Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Now Eklund thinks Donte Williams is coming.

Like clock work. Don’t forget the refer a friend promotion.
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Where the fuck are my announcements? I want my off-season natty damnit
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Now Eklund thinks Donte Williams is coming.

Going to be the head coach at Oregon, confirmed!
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited December 2021

DBU ain't going anywhere 😎
  • Options

The fresno Oline coach is apparently bad. Maybe Huff stays but I hope not. On the other hand he is a good recruiter, Junior Adams and Huff are the only good recruiters on the previous staff.

The uw o line coach is horrible

As is the UW O line

I agree, but we have "4 stars"... enough so that a good oline coach should be able to assemble a decent line with the current players we have. Unless the players Huff recruited were all really overrated in high school.
    I don't think any of the players were getting developed by staff
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,062
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

theLSkid said:
    So it begins.

Bet they start rolling in quickly now.
    Can Grubb recruit? I know he can run an offense and call plays.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    We hate this until we don’t, right?

Someone pass me the script please.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

theLSkid said:
    So it begins.

Think he's not much of a recruiter but if the offensive staff we are rumored to be getting is here (Kenny Hill, Kirby Moore, Adams plus Donte in SoCal) he won't need to be.

We should know soon.
    I'm relying on you to tell me how the staff is viewed generally once hired since I know fuckall except Donte is mega.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I believe there was an FSU guy early on saying Grubb's playcalling had some weak spells over this past year and to be wary of that. IE might be better if DeBoer calls the plays.
  • Options
    Founders Club

I believe there was an FSU guy early on saying Grubb's playcalling had some weak spells over this past year and to be wary of that. IE might be better if DeBoer calls the plays.

If he can't recruit and his play calling is suspect what the fuck did we hire him for? To fan Deboner?
  • Options
    GayThoughtsGayThoughts Member Posts: 433
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Nah, pretty sure Grubb was playcaller in 2020 and 3-3 record led DeBoer to taking back the reigns this year.
  • Options
    OreDawgOreDawg Member Posts: 589
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

theLSkid said:
    So it begins.

Think he's not much of a recruiter but if the offensive staff we are rumored to be getting is here (Kenny Hill, Kirby Moore, Adams plus Donte in SoCal) he won't need to be.

We should know soon.
    I'm relying on you to tell me how the staff is viewed generally once hired since I know fuckall except Donte is mega.
    Hill feels like a good risk on an up and coming QB coach.
    Adams not sure if he can coach but we know he can recruit and I expect the WRs will produce much better in this offense regardless.
    Moore can coach and recruit and he's shifting to TE but should be around to help with WRs and eventually slide over if Adams proves to be a poor coach after all.
    Grubb very good OL coach.

RB coach is the one question mark on the offensive side, best bet is the Fresno guy Lee Marks I think his name. He's meh but RB coach is the least important coach on the team.

Defensive side I'm now hearing Malloe may be returning which is good if he's DL bad if he's LB. I liked the DL we were supposed to be getting from Boise though, up and comer.
    LB no idea if Inge isn't coming.
    Donte at DB/co-DC who can recruit like hell and looks like Chuck Morell the Fresno guy as the other DB. Good mix of a recruiter and a coach.
    Steinauer is a homerun DC if he's really the guy.

More question marks on the D side but I feel pretty good about the staff as a hole as long as we get Donte and the Michigan guy as RC.
    At least Hill is a real QB coach who actually played QB. Instant upgrade over what we had no matter what.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

Swaye said:

dnc said:

theLSkid said:
    So it begins.

We should know soon.
    Hill feels like a good risk on an up and coming QB coach.
    Adams not sure if he can coach but we know he can recruit and I expect the WRs will produce much better in this offense regardless.
    Moore can coach and recruit and he's shifting to TE but should be around to help with WRs and eventually slide over if Adams proves to be a poor coach after all.
    Grubb very good OL coach.

RB coach is the one question mark on the offensive side, best bet is the Fresno guy Lee Marks I think his name. He's meh but RB coach is the least important coach on the team.

Defensive side I'm now hearing Malloe may be returning which is good if he's DL bad if he's LB. I liked the DL we were supposed to be getting from Boise though, up and comer.
    LB no idea if Inge isn't coming.
    Donte at DB/co-DC who can recruit like hell and looks like Chuck Morell the Fresno guy as the other DB. Good mix of a recruiter and a coach.
    Steinauer is a homerun DC if he's really the guy.

More question marks on the D side but I feel pretty good about the staff as a hole as long as we get Donte and the Michigan guy as RC.
    Yeah outside of Donte Morgan is the only other guy I know of reputation and he is also mega. Those two would be huge. So Grubb is basically the OC title but really coaching lineman then?