Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Comments

• Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Smalls probably bought into the hype and got lazy in HS and is just starting to realize how much more work he has to do now that he's in college.

We saw ZTF blow up last year, so maybe with some conditioning and coaching, he'll figure things out
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The only guy more overrated than Smalls is Thibodeaux.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    He’s had 1 offseason of lifting. It took ZTF 3 years to pop. He’ll be fine.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,055
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Kaepsknee said:

The only guy more overrated than Smalls is Thibodeaux.

Shut

The

Fuck

Up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qU95nB9KlGQ

Oh and another strip sack fumble against FSU this year.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,895
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

I focused on him towards the end. He didn’t look good to me, but I didn’t watch the whole game.

He needs to be humbled and know he’s not going to be any good unless he works at it. His high school coaches all failed him and he loved and believed the hype.

Cooper McDonald starts over him. 5 star prospects should be making noise by year two.

Like I said at that Woodinville-Kennedy game from 2019... During pre-game warm-ups Smalls struts out to midfield and just stares menacingly at the Woodinville players, and the Woodinville guys didn't seem to pay it any mind.

By halftime, Woodinville was ahead 31-7 and Smalls was JAG.

I completely agree with Roadie, he needs a Come to Jesus Moment badly in order to maximize his above average physical skills
    Yep, I remember you posting about it. Kind of like when you watched Sirmon and said he wasn’t very good, the tbsers were a little salty. A five star front 7 player from Washington should be absolutely dominating. Kennedy had a couple other guys on defense that had D-1 offers and a couple FCS kids too. I don’t get how they had such a shitty defense.

I thought Smalls looked okay last year. He belongs, but I don’t see an elite player and never really have.
    #myLancers
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Did Joe T ever pop? I mean dude is a beat now, especially with Vita taking on 3 blockers himself. Give Smalls time
  • Options

Did Joe T ever pop? I mean dude is a beat now, especially with Vita taking on 3 blockers himself. Give Smalls time
    He had 9 sacks in a season with a crazy high pressure rate. Yeah he did.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited September 2021

Lifting? Seriously? ZTF at least always looked like he could play football. This isn't a athleticism thing, it's a can't play football thing. I don't think he should be close to writing off, but it is far from something that has to do with weight lifting, the guy is already huge.
  • Options

He had 9 sacks in a season with a crazy high pressure rate. Yeah he did.
    Not getting to see the 2020 front with ZTF popping, Tryon looking like he looks in the NFL now and Levi was a crime and I'm usually anti-doog and was never huge on Tryon or Levi.
    That would have been disgusting. Really sucks.
  • Options

Lifting? Seriously? ZTF at least always looked like he could play football. This isn't a athleticism thing, it's a can't play football thing. I don't think he should be close to writing off, but it is far from something that has to do with weight lifting, the guy is already huge.
    Watch Utah last year, he was really good. He’s just a little stiff at the moment. I think he’ll be fine. He’s big but he needs to convert that body fat into muscle. He will. For someone so big he wasn't really that physically mature coming in. He looked explosive on that rush early in the game where he killed Blackmon. He flashes here and there which should have been the expectation for this and last year anyways.
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Or he won't. What isn't fine is that he's firmly on the left end of the bell curve of where 5-stars are performing by year two.
    If he sucks next year then it’s a problem. I doubt he will though. He does his job for the most part and flashes here and there.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Or he won't. What isn't fine is that he's firmly on the left end of the bell curve of where 5-stars are performing by year two.
    If he sucks next year then it’s a problem. I doubt he will though. He does his job for the most part and flashes here and there.
    Agreed. But I'm here to declare the early death of all things Husky football, and Smalls is not exempt!
  • Options
    He’s way ahead of ZTF and Tryon were in their second year at this point. Just let it play out.
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

He’s way ahead of ZTF and Tryon were in their second year at this point. Just let it play out.

Is he? Not that it's that relevant since both of those guys were projects and nowhere near college ready when they came into the program. The concern with Smalls is that he's already hit his ceiling. But Tryon was flashing by the end of his RS freshman year. If Smalls can have an Apple Cup like he did in 2018 then I'll be a lot more confident about him heading into 2022.
  • Options

Is he? Not that it's that relevant since both of those guys were projects and nowhere near college ready when they came into the program. The concern with Smalls is that he's already hit his ceiling. But Tryon was flashing by the end of his RS freshman year. If Smalls can have an Apple Cup like he did in 2018 then I'll be a lot more confident about him heading into 2022.
    Did either of them get this many snaps this early as a RS FR?