Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Comments

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Saying that Smalls is lazy or has a low motor is really fucking stupid, especially because it implies that there are plays where he looks good.

It feels racist. I don’t think i’ve seen a play at UW that would be considered low motor. He’s just physically not all the way there yet.
    Maybe the people criticizing him are racist, or maybe it's just simply an assumption that the guy who had 5 stars next to his name since he was 13 should be making plays, and a lack of plays signals a low motor. Personally, I'm not going to pretend to know if it's low motor or just lack of ability. Hopefully it's the former because that can be fixed. But either way he's done nothing to emerge at an impact position group that was decimated by injuries. Always LIPO. But right now I'm pretty comfortable in observing that he's a JAG until he's not.
    Lack of plays signal a low motor when we rush 3 on like every pass down? He’s physically not there yet. It takes time. He’s ahead of the curve. Let it play out and stop question his motor because he’s a 5 star kid that dogged it against the fighting Derek Johnson’s.

He’ll get there jfc. He’s played like fucking 6 games and already has 11 pressures according to PFF.
    Your Smalls obsession is noted. But you forgot option B, which is that he might not ever get there. He wouldn't be the first local blue chip to flame-out under the tutelage of dogshit coaches.

Either way, your track record of dooging for "elite" recruits is uh, not great, to put it mildly. Plenty of room here on the "everyone sucks until they don't" bandwagon. You should hop aboard for once and leave the prognostications to experts like pumpy.
    I was wrong on three guys so I must be wrong on Smalls thing is getting old. Find a new slant!
    Three guys overall or just on the Final Four basketball squad?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Saying that Smalls is lazy or has a low motor is really fucking stupid, especially because it implies that there are plays where he looks good.

It feels racist. I don’t think i’ve seen a play at UW that would be considered low motor. He’s just physically not all the way there yet.
    Maybe the people criticizing him are racist, or maybe it's just simply an assumption that the guy who had 5 stars next to his name since he was 13 should be making plays, and a lack of plays signals a low motor. Personally, I'm not going to pretend to know if it's low motor or just lack of ability. Hopefully it's the former because that can be fixed. But either way he's done nothing to emerge at an impact position group that was decimated by injuries. Always LIPO. But right now I'm pretty comfortable in observing that he's a JAG until he's not.
    Lack of plays signal a low motor when we rush 3 on like every pass down? He’s physically not there yet. It takes time. He’s ahead of the curve. Let it play out and stop question his motor because he’s a 5 star kid that dogged it against the fighting Derek Johnson’s.

He’ll get there jfc. He’s played like fucking 6 games and already has 11 pressures according to PFF.
    Your Smalls obsession is noted. But you forgot option B, which is that he might not ever get there. He wouldn't be the first local blue chip to flame-out under the tutelage of dogshit coaches.

Either way, your track record of dooging for "elite" recruits is uh, not great, to put it mildly. Plenty of room here on the "everyone sucks until they don't" bandwagon. You should hop aboard for once and leave the prognostications to experts like pumpy.
    I was wrong on three guys so I must be wrong on Smalls thing is getting old. Find a new slant!
    Three guys overall or just on the Final Four basketball squad?
    Good thing college basketball isn’t real life like college football
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    ntxduck said:

People aren’t going to want to hear this but Washington high school football is…not great. And the 5* kids who come from WA (and OR when there is rarely one) get exposed when they’re no longer playing against a bunch of 5’8 165 lb white dudes and being able to dominate solely by being the most athletic guy on the field by miles.

It's not as good as California, but it's better than Hawaii, Utah, or Arizona. It's been the 2nd best state west of Texas for forever and it's not that close.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2021

ntxduck said:

People aren’t going to want to hear this but Washington high school football is…not great. And the 5* kids who come from WA (and OR when there is rarely one) get exposed when they’re no longer playing against a bunch of 5’8 165 lb white dudes and being able to dominate solely by being the most athletic guy on the field by miles.

It's not as good as California, but it's better than Hawaii, Utah, or Arizona. It's been the 2nd best state west of Texas for forever and it's not that close.
    I think AZ eclipsed it a few years ago in the # of high rated (blue chips) guys produced.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

I think AZ eclipsed it a few years ago in the # of high rated (blue chips) guys produced.
    Either way, high school football sucks nationwide. Outside of a handful of leagues in a tiny collection of states, these kids are playing junk competition week in and week out. Kennedy Catholic still played in a league that was probably in the 95th percentile of leagues across the country. That's why there's such a bias towards the concentration of players in TX, CA, FL, etc. that play in the few competitive leagues that exist. It's just that much easier to evaluate them.
  • Options
    Kingdome_UrinalsKingdome_Urinals Member Posts: 2,606
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes
    Savvy was not that good in high school. He's actually probably better in college. How many 5 stars record like 0 tackles and 0 sacks in the jr. and sr. years of HS?

To support BTP he did look sudden on that one hit he had in the first quarter against Ark. St.

However, he still has not developed any DE-style moves that lead to regular QB pressure. Not very twitchy at that position.

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

People suggesting Smalls is overrated are Trump suppering racists.

Tim really is a flat circle and I'm truly gutted and sick to my stomach reading this.

Suggesting he’s lazy with literally no evidence other than dogging it against fucking Woodinville (oh no!) feels odd.
    Steve @Emoterman never took a play off.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Savvy was not that good in high school. He's actually probably better in college. How many 5 stars record like 0 tackles and 0 sacks in the jr. and sr. years of HS?

To support BTP he did look sudden on that one hit he had in the first quarter against Ark. St.

However, he still has not developed any DE-style moves that lead to regular QB pressure. Not very twitchy at that position.

He had a couple but that’s why it was crazy he was a 5 star. It should have been incredibly easy for him to dominate. There were dudes that were unstoppable in my league that went to Central and Eastern. These offensive lineman in high school football are fucking terrible.
    This. And that was a solid league.

Smalls is a 3 maybe low 4 star recruit based on on the field performance.

The rankings dudes didnt want to admit it was a miss.

My numbers in high school were not much different than Savvys at Olb
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

He had a couple but that’s why it was crazy he was a 5 star. It should have been incredibly easy for him to dominate. There were dudes that were unstoppable in my league that went to Central and Eastern. These offensive lineman in high school football are fucking terrible.
    This. And that was a solid league.

Smalls is a 3 maybe low 4 star recruit based on on the field performance.

The rankings dudes didnt want to admit it was a miss.

My numbers in high school were not much different than Savvys at Olb
    I don’t wanna shit on him too hard because he might turn out okay. The pass everyone gives him is fucking crazy tho. Compare the Smalls thread to McDonald’s. If someone said McDonald would be better than Smalls the post would get buried by wtf’s and downvotes.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

- fan of a team whose state is a fucking wasteland of high school talent. Even that retard from estacada.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,922
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

This thread

It's getting to be like the Antebellum South around here
    I know you're being sarcasmic but there was no KKK in the Antebellum souf.
    *souwf
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,621
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

haie said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

- fan of a team whose state is a fucking wasteland of high school talent. Even that retard from estacada.
    What the fuck does this have to do with anything? Show me where on the doll the duck hurt you...
    Don't stifle the angry hillbilly rants and bursts of irrelevant aggression. The quality of entertainment on this forum would only decrease.
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    haie said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Oregon high school fb is a joke. Maybe you missed that in the original post.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    Swaye's Wigwam
    ntxduck said:

haie said:

ntxduck said:

ntxduck said:

Oregon high school fb is a joke. Maybe you missed that in the original post.
    Just felt you needed to be reminded, one more time, about how mickey mouse "your" state is, and always will be.