Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Smalls

Comments

• Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,920
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

He’s had 1 offseason of lifting. It took ZTF 3 years to pop. He’ll be fine.

I hope you’re right fudgie but I think this is doogin.

Also, why are you ever other comment here? You’re worse than me.
  • Options
    EwaDawgEwaDawg Member Posts: 3,992
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He’s had 1 offseason of lifting. It took ZTF 3 years to pop. He’ll be fine.

I hope you’re right fudgie but I think this is doogin.

Also, why are you ever other comment here? You’re worse than me.
    I know. Fudgie was actually contributing for a while. Now he appears to be back to shitpoasting with a "broken clock is right twice a day" vibe.

J F C
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Dooging because i’m saying LIPO on a DL? It’s almost like it’s harder to acclimate and get up to speed the closer you get to the football. He’s flashed traits. If he isn't good by the time he leaves it’s on the coaches. Socha and Malloe.
  • Options
    It’s also kinda hard to get pressures when you’re rushing 3 and dropping 8 in every single passing down. He’ll get there.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Ikaika needs to wake up and realize that DC role is not in his cards and he needs go back to coaching D Line
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,920
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Dooging because i’m saying LIPO on a DL? It’s almost like it’s harder to acclimate and get up to speed the closer you get to the football. He’s flashed traits. If he isn't good by the time he leaves it’s on the coaches. Socha and Malloe.

His work ethic and motivation have been questioned. I think there might be something to that. I don’t think that ZTF lacked/lacks that.

I’m sick of LIPO’s. A fucking 5 star needs to figure it out now. I’m impatient damn it.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    It's clear his recruiting ranking was off so better to treat him as a 4 star. With that in mind, maybe the light will go off for him in the 2nd half of the season.
  • Options

His work ethic and motivation have been questioned. I think there might be something to that. I don’t think that ZTF lacked/lacks that.

I’m sick of LIPO’s. A fucking 5 star needs to figure it out now. I’m impatient damn it.
    This is the whitest shit I have ever heard. Work ethic being questioned by who? HH user Road Dwag?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,378
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

This is the whitest shit I have ever heard. Work ethic being questioned by who? HH user Road Dwag?
    Natural talent who needs more time in the film room
  • Options

Natural talent who needs more time in the film room
    I’m hearing Draco works harder than Savell. He’s a real coach’s son, lives in the film room, gym rat, lunch pail kinda guy.
  • Options

Saying that Smalls is lazy or has a low motor is really fucking stupid, especially because it implies that there are plays where he looks good.

It feels racist. I don’t think i’ve seen a play at UW that would be considered low motor. He’s just physically not all the way there yet.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Gladstone said:

Less interested in Smalls discussion (he'll be fine) and more about Carson looking like an actual football player at a position of desperate need. Thank the fucking lord.

Was Carson that much better than Sirmon?
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,444
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Less interested in Smalls discussion (he'll be fine) and more about Carson looking like an actual football player at a position of desperate need. Thank the fucking lord.

Was Carson that much better than Sirmon?
    Yes, especially in space. Will need to see him against Pac-12 comp but it was encouraging
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2021
    Doogles said:

Kaepsknee said:

The only guy more overrated than Smalls is Thibodeaux.

Disagree. Thibidoux going top5 in draft. Also made plays in Rose Bowl and popped off.

I'm out of the shit talking Oregon scene. We're their bitch until we're not.
    Dion Jordan says Hi.

At least He put up consistent numbers in college though.
  • Options

The lack of improvement dating back to his sophomore year of high school can’t be ignored.

Let’s talk “tools.” Is he especially quick or fast? Is he a beast at the point of attack? Are his instincts special? I don’t see anything that stands out. I agree, give him more time, but it’s simply a prediction based on following the kid for 4-5 years.

Again, Cooper McDonald, the guy you and many others hated, starts over him.
    Please go watch the burst he has on the pressure he got on the 1st or 2nd drive of the game. Starters? Dude we rotate like hockey lines. They get the same amount of snaps. Please go watch his natural power he displayed on his bull rushes against Utah as a true freshmen. He has tools. This is just a strange hill to die on.
  • Options
    dtddtd Member Posts: 4,054
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2021

Saying that Smalls is lazy or has a low motor is really fucking stupid, especially because it implies that there are plays where he looks good.

It feels racist. I don’t think i’ve seen a play at UW that would be considered low motor. He’s just physically not all the way there yet.
    It is racist, and yet it also has nothing to do with his need for S&C. His athleticism didn't scale as he grew, that's it. He's a SDE with above average athleticism for the position, not any type of pass rushing edge or blow shit up 1 gapper unless he's moving inside on obvious passing downs.