Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,138
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

This is a very good and accurate post. Objectively speaking.

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I have probably been to more major world cities than anyone on these boreds. If not the most, I'm in the top 3 for sure. I think I've been in every "mega" destination city in the world sans the ones in Russia. Miami is at the absolute tippy top of the list, in the world, not just the USofA. Anyone who says Miami is overrated is a toolbox who couldn't get laid there. It is not for the faint of heart. The women suffer no fools and you better have money. You save up your 7-11 checks for a year and roll in from Index in a straw hat, it will be a blood bath. You gotta flex those Orkin riches like me. Then it's party tim.

p.s. There is so much money in Miami it's unreal. Before I started going there pretty regularly I had no idea how much insane wealth was there. If you are in the city center area near the bay I am not kidding it is a constant flow of super cars. Ferraris, Lambo and Porsches are as common there as Fords, Subarus and Toyotas in Gig Harbor. I saw a fucking Veyron getting valeted for fucks sake. And the women. Good God the women. Plus, clubs are open, and full, all night. If you have never been to Miami I highly suggest going. Great great city. I didn't even mention the food, which is fucking nails.

@Doogles wade in here my swarthy friend. You were there recently. Thoughts?
    Most of those are leased or rentals.

Also virtually any rain turns it into this.

Last time I was there in 2019 every time the tide came in Brickell would flood.

Real talk Miami has improved a lot. First time down there it looked like Pioneer Square, smelled like Pioneer Square, and had the same residents of Pioneer Square. No one was downtown after 5 pm. Brickell had more and quite honestly is still nicer than downtown. Downtown has some shitty sketch spots still but again much better than before. Cocaine money aside, most of Miami money is out of towners from the NE (New York), South America, or Europe.

Lastly, I agree and give them super points for opening the fuck up. With the exception of the airport, and a couple other places, it's been back to normal for a while.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

One of the advantages of being old and handsome is that young ladies love to flirt with me in front of my wife. Some weird thi

meat really dumb enough to jump into this mess?
    Seriously doubt it

Oregon is a better job but Cristobal is severely under paid on a deal he signed last year. Things change.

Someone could put 9 million in front of him

The six-year, $27 million contract will run through the 2025 season and is funded through private athletic gifts. Cristobal’s salary will increase from approximately $2.7 million to $4.3 million in January, and the Ducks coach will earn an average of $4.55 million during the term.
    Those numbers are wrong on the contract. TLDR Cristobal is at $5.25 million on the year and can bump that up to $5.9 million if he beats Utah.

Contract details below, key points being it’s $5-6 million per year unless they make the CFP and buyout is currently $9 million.

Cristobal’s base salary for 2021 is $4.3 million. The $2.7m was for 2020, not including the $500k retention bonus, $150k for winning the conference, and $300k for losing the Fiesta Bowel. Saved $100k by having Washington claim the North division.

For 2021 he’s currently sitting at $4.95 million and has $650k riding on the result of Pac-12 championship game. There’s also a $300k retention bonus if he’s still the coach on 1/14/2022.

2021 total: $5.25-5.9 million. The contract was auto-extended for an additional year when he hit 9 wins. 2022 is $4.4m and $450k in raises and retention, $200k/win starting at 8 wins, bowl bonus means a 9 win season is $5.2 million. Current buyout is $9 million, drops to $6.5 million on January 14.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,219
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Still below the new market by quite a bit
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited December 2021

Miami will be under water soon. If you want fake tits hookers and cocaine look to Columbia or Brazil… your dollar will stretch farther too

Most likely around the same time Washington, Idaho, Montana and Oregon burn off the map
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Miami will be under water soon. If you want fake tits hookers and cocaine look to Columbia or Brazil… your dollar will stretch farther too

Yeah, I want to be able speak engrish while I am doing this.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

This is a very good and accurate post. Objectively speaking.

