Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Travels With Mabel

1161718192022»

Comments

• Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,492
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

Seeing as I am stationary for a few more months - not much going on but did have a good beer today. Went to Tapped Public House for lunch - yuppie as shit, but decent over-priced food (what place isn't?) and had a Ravenna Luna Stout - the waitress or waiter, still trying to figure it out, called it Mexican Luna Stout. They have a good selection of tap brews

She called it a Mexican stout because that's the style of beer that it is. That style happens to be my favorite, actually, with Abraxas from Perennial Brewing in St. Louis being the best I've found. Heavy stout with chilies and cinnamon and usually other goodies.

If you're into that sort of thing, head up to Structures in Bellingham. On tap right now is a big stout conditioned on vanilla, Ladyfingers, cacao, coconut, and cream cheese. *chef's kiss*
    That beer makes me want to visit my inlaws
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

Seeing as I am stationary for a few more months - not much going on but did have a good beer today. Went to Tapped Public House for lunch - yuppie as shit, but decent over-priced food (what place isn't?) and had a Ravenna Luna Stout - the waitress or waiter, still trying to figure it out, called it Mexican Luna Stout. They have a good selection of tap brews

She called it a Mexican stout because that's the style of beer that it is. That style happens to be my favorite, actually, with Abraxas from Perennial Brewing in St. Louis being the best I've found. Heavy stout with chilies and cinnamon and usually other goodies.

If you're into that sort of thing, head up to Structures in Bellingham. On tap right now is a big stout conditioned on vanilla, Ladyfingers, cacao, coconut, and cream cheese. *chef's kiss*
    The Luna Stout pepper after taste is good enough - cream cheese? coconut? what the hell are ladyfingers?
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,305
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

The Luna Stout pepper after taste is good enough - cream cheese? coconut? what the hell are ladyfingers?
    Christmas cookies:

It's a tiramisu stout.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,862
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Christmas cookies:

It's a tiramisu stout.
    Ladyfingers superiority guy. Every bored has one.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Christmas cookies:

It's a tiramisu stout.
    Looks like a cookie dildo.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,893
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Christmas cookies:

It's a tiramisu stout.
    Or a well endowed lesbian biscuits.
    I LOL’d.
  • Options
    SECDAWGSECDAWG Member Posts: 5,004
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

LebamDawg said:

LebamDawg said:

Christmas cookies:

It's a tiramisu stout.
    Or a well endowed lesbian biscuits.
    I LOL’d.

Same.
  • Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,541
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    being stout ales are one of my favorites; not with flavoring - coffee, chocolate, cinnamon, etc those just ruin a good stout, but I ran across one of these puppies the other day, Samuel Smith Oatmeal Stout. I had it for an appetizer

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Fuck 22 degrees - it's BBQ tim

Where's the wings, boss?