Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Official invite from Softy Mahler via twitter

Comments

• Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Softy's a mouth breather. Don't waste your time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,453
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment blah
    Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 12h
    @LaTravDeMorris @NegaDawg @KevinShockey don't know if going from 0-12 to 9-4 sucks, but OK. Love CP

NeedsMoreTime ‏@NegaDawg 12h
    @Softykjr: @LaTravDeMorris @NegaDawg @KevinShockey don't know if going from 0-12 to 9-4 sucks, but OK. Love CP” sark didn't go 9-4 HTH

@NegaDawg @LaTravDeMorris @KevinShockey the team he recruited did. But OK, I'll use 8-4.

@Softykjr @LaTravDeMorris @KevinShockey BC of easy scheduling. Year 2 was 5-4 in conference, year 3,4, and 5 also 5-4. #incrementalprogress

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 11h
    @NegaDawg @LaTravDeMorris @KevinShockey kind of what happens when u take over an 0-12 program. Agreed progress was slower then liked. But..

@Softykjr @LaTravDeMorris Sark said his goal was to compete for rose bowls and national championships at initial presser. He never did.

@NegaDawg @LaTravDeMorris maybe he will at USC. And maybe he would have here had he stayed. Never know

@Softykjr @LaTravDeMorris what evidence was he ever going to do that at UW? During the "special" year UW was eliminated by mid October

@NegaDawg @LaTravDeMorris bottom line: Sark is gone. Program in better shape then when he showed up. All good. Let's go win a RB. Drinks?

Just look at that exchange for an example. He ducked the questions and the points I brought up and quickly changed the subject. Could you imagine this happening in PERSON and having to associate yourself with Softy? Yea fuck that.....
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    At least in person you can hold him to the fire more and call him on ducking the questions in a respectful manner that either requires him to answer or just get up and leave.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

At least in person you can hold him to the fire more and call him on ducking the questions in a respectful manner that either requires him to answer or just get up and leave.

No you can't because in person it's much easier to get off topic and YOU especially of all people would.

• Options
    Not a chance with Softy ...

If anything, it would become obvious that Softy wouldn't get off of his talking points and trying to get him to open his mind against his anchored position would be akin to beating a dead horse (hi Kim).
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Not a chance with Softy ...

If anything, it would become obvious that Softy wouldn't get off of his talking points and trying to get him to open his mind against his anchored position would be akin to beating a dead horse (hi Kim).

He'd just give up like he does with Peter or like he did with me on twitter. Only in person he'd be like "Come on man, we are all dawgs here! Let's enjoy this day and cheers!"

I know types like Softy, he'd give up after 5 minutes and then you'd be stuck hanging out with Softy the whole time
  • Options
    If you look at the Honks, you see where each have their shtick ...

Hugh is the former player that is the stat geek and has the tendency to fly off the handle at mediocrity ... he's not willing to settle

Dick is the protector of coaches but knows that a good program is built off of sound recruiting and player development ... his biggest fault is that he thinks that all coaches are capable of that

Softy is the cheerleader that runs the emotions of whatever is going on at the time. When things are good, he's jumping up and down. When not so good, he's as pissed as anybody. In the grand scheme of things, the bottom line is that Softy is unable to separate his emotions from his opinions.

The common theme amongst those who were critical of Sark was that it was never personal, it was just strictly business. He wasn't good enough to get us to a level where we could win the conference. We know what that looks like and we know his teams didn't possess the necessary abilities to get that out of a team because he couldn't practice that day to day in his own life and asking his players to do that just screams of hypocrisy that 18-22 year old kids can sniff out as quick as a jock sniffing sorority slut ready for a positional group gangbang.

It's also the reason why so many of us are so bullish on Petersen. He possesses the elements and traits you associate with a good coach. He's got a track record that proves he's a good coach. The early returns are showing that he's a good coach.

• Options
    unfrozencavemanunfrozencaveman Member Posts: 2,303
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I recommend a small delegation attend in case of a ruse/surprise attack...this group will consist of Puppy, More Cock, and one another (to be voted on by the bored)
  • Options
    I'm not willing to step across that line ...

There were very clear reasons to be critical of Keith as a QB good enough to get you to a mediocre level (say 5-4) in the conference but not to a championship.

