Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mario to Miami confirmed

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

Eugene, a piss break on the way to a better place.

This is a very good and accurate post. Objectively speaking.

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    I was in Miami last January, in a polo shirt and shorts because it was 77 degrees, and I rolled up to my destination in the Epic Hotel right on the Biscayne Bay. As I arrived I noticed leggy hispanic beauties exiting a Lambo, Ferrari 458 and a 911 GT3, all at the same fucking tim, at the valet. Get inside the joint, and am immediately offered a top shelf cigar and a Cuba Libre, at 11AM on a Thursday. Go out on the veranda and hot chicks in bikini tops are dancing on yacht decks going up and down the canal. Did I mention it was 11AM on a Thursday? Oh, and not to Tug it out, but there wasn't a mask in sight. Just hot bodied women in lycra as far as the eye could see.

My self talk was, "is this heaven?"

Imho, Miami is as good as it gets in big city 'Murica.

I went to Orlando and Daytona Beach for spring break. I'm too white trash for a place like this.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

dnc said:

I've been to Miami twice. Wifey and I flew into Miami for a cruise for our honeymoon. Spent one night in Miami before the cruise and 3 nights afterwards. Extremely cool city, especially for November when you're in your 20's. Did the stereotypical stuff beaches, restaurants, nightlife etc.

Like Johnny Nansen Miami doesn't sleep but it does pass out on occasion (h/t @GrundleStiltzkin).

Took the kids to Miami with pops this summer for a completely different trip, hit up the three south Florida national parks. Also very cool in a totally different way. Did very little in the city. But Miami's not unlike Seattle in that there's cool outdoorsy shit complete with wildlife and where you can get away from the masses completely extremely close to the big city. Not sure what other big US cities really compare other than maybe Honolulu and Vegas.

Obviously the outdoorsy shit is different different than Seattle outdoorsy shit.

Yep all kinds of cool shit. You can also cross the peninsula to Naples where the really well heeled play. Tons of golf, kayaking, national parks, gators and as previously mentioned some of the best open ocean fishing anywhere. Coupler that with the nightlife, women, food and culture in the city and Miami is pretty well perfect. Oh yeah, great cigars hand rolled right in Little Havana and some of the purest best cocaine you'll ever get. Miami has it all.
    My grandparents used to live in a retirement community in Naples. That place is something else.
  • Options
    MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

I just want to see Cristobal leave so I can see this guy meltdown:

He has been preaching for months that Cristobal would never leave Oregon.
    The thing is, Mario is a complete sleazebag, as many football coaches are. He may be among the sleaziest. Duck fans have convinced themselves that he is this righteous, saint-like molder of men who has fallen in love with the local small town football community that has embraced him.

When it vomes to the whole "is UW in a better situation with Mario there than who they might get?" conversation, there's a simple answer for me. I want him to leave and I want it to be in the sleaziest way possibly because I want to witness the meltdown.
    Are you, 8?

• Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,415
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited December 2021

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Miami is one of the best, if not the best big city in America. It's the culture of New York with the beautiful people and money of LA mixed with killer weather and the party vide of Mardi Gras with a Latin flavor. In short, who wouldn't leave that shithole Eugene to go rule Miiami?

That said, we must remember it's not for everybody. Think about some of our brothers here who have to live in shit hole places like Sedro Woolley, Everett, Castle Rock, Battleground ... and Canada.

A lot of dudes lack the requisite confidence, and frankly the swarthy'ness, to compete in a town like Miami. If one is missing the superior Cuban DNA, one is already at a distinct disadvantage. It takes big @Ballz to make it in my hometown. It's not for everybody. It's LA, but with a NY temperament of aggression, and withering humidity that makes pussies from out west melt.

We have to remember there are coaches who, like our less confident brothers, prefer being out in the middle of butt fuck nowhere so that they have some semblance of a chance to compete for T&A and the other good things life has to offer.

