog these dreams into reality.
  • Options

Tosh isn’t coming. Confirmed shitpost

I wasn't talking about Tosh or anyone on that staff
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Christ that guy is already a QB coach? I don't give a shit how he recruits, that position coach needs to develop more than anything. That would be an odd fit here.
    As if Kalen Deboer didn't turn Jake Haener into one of the best QBs in the country lmao.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

As if Kalen Deboer didn't turn Jake Haener into one of the best QBs in the country lmao.
    Right, so bring those coaches with him.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

They are? They didn't have a QB coach. He's bringing Grubb, Marks, and Moore. I don't have any info on this just reading some tea leaves
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

DeBoer is the qb expert.
  • Options

DeBoer is the qb expert.
    elite programs have guys that are bagman/recruiters on staff in semi bullshit roles that allow the developers to work with elite athletes m. It's not hard. Hire good coordinators and recruit your dick off
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,985
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021

DeBoer is the qb expert.
    elite programs have guys that are bagman/recruiters on staff in semi bullshit roles that allow the developers to work with elite athletes m. It's not hard. Hire good coordinators and recruit your dick off
    Kind of true. But you can see how to fuck this up like Ohio st on the defensive side of the ball.

The real key is the assistants need to be competent and feel Pressure to recruit and have their guys perform. Jimmy ran a country club for assts. Pete was starting to and knew he needed to can some friends but didn’t have it in him.

DeBoer is encouraging because whether or not williams works out as a hire it shows he is trying. And if the payoff for williams doesn’t work, you cut bait and figure something else out. But we literally haven’t been trying to win for years and it’s stupid.