Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    DodgyBlokeDodgyBloke Member Posts: 957
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Swaye said:

I notice that even after many of you losers axed for this thread everyone is still posting their own "portal and coach" threads all over the front page. If you retards aren't going to use this thread to discuss all this shit then I will nuke it. No reason to have a pinned thread if the coaching and portal rumors aren't going to be posted in it.

Idk, I think we need another Donte Williams thread
    At this point maybe we set up a whole new website about it??
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited December 2021
    I'll take my first stab at the coaching staff. Will Harris isn't popular but I'd want to keep him on to continue teaching the DB U techniques. He won't need to recruit with Williams and Julius Brown on staff. Still need to figure out a ST coordinator in this scenario.

This will be a really solid staff combining DeBoer's top coaches at FSU, retaining a few solid CP/Lake holdovers, and bringing in elite recruiters from the outside. From what I've read, Marks, Moore and Brown are all good recruiters so the only potential weak links are the coordinators and Harris.

HC: Kalen DeBoner

Offense
    OC/QB: Ryan Grubb
    RB: Lee Marks
    OL: Courtney Morgan or another external hire (assuming we have to give Morgan an on field coaching position to poach him from UM)
    WR: Junior Adams
    TE: Kirby Moore

Defense
    DC/LB: William Inge
    Co-DC/DB: Donte Williams
    DL: Ikaika Malloe
    DB: Will Harris
    Husky/Rover: Julius Brown
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Morgan will be recruiting coordinator not oline.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

All speculation at this point. He's a UM alum so we either need to give him a huge raise or a promotion to a position coach for him to leave. Or maybe he just hates Harbaugh and wants to work for DeBoner again. Grubb has experience coaching the OL and we could always bring in some GAs to help so that would take some pressure off him. EWIWBI
  • Options

All speculation at this point. He's a UM alum so we either need to give him a huge raise or a promotion to a position coach for him to come back. Or maybe he just hates Harbaugh and wants to work for DeBoner again. Grubb has experience coaching the OL and we could always bring in some GAs to help so that would take some pressure off him. EWIWBI
    I wouldn’t mind keeping huff around for his recruiting alone
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    How about Promoting Terrance Brown to lead db coach and firing Harris
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

All speculation at this point. He's a UM alum so we either need to give him a huge raise or a promotion to a position coach for him to come back. Or maybe he just hates Harbaugh and wants to work for DeBoner again. Grubb has experience coaching the OL and we could always bring in some GAs to help so that would take some pressure off him. EWIWBI
    Huff fucking sucks.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

Huff fucking sucks.
    True to an extent… he’s brought in a lot of good recruiting classes though. Poor oline play can also be on strength and conditioning coaches and the offensive coordinator.
  • Options

How about Promoting Terrance Brown to lead db coach and firing Harris

Get a restraining order vs brown and Harris. We have been a DB factory and they can’t land a quality db to save their lives. Worthless contributors. Our safety play has been unacceptable since Myles Bryant left. He was the last competent player to start there and probably out of position at that.
    It’s a interesting situation. You’re right… db recruiting fell down the toilet with Harris and Brown. Harris appears to be a completely worthless recruiter and I want him fired. Not sure on Brown but if DeBoer gets rid of both of the db coaches it will be harder to sell the DBU thing to new recruits. The corner play this year was GOOD although they weren’t tested too much. Yeah the safety play was god awful.

I imagine Kyler Gordon and McDuffie are off to the NFL. With the coaches who coached them up gone, there’s going to be nothing special about UW to DBs. (Perhaps Donte Williams changes this though)

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,302
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TheHB said:

I’ve been trying to find the website men posters here so nice derek mentioned there were a few not so long ago

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Huff fucking sucks.
    Just say no to Metallica!
  • Options

If Kirby Moore is a good recruiter and a good WR coach, I’m fine with saying good bye to Adams.

Malloe is the only other guy I’d even consider keeping around and that’s as DL coach. The rest of them need to delete their profiles off the team page and go find a job at Central.

The rumor is Moore will be the TE coach so I made the assumption they are retaining Junior. He's been a solid recruiter so I won't mind keeping him around. Any shortcomings he has as a WRs coach can be offset by having Moore and DeBoer (played WR in college).