Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Offseason Natty Thread: Portals, Assistant Coaches, Leopard Jackets, etc.

Comments

• Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I feel so “meh” about Grubb. At least it’s continuity. Hope he likes recruiting
  • Options

You could probably count on one hand how many schools have an OC where all of his play calling is terrific. Offensive play calling is the easiest thing to nit pick on a couch.

It’s a safe hire, it won’t go down in flames like the Donovan hire that’s for sure.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I believe there was an FSU guy early on saying Grubb's playcalling had some weak spells over this past year and to be wary of that. IE might be better if DeBoer calls the plays.

Nah, pretty sure Grubb was playcaller in 2020 and 3-3 record led DeBoer to taking back the reigns this year.
    Yeah this. So just be on lookout for who's calling the plays.
    Swaye said:

You could probably count on one hand how many schools have an OC where all of his play calling is terrific. Offensive play calling is the easiest thing to nit pick on a couch.

What kind of couch?

wouldn't mind pretending I was her couch if you know what I'm saying
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,980
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Also I believe Grubb's a quality OL coach

Why do you believe this?

The games I saw the qb and wr’s were good. Their offensive line was hot garbage. Haener was covey’d more than a handful of times. Their line looked slow and underwhelming.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,324
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

If the play works it was a great call and vice versa

The exception is the random play generator that Donovon used That was bad play calling
    Especially if your RPG only has enough RAM for three plays and two of them are runs up the middle.
  • Options

dnc said:

Also I believe Grubb's a quality OL coach

Why do you believe this?

The games I saw the qb and wr’s were good. Their offensive line was hot garbage. Haener was covey’d more than a handful of times. Their line looked slow and underwhelming.
    He wasn’t the oline coach last year.
  • Options
    sinceredawgsinceredawg Member Posts: 774
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

I believe there was an FSU guy early on saying Grubb's playcalling had some weak spells over this past year and to be wary of that. IE might be better if DeBoer calls the plays.

Nah, pretty sure Grubb was playcaller in 2020 and 3-3 record led DeBoer to taking back the reigns this year.

wouldn't mind pretending I was her couch if you know what I'm saying
    I get it! You want her to sit on your face! It's like a sexual thing you were going for there! Nice!

This guy gets it.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Well Grubb is the QB coach, that means no Hill and probably means Sapolu as OL Coach. Not great news but not awful as long as no other downgrades.
  • Options
    HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    pretty meh for OC hire...

Just more Kohl's cash for me I guess...

Should make it easier for DeBoer to raid the minor league teams in the Big Sky and MWC during free agency I suppose...
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

Well Grubb is the QB coach, that means no Hill and probably means Sapolu as OL Coach. Not great news but not awful as long as no other downgrades.

Don't like it. Has he ever coached QBs before? Seems like a big step up. Objectively, I would think it would be hard for the Huards to trust him to develop Sam.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

Don't like it. Has he ever coached QBs before? Seems like a big step up. Objectively, I would think it would be hard for the Huards to trust him to develop Sam.
    In addition to OC, he was the QB coach at Fresno, was he not?
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    No former QB on the staff again
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

In addition to OC, he was the QB coach at Fresno, was he not?
    You're correct. I was wrong on that. He moved to be the QB coach 2 years ago.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,496
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

dnc said:

Trust issues, already?!