Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Anyone seen or heard from him?

5 star…just wondering.

Comments

• Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,183
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Played well today

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,494
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He played today and I saw him have one nice play that forced the QB to throw a shitty pass, and he was fired up about it afterwards.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,054
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    There's a reason the coaches in whatever AA game he was in had to keep moving him around, and it wasn't versatility. I dunno where his hype came from, sophomore film I guess? He got bigger and stiffer huhuhuh. His rep as a pass rusher was one of the more confusing things of the last few cycles.
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,053
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    To be fair, in the second half I remember that Kennedy starting using Smalls as a running back and he was gaining yards.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    I think he’ll be fine. Covid year doesn’t count. This is his true freshman year. LIPO.
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not ready to give up on him being great but he will need to take some steps over the next few games
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,523
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If he had been a 3 star, they would have redshirted him.

The D needs more FF, INTs, Sacks, and TFLs. If the secondary is so good, they should be able to handle UW blitzing more (starting vs. Cal).
  • Options
    insinceredawginsinceredawg Member Posts: 5,117
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

If the grad asst turned DL Coach cannot coach him up, he must be trash.

Malloe is his position coach
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,859
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I focused on him towards the end. He didn’t look good to me, but I didn’t watch the whole game.

He needs to be humbled and know he’s not going to be any good unless he works at it. His high school coaches all failed him and he loved and believed the hype.

Cooper McDonald starts over him. 5 star prospects should be making noise by year two.

Like I said at that Woodinville-Kennedy game from 2019... During pre-game warm-ups Smalls struts out to midfield and just stares menacingly at the Woodinville players, and the Woodinville guys didn't seem to pay it any mind.

By halftime, Woodinville was ahead 31-7 and Smalls was JAG.

I completely agree with Roadie, he needs a Come to Jesus Moment badly in order to maximize his above average physical skills
    8th grade super star clap clap clap clap clap.

• Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    He’s a tweener. Too big to play traditional LB, too small and not fast twitch enough to rush the passer consistently. He doesn’t really strike me as an elite athlete watching him, either.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,620
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s a tweener. Too big to play traditional LB, too small and not fast twitch enough to rush the passer consistently. He doesn’t really strike me as an elite athlete watching him, either.

I watched a few highlights on my phone last night. I watched Smalls chase a play downfield. He looked slow as fuck...slower than Tafisi who I previously felt was the slowest player on the UW defense (DTs included).