Being critical of Russell Wilson because of his "height" isn't that huge of a reach. The miss with him was that his intangibles are off the chart and that there's a part of him that is revolutionizing the QB position. It was very obvious very quickly that Wilson was going to be a championship winning QB once on the NFL field ... even Huge agreed with that quickly.
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Tequilla said:

If you look at the Honks, you see where each have their shtick ...

Hugh is the former player that is the stat geek and has the tendency to fly off the handle at mediocrity.. he's not willing to settle

Dick is the protector of coaches but knows that a good program is built off of sound recruiting and player development ... his biggest fault is that he thinks that all coaches are capable of that

Softy is the cheerleader that runs the emotions of whatever is going on at the time. When things are good, he's jumping up and down. When not so good, he's as pissed as anybody. In the grand scheme of things, the bottom line is that Softy is unable to separate his emotions from his opinions.

Under Ty he would but under Sark he never once did. He would always state that Sark is doing things the right way and is better than Ty. He was enabling mediocrity if anything.

Fuck Hugh! Seriously fuck him! He's the worst of the three IMO because he should know better. Like you said Baird is the Doog coach homer, Softy is fucking retarded. Hugh never once questioned Sark's job. He was always quick to blame it on Price.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

I'm not willing to step across that line ...

There were very clear reasons to be critical of Keith Sark as a QB HC good enough to get you to a mediocre level (say 5-4) in the conference but not to a championship.

Fixed and yea he never once questioned Sark. Not once.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,965
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

dnc said:

After battling on twitter all night where he said stuff like Sark went from 0-12 to 9-4. He challenged me and anyone in here to meet him in person to chat to HIS FACE!!!!

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 11m
    @NegaDawg I'll tell u what. Open invite to you and every other "HHB" who would like to sit down in person. Until then I'll assume you'd...

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 11m
    @NegaDawg ..rather just hide behind your Twitter account.

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 9m
    @NegaDawg and if u want to play it that way, you've just given all HHB's a bad name. Met Rip Ty in Vegas. Only one.

Dave Softy Mahler ‏@Softykjr 7m
    @NegaDawg nope. Just met him in Vegas. Good dude. No problem with him. None

Sounds like Cheers has actually met him. Could be interesting. Speaking for myself I don't plan on meeting up with him for drinks as I don't care to. For those who do though here is the invite. For Road,Chest and Little Jimmy here is a chance to possibly set up an interview with him.

I'm there as long as Softy's buying. I hear he's loaded.

Of course, he's a Jew.
    ($75k)?!?!? Or does that fall under the
    15-yard unsportsmanlike category?

Ich glaube, es ist Fülle.
  • Options
    Granted I probably don't listen to Hugh as much as others do, but I could have sworn that I've heard him say on a few instances that the program should have been in a better position and that by the end of last year that while he wasn't directly coming out and saying that Sark should be fired, he wasn't offering up a lot of support for him. The best support he was giving was "he's better than Tyrone" ... which is far from a ringing endorsement.
  • Options
    Tequilla said:

Granted I probably don't listen to Hugh as much as others do, but I could have sworn that I've heard him say on a few instances that the program should have been in a better position and that by the end of last year that while he wasn't directly coming out and saying that Sark should be fired, he wasn't offering up a lot of support for him. The best support he was giving was "he's better than Tyrone" ... which is far from a ringing endorsement.

After UCLA loss he was still talking about how Sark is "doing things the right way" and he's just not ready to say he needs to be replaced. Then started trashing on Ty to show how "far" we've came under Sark.

I have no doubts Hugh believed in Sark.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I like the combination of "Sark left the program in better shape" and "OMG things were so fucking terrible we went 0-12 and had the worst roster ever" arguments. Who wasn't going to leave the program in better shape under those conditions?

THIS

• Options

I like the combination of "Sark left the program in better shape" and "OMG things were so fucking terrible we went 0-12 and had the worst roster ever" arguments. Who wasn't going to leave the program in better shape under those conditions?

By that shit tier argument of leaving the program in better shape than he inherited you could say Ty did his job since there was more talent in 2009 roster than 2005.

That argument is fucktarded and pulling an AuburnDoog. If someone told you at that initial KICK ASS presser Sark would go 34-29, 31-29 vs FBS, 19-17 vs conference and have his best season be 5-4 in conference play you would have said that was a failure.

Yet Doogs now move the Goal Posts and say shit like "well the program is better off than when he got here. We were 0-12 what did you expect? "