Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It would help our pass rushers to call a few more pressure packages and a few less 6x DB formations.

Smalls looked slow and not very instinctive on a few plays, but we also rush 3 or 4 against 5 blockers on 3rd and long - prime pass-rushing downs. That doesn't help our defensive ends who are measured by their ability to get sacks when they're left on double team island on downs where every other program in the world sends pressure.

He's the Best Husky Player Ever.

Just ask his Fellaters in Chief, DDY and Coker.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,148
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

hardhat said:

I think he’ll be fine. Covid year doesn’t count. This is his true freshman year. LIPO.

Like Culp?
    @backthepack 's favorite players

Smalls
    Culp
    Asa
    Cam Davis
    Sounds familiar
  • Options
    Smalls you’re killing me
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

hardhat said:

I think he’ll be fine. Covid year doesn’t count. This is his true freshman year. LIPO.

Like Culp?
    @backthepack 's favorite players

Smalls
    Culp
    Asa
    Cam Davis
    And you’re still a faggot? What’s your point?
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

I feel like Smalls is taking some unnecessary heat here. He hasn't been amazing but he's played solid for the 7? games he's played

No he hasnt. And he's behind McDonald who also has done nothing
  • Options
    CanadawgCanadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,056
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

I feel like Smalls is taking some unnecessary heat here. He hasn't been amazing but he's played solid for the 7? games he's played

I'm sure you know this but ill remind you that for most plays as a defensive player you don't want to be noticed. 81% of the time you get noticed on defence by screwing up.

Last year he was noticeably around the qb alot which bodes well
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

I'm sure you know this but ill remind you that for most plays as a defensive player you don't want to be noticed. 81% of the time you get noticed on defence by screwing up.

Bullshit.
  • Options
    thechatchthechatch Member Posts: 5,570
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    He’s no Brandon Buckner….
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

No he wasn't. And in the games he started (Furd) he was driven off the ball 50 yards by the OT.

We had this debate in the offseason. All his tackles averaged to 4.5 yards down the field. As a DE that means youvd lost contain. Think he is looking for sack number 1 as well.

He will get better and I hope he gets a lot better, but in 7 games he is currently a JAG
  • Options
    CarlosDangerCarlosDanger Member Posts: 189
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Canadawg said:

You seem to be confusing DL with OL?

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

You seem to be confusing DL with OL?

Hope this helps.
    Yes I did thanks!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Canadawg said:

Canadawg said:

No he wasn't. And in the games he started (Furd) he was driven off the ball 50 yards by the OT.

We had this debate in the offseason. All his tackles averaged to 4.5 yards down the field. As a DE that means youvd lost contain. Think he is looking for sack number 1 as well.

He will get better and I hope he gets a lot better, but in 7 games he is currently a JAG
    Well I agree with what you said. I think he's been solid overall though and I could see him still getting it to another level this year