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    https://www.timeout.com/miami/news/miami-was-voted-the-third-most-overrated-city-in-the-worldouch-091421
    I have probably been to more major world cities than anyone on these boreds. If not the most, I'm in the top 3 for sure. I think I've been in every "mega" destination city in the world sans the ones in Russia. Miami is at the absolute tippy top of the list, in the world, not just the USofA. Anyone who says Miami is overrated is a toolbox who couldn't get laid there. It is not for the faint of heart. The women suffer no fools and you better have money. You save up your 7-11 checks for a year and roll in from Index in a straw hat, it will be a blood bath. You gotta flex those Orkin riches like me. Then it's party tim.

p.s. There is so much money in Miami it's unreal. Before I started going there pretty regularly I had no idea how much insane wealth was there. If you are in the city center area near the bay I am not kidding it is a constant flow of super cars. Ferraris, Lambo and Porsches are as common there as Fords, Subarus and Toyotas in Gig Harbor. I saw a fucking Veyron getting valeted for fucks sake. And the women. Good God the women. Plus, clubs are open, and full, all night. If you have never been to Miami I highly suggest going. Great great city. I didn't even mention the food, which is fucking nails.

@Doogles wade in here my swarthy friend. You were there recently. Thoughts?
    Most of those are leased or rentals.

Also virtually any rain turns it into this.

Last time I was there in 2019 every time the tide came in Brickell would flood.

Real talk Miami has improved a lot. First time down there it looked like Pioneer Square, smelled like Pioneer Square, and had the same residents of Pioneer Square. No one was downtown after 5 pm. Brickell had more and quite honestly is still nicer than downtown. Downtown has some shitty sketch spots still but again much better than before. Cocaine money aside, most of Miami money is out of towners from the NE (New York), South America, or Europe.

Lastly, I agree and give them super points for opening the fuck up. With the exception of the airport, and a couple other places, it's been back to normal for a while.
    This is a good summary. When I was in my younger years ... mid 80s and back, downtown Miami was a place a specific subset of the biz community - finance, etc. - would go to work in some building, and after 5 or 6 LEAVE!!! You could hear a pin drop. NOBODY ever went downtown to just go downtown. Then two things changed: the Miami Heat and Bayside. When they built the first Heat arena, the financing on which my old law firm reppe'd the lenders (humble brag), people were like, "you built it right next to Overtown? you outta yo fucking mind?" But, people went anyway. Then (or maybe it was just b4, I forget), they built this publicly
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,750
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2021
    @huskyhooligan had a good summary, I started to respond and then got on a work call. Fucking Vanilla won't give me permission to finish, so here it is, wordy af, which will annoy @MikeSeaver , who doesn't care anyway, but that's how creep do:

This is a good summary. When I was in my younger years ... mid 80s and back, downtown Miami was a place a specific subset of the biz community - finance, etc. - would go to work in some building, and after 5 or 6 LEAVE!!! You could hear a pin drop. NOBODY ever went downtown to just go downtown. Then two things changed: the Miami Heat and Bayside. When they built the first Heat arena, the financing on which my old law firm reppe'd the lenders (humble brag), people were like, "you built it right next to Overtown? you outta yo fucking mind?" But, people went anyway.

Then (or maybe it was just b4, I forget), they built this publicly/privately funded waterfront development with shops, restaurants, etc. It was very well done, looked nice and attractive, and that begat the "downtown is kinda cool" thing. Brickell was always Brickell and a bit upscale. I mean, when you have civilization that is literally on the waterfront, in this case turquoise and warm breezy waterfront, there has to be some place my beautiful people can gather. I think it's fair to say downtown has done a lot to catch up and is now a destination and gathering place in its own right. And that is all before the condo explosion in the downtown vicinity.

the one thing you have to have about you to like or just appreciate Miami, is openness and interest in people who are not like you, because it is full of the "other". You get off the plane at Miami International and you hear many other languages and you see people from all over the fucking place. It's a hot and fast city and life is not breezy and slow. So, you know, not a place for @oregonblitzkrieg ... because in Miami there are unreasonable amounts of virtually everything he measures against whatever hillbilly shithole in the Wuhlammit Valley from whence he slithered.