We have to remember that. Eugene and Sedro and Everett and Marysville and Castlerock and Battleground and Vancoover and Rochester and Pulltab and Spookanne are all essentially the same fucking place, and there is a good % of people who want to be in those places and hide from the world.
    I was in Miami last January, in a polo shirt and shorts because it was 77 degrees, and I rolled up to my destination in the Epic Hotel right on the Biscayne Bay. As I arrived I noticed leggy hispanic beauties exiting a Lambo, Ferrari 458 and a 911 GT3, all at the same fucking tim, at the valet. Get inside the joint, and am immediately offered a top shelf cigar and a Cuba Libre, at 11AM on a Thursday. Go out on the veranda and hot chicks in bikini tops are dancing on yacht decks going up and down the canal. Did I mention it was 11AM on a Thursday? Oh, and not to Tug it out, but there wasn't a mask in sight. Just hot bodied women in lycra as far as the eye could see.

Not to say Miami isn't cool or rain on your parade but at least one of these individuals was born with/still has a dick. It's possible you discovered that later but maybe you don't remember? Just be cautious is all I'm sayin. It's a jungle out there.
    The brunette definitely is packing a hog
    As the morning sun poured through the suite's ocean-facing windows, @Swaye stared at the ceiling, nursing a massive headache and a strange, unfamiliar pain in his backside. He assumed he must have fallen in his drunken stupor. Despite his pains he was beaming with pride at his previous night's catch, snoring soundly next to him beneath the silk sheets. He wanted to text his friends and boast about the notch on his bedpost. He was on a roll lately and was jumping out to a commanding lead in their competition. But last night's details were fuzzy. Something felt a little off. He couldn't remember her name. he couldn't remember going back to the hotel, he couldn't even remember what she LOOKED like. As she slowly stirred awake next to him he tried to play his confusion off casually.

"Wow, what a crazy night. That was a lot of fun." Swaye whispered as the girl shielded her eyes with her pillow from the bright morning sun.

"Bienvenidos a Miami," the girl growled from beneath the pillow in a deep baritone. At that moment a slow horror began to dawn over Swaye, rendering him speechless. The girl then slowly removed the pillow from her face, turned to face Swaye, locked eyes, and added gruffly. "You were FANTASTICO".

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The thing is, Mario is a complete sleazebag, as many football coaches are. He may be among the sleaziest. Duck fans have convinced themselves that he is this righteous, saint-like molder of men who has fallen in love with the local small town football community that has embraced him.

When it vomes to the whole "is UW in a better situation with Mario there than who they might get?" conversation, there's a simple answer for me. I want him to leave and I want it to be in the sleaziest way possibly because I want to witness the meltdown.
    I get it. He's more handsome, has more swarth and money, and he came in out of nowhere and crushed your? Peterman dreams and chased off your? corch, leaving you? with a shit-talking DB coach. I'd be mad too. Fortunately, only one of those things applies to me, so I ain't mad.

Given the panic and desperation around here over the last month, it's refreshing to find someone who still wants to see a molder of men to lead the mighty men of purple.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Not to say Miami isn't cool or rain on your parade but at least one of these individuals was born with/still has a dick. It's possible you discovered that later but maybe you don't remember? Just be cautious is all I'm sayin. It's a jungle out there.
    As the morning sun poured through the suite's ocean-facing windows, @Swaye stared at the ceiling, nursing a massive headache and a strange, unfamiliar pain in his backside. He assumed he must have fallen in his drunken stupor. Despite his pains he was beaming with pride at his previous night's catch, snoring soundly next to him beneath the silk sheets. He wanted to text his friends and boast about the notch on his bedpost. He was on a roll lately and was jumping out to a commanding lead in their competition. But last night's details were fuzzy. Something felt a little off. He couldn't remember her name. he couldn't remember going back to the hotel, he couldn't even remember what she LOOKED like. As she slowly stirred awake next to him he tried to play his confusion off casually.

"Wow, what a crazy night. That was a lot of fun." Swaye whispered as the girl shielded her eyes with her pillow from the bright morning sun.

"Bienvenidos a Miami," the girl growled from beneath the pillow in a deep baritone. At that moment a slow horror began to dawn over Swaye, rendering him speechless. The girl then slowly removed the pillow from her face, turned to face Swaye, locked eyes, and added gruffly. "You were FANTASTICO".

