Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official invite from Softy Mahler via twitter

12346»

Comments

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,785
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Years ago I did call him out face to face and he looked like he wanted to crawl into a hole. This was at Valhalla in Kirkland. Basically called him out for being a BCC guy / homer Doog. That fat fuck won't do shit if you chat face to face.

I bet his face turned bright red as well. LOL.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,761
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Tequilla said:

1) I can't think of many people that don't realize that this program is in a better place today than it was when Sark took over - he should be thanked for that. But at the same time, it was also clear that he wasn't the answer going forward to take this program to the next level.

Fuck that. His thank you was those big ass checks he was cashing. You shouldn't get thanked for doing absolute bare minimum of your job requirements.
    this. god our fanbase is such a bunch of fucking pussies.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I absolutely agree that Sark cashed enough checks that that's his thanks for doing his job.

All I'm saying is that if you are going to concede where Sark did a good job while he was here, you could say that he turned around the culture, built up our recruiting reputation (California), and got the program back up to the minimum levels that we expect for the program. For Doogs, that's throwing them a bone and giving them a sign that you're willing to listen to their arguments and points.

There's no question that the desired levels for a coach at the University of Washington are well above and beyond what Sark did.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If you thank Sark at all you are a doog.

Simple fact. Case closed.

Disagree.

I couldn't be more thankful that he left.
  • Options
    TheHBTheHB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,425
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

JJake Bower is probably the biggest mouthbreather on there.

He was good on 24 though.

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    dnc said:

Disagree.

I'm thankful to Pat HadenFS for that.

• Options
    PurpleMicrodotPurpleMicrodot Member Posts: 66
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    whlinder said:

Tequilla said:

1) I can't think of many people that don't realize that this program is in a better place today than it was when Sark took over - he should be thanked for that. But at the same time, it was also clear that he wasn't the answer going forward to take this program to the next level.

Fuck that. His thank you was those big ass checks he was cashing. You shouldn't get thanked for doing absolute bare minimum of your job requirements.
    Adam Jood admires that quality
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,785
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2014
    haie said:

I just don't think it's that hard to recruit to Washington. People like Sark who were mediocre at it (I say this because he succeeded in select positions, a good/great recruiting class is balanced toward team needs) make excuses that are flat out bullshit. Fuck Colin Cowherd too: "You have to convince kids to come to up to rainy Seattle." Hey thanks for your opinion guy-who-went-to-Eastern. You sure know a lot of UW/Seattle. A school as rich as UW, only one in the nw with a share of a national title, but most importantly in the middle of a huge city and not some college town. I thank Sark for nothing except being the toolbag that he is and leaving in the middle of the night for SC. fucking dooglosers

This. Keep the good instate players and supplement them with Cali, Hawaii, and Zona players. That roster will be more than capable enough to win a National Championship with the right coaching.

Colin Cowherd is an fucking moron.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,761
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

I just don't think it's that hard to recruit to Washington. People like Sark who were mediocre at it (I say this because he succeeded in select positions, a good/great recruiting class is balanced toward team needs) make excuses that are flat out bullshit. Fuck Colin Cowherd too: "You have to convince kids to come to up to rainy Seattle." Hey thanks for your opinion guy-who-went-to-Eastern. You sure know a lot of UW/Seattle. A school as rich as UW, only one in the nw with a share of a national title, but most importantly in the middle of a huge city and not some college town. I thank Sark for nothing except being the toolbag that he is and leaving in the middle of the night for SC. fucking dooglosers

This. Keep the good instate players and supplement them with Cali, Hawaii, and Zona players. That roster will be more than capable enough to win a National Championship with the right coaching.

Colin Cowherd is an fucking moron.
    Cowherd especially pisses me off, because he always says that he grew up in Washington and knows everything about this place, yet he is so obviously an SC homer. He can go take his surf board and ride a fucking mudslide wave.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,169
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Bottom line, the bottom line is the bottom line ...

Can you just tell me what the bottom line is?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Disagree.

I'm thankful to Pat HadenFS for that.

I send my praises to @PatHadenFS, but Sloppy 7 still gets some of my thanks. His lazy ass could have decided it was too much trouble to LEAVE!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Bottom line, the bottom line is the bottom line ...

Can you just tell me what the bottom line is?
    The bottom line
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Swaye and Haei have HH dialed in.

Correct on Sark, he was an average recruiter. He was slightly better than Ty the lazy recruiter.

Holy fuck can't believe this Softy thread has over 100 comments !

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    I had a post a while ago showing the recruiting #s under Gilby, Ty and Sark. I looked at average per star and the ranking based on the average.

Sark's recruiting pre-Tosh was more or less equivalent to what Ty did. Maybe a tiny bit better. The last two classes were good because of Tosh, Sirmon, etc.

More importantly, if you take out the free-pub years, I think every guy was very close to being in the top 30 every year in star average.

It makes me a lot more excited about Petersen because if any fuckwad can get a top 30 class at UW in a normal year, then Petersen will probably get top 20 class or very close to it. If he has enough success the first few years then he should be able to bring in top 15 classes consistently. Given his sterling track record of game day coaching and talent development, that will position to UW to compete on the national scale.