Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Who’s the big name who was rumored. And is the Nevada dc/ ex Syracuse DC in play???
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Who’s the big name who was rumored. And is the Nevada dc/ ex Syracuse DC in play???

i don't think that happens.

No, Ward was never offered. He went to Wazzu.
  • PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    So it’s Inge with Williams as co DC

Don't believe Inge will be Co-Dc no. Think they hire an outside guy but I could be wrong.
  • KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Don't believe Inge will be Co-Dc no. Think they hire an outside guy but I could be wrong.
    Here is the 2019 coaches salaries I got from @CokeGreaterThanPepsi . We are saving $1.5 million on the HC and Lake/Kwat made ~$2.4. We should have some serious dough to spend.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Lers confirmed in twitter space, time to doog out

I need that link
  • DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    The longer it goes in hiring assistants do you get nervous we are missing on guys or do we just have to wait until this final weekend of games.
  • CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,708
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

chuck said:

Swaye said:

By popular demand, unless Stalin nukes it and me, the ONT! We can gab about leopard print jackets, smokers voices, awkward hugs, underage coaches daughters, and maybe even The Haen Train (ask Julie she knows what's up).

If you were to put a thought bubble above DeBoer here based on Cohen's personality and his expression, what would it say? I would go with something like "I think this goofy chick might actually want a piece of my deboner".
    You guys going to KEG House later? I guess Deboner’s got a sweet fuckin’ spoadie.

Spoadie must only be a word in Washington. Once I joined the Army and moved out of state, I’d use spoadie and people had no clue what it was.
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who the fuck is Lers
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Spoadie! Oh my god, I feel like the adults in "It" who had kinda forgot all about that demonic clown and suddenly it all comes rushing back!

But also, who the fuck is Donte Williams? Has he ever actually coached anybody that could play? You'll pardon me if I don't doog out about becoming USC of the last 10 years, signing great recruits and watching them turn into 5th-round draft picks. I remember Bill Simmons's basketball book wherein he argued that if a guy considered great was really so great, why was he fucking traded? Same question: if having Donte Williams is so great, why can't he seem to stay on a staff for more than a year or two? Arizona, 1 year. Nebraska, 1 yr. Oregon, 2 yrs. All in the same role. USC, 2 years. And don't tell he left because he was getting better offers. If he was so great, the school would've paid what it took to keep him.

Bill Parcells, the smartest man of our age, said it best: don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby.

Who the fuck is Lers
    typo sadly
    RealRhino said:

Spoadie! Oh my god, I feel like the adults in "It" who had kinda forgot all about that demonic clown and suddenly it all comes rushing back!

But also, who the fuck is Donte Williams? Has he ever actually coached anybody that could play? You'll pardon me if I don't doog out about becoming USC of the last 10 years, signing great recruits and watching them turn into 5th-round draft picks. I remember Bill Simmons's basketball book wherein he argued that if a guy considered great was really so great, why was he fucking traded? Same question: if having Donte Williams is so great, why can't he seem to stay on a staff for more than a year or two? Arizona, 1 year. Nebraska, 1 yr. Oregon, 2 yrs. All in the same role. USC, 2 years. And don't tell he left because he was getting better offers. If he was so great, the school would've paid what it took to keep him.

Bill Parcells, the smartest man of our age, said it best: don't tell me about the labor, show me the baby.

Ok. Would you rather have Will Harris or Bob Gregory on staff?
  • insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Who the fuck is Lers
    typo sadly
    eh, Lars doesn't know shit. I hate to admit it but the Dawgman mods are actually pretty dialed in when it comes to news within the UW AD. It's the recruiting side where they're clueless cause the coaches feed them bad info and no recruits want to talk to them.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

He left for a better situation each time up to usc. We are the downgrade in his career. Hth.

And he lands big time players. That is the significance. There may be a thread or two out there with all the details but I haven’t checked.
  • RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    What I see is Will Harris is putting out two CBs that will get picked In the first two days of the NFL draft, while all Dante Williams is putting out feelers and resumes. So yes, at this point I’d take Harris.

And you’re telling me that leaving Oregon after a RB to go to the sinking USS Helton is a step up? Ok.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,587
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    p
    RealRhino said:

What I see is Will Harris is putting out two CBs that will get picked In the first two days of the NFL draft, while all Dante Williams is putting out feelers and resumes. So yes, at this point I’d take Harris.

And you’re telling me that leaving Oregon after a RB to go to the sinking USS Helton is a step up? Ok.

Williams raises questions for sure, however Harris is shit at recruiting and it will show in a big way next season.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    RealRhino said:

One of the worst takes I have seen. Harris is worthless. Provides no value to the program. Does he even coach the corners? He had been focusing on then safeties prior. Our safeties have been worthless for multiple years now.