QPMSF
  • Options
    PasadenaHuskyFanPasadenaHuskyFan Member Posts: 611
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    dear lord.. imagine writing that
  • Options
    Founders Club

dear lord.. imagine writing that

I haven't sent it to my editor yet. Work in progress.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,309
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

One can hope!
  • Options

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Dude? This isn't a tranny fantasy discussion board
  • Options

I get it. He's more handsome, has more swarth and money, and he came in out of nowhere and crushed your? Peterman dreams and chased off your? corch, leaving you? with a shit-talking DB coach. I'd be mad too. Fortunately, only one of those things applies to me, so I ain't mad.

Given the panic and desperation around here over the last month, it's refreshing to find someone who still wants to see a molder of men to lead the mighty men of purple.
    Molder of men lose football games hth.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Dude? This isn't a tranny fantasy discussion board
    My shrink said I need to put myself out there and not let it simmer.
  • Options
    RatherBeBrewingRatherBeBrewing Member Posts: 1,557
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

Mad_Son said:

My glee over Mario leaving would quickly be overshadowed by Oregon hiring Fickell.

Fickell isn't leaving the midwest.

I don't think there's an obvious successor on the staff, including Moorhead. Don't forget the only time Oregon has had to make an external hire in the last 4 decades they ended up hiring Willie Taggart.
    Why would Fickell leave for Oregon when apparently he can skullfuck Touchdown Jesus and still get the Notre Dame job? He can also wait to take over Ohio State when Ryan Day goes to the NFL, gets caught with a live boy/dead girl, or loses to Michigan twice. Also, doubt Oregon would ever pursue him.

I do have a hot take: Willie Taggart would have been successful at Oregon. It’s not just that his offense went 6-1 averaging 52 points per game when Herbert was playing, with 290 passing/280 rushing. He gave guys rhabdo and inflated recruiting to pump-and-dump but he was good enough to succeed with Oregon’s built in support system. The momentum he could have generated with Herbert, that OL, WR recruiting, and a gruntled Leavitt defense. Wouldn’t have surprised me to see them do better in 2018 than with Mario, Awoyo, and checked (not choked) out Leavitt.

The rest isn’t related to the quoted comment, but just Noc stream of consciousness.

Anyway, if Mario leaves it will be interesting. I think Mario is simultaneously a shitty coach and a great coach. Overall winning % says he’s elite, recruiting says he’s elite, other programs wanting to hire him, etc. Watching the games and doing the math on the recruiting says he’s far from elite. That’s why I think it will be interesting, maybe the next guy is just good and not a Schrodinger’s coach.

If a new one is needed I’d prefer Mullen. Would be okay with Wilcox. I’d probably even be okay with Moorhead. Shit, maybe Brady Hoke could even be a good coach if given the right resources and support. I’d love to make someone better say no, make them say no with their families held hostage by Nike goons, but I know that Oregon isn’t on the make them say no level USC or LSU are at.

Long before seeing Notre Dame and Oklahoma get dad dicked I’ve been under no impression that Oregon is one of the few schools that is immune. I’m in my mid-30s and in the quarter century since I’ve been old enough to understand what the fuck is going on I’ve seen Oregon have two losing seasons and 18 seasons of 9+ wins. I know one bad hire can change the trajectory, but I’ve seen an oaf with a career record of 27-47 succeed here so its difficult for my imagination to see it being fucked up too bad.
    Glad to see a supposed Duck suggest Taggart may have been successful at Oregon. I've always kind of thought that might have been the case. From what I remember, the recruiting class when he left I think was rated higher than any of the ones the Ducks have had since, and he might have focused on developing a QB that makes Andrew Luck look untalented instead of an offense that gets OL better PFF grades. That Taggart clearly wanted out of Eugene and didn't want to fan/butt boy with Oregon gets him a lot of non-weirdo points too.
    Taggart’s recruiting class wasn’t up to Cristobal’s 2019-present, more front running for publicity and WR heavy. Lots of busts from the decommits and where Ballz for ammunition for “Oregon takes SEC guys no one there wanted” came from.

You’re probably right that Herbert wouldn’t have been shat on by everyone for his last two years had Willie stayed. NFL GMs and scouts saw the diamond in the turd of Arroyo’s Oregon’s offense. Taggart’s offense could have convinced owners and fans who were blinded by Tua being surrounded by more first round picks than he’ll ever have in the NFL.