Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Travels With Mabel

Comments

• Options
    LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,545
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Update 2

The pain sets in. Movement is real good but trying to get comfortable for a good nights sleep is impossible. Got an air mattress that fits the most uncomfortable sofa bed so was able to sleep in bits and pieces without disrupting MrsIAmNotInLebam. Too much anyway.

The problem is the staples and stitches that will not be removed for another week. I see the doc in a week and I hope to hell the plan is to remove all that stuff. The patch is cushioned and waterproof and is difficult to get into a good sleeping position.

Being the beginning of football season - I am glad he was able to get the bruising into UW colors

The tape and bandage do not move at all so it limits movement on the knee.
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,898
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    T’s and P’s
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,924
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck, man. Hope you heal up quickly.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck, man. Hope you heal up quickly.

I was just at physical therapy and they say the motion I have is amazing for less than a week after surgery. They are not sure if I need more, but I have 3 scheduled. The problem is trying to get comfortable to sleep for 6-8 hours. I have pain meds but hate taking them. (a sign of old age?) That is something I never thought I would ever type. The bruising is normal, while I was under the doc did range of motion on the knee, then installed the fake knee, redid range of motion, glued and screwed, did range of motion again, stitched and stapled me up and did range of motion again. Bruising happens, purple and gold was just a benefit - I have a doogy leg to go with my doogy watch.

Tuesday the doc decides when I can drive and when I get that offing bandage off with stitches removed.

And I do not need a walker or cane - gave that stuff up one day after surgery
  • Options
    CFetters_Nacho_LoverCFetters_Nacho_Lover Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 28,898
    Founders Club
    LebamDawg said:

Update 3
    Knee is fine. The surgeon gave me 5000 (approx) medicines to take - one is called Diclofenax. Diclofenax is an anti-inflammatory to keep swelling down. the fine details about it though make it a flammatory to the intestines. I spent 6 hours in the ER on Tuesday afternoon into the evening with intestinal bleeding. That will scare the hell out of you. Had a CT scan where the ER doctor stated the inflammation was associated with Crohn's disease. I argued that the meds that I was taking was causing the problem.
    So as I got released from captivity of the ER they dosed me with an IV of Amoxicillin and a prescription for Amox. Wednesday got the meds and am taking horse pill sized tablets of it. Just amazing, the infection (not inflammation) cured everything up and all is back to normal.

Further investigation by me - Mayo Clinic website for Crohn's disease states that medications can cause Crohn's disease like symptoms and they mention N-Saids and others then specifically lists Diclofenax as a prime cause. Asshole doctors are trying to kill me. In the last 6 years I have found 5 prescribed medications all have had adverse reactions - They are KILLING me I tell you.
    My normal life style of eating and drinking what ever I feel like, which doctors cringe at, does my body better than what the doctors do for me.

That is all, staples and bandage removed from knee btw

The amount of medications given to fight the side effects of other medications always amazes me. T’s and P’s to your bloody asshole!
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,861
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    LebamDawg said:

Update 3
    Knee is fine. The surgeon gave me 5000 (approx) medicines to take - one is called Diclofenax. Diclofenax is an anti-inflammatory to keep swelling down. the fine details about it though make it a flammatory to the intestines. I spent 6 hours in the ER on Tuesday afternoon into the evening with intestinal bleeding. That will scare the hell out of you. Had a CT scan where the ER doctor stated the inflammation was associated with Crohn's disease. I argued that the meds that I was taking was causing the problem.
    So as I got released from captivity of the ER they dosed me with an IV of Amoxicillin and a prescription for Amox. Wednesday got the meds and am taking horse pill sized tablets of it. Just amazing, the infection (not inflammation) cured everything up and all is back to normal.

Further investigation by me - Mayo Clinic website for Crohn's disease states that medications can cause Crohn's disease like symptoms and they mention N-Saids and others then specifically lists Diclofenax as a prime cause. Asshole doctors are trying to kill me. In the last 6 years I have found 5 prescribed medications all have had adverse reactions - They are KILLING me I tell you.
    My normal life style of eating and drinking what ever I feel like, which doctors cringe at, does my body better than what the doctors do for me.

That is all, staples and bandage removed from knee btw

Have you considered Ivermectin?

TTTTT, I know.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited September 2023

The amount of medications given to fight the side effects of other medications always amazes me. T’s and P’s to your bloody asshole!

New Board Motto?
  • Options
    Founders Club

New Board Motto?
    I thought it’s been around as a bored motto since the beginning?
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,518
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doctors seem like they only know how to follow complicated instructions handed to them by pharmaceutical companies.

Slap an ice pack and some BenGay on it.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,938
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Well now back up in Anacortes - the humble abode - it is like we are the only ones here although pictures can be misleading. There is a few folks up here for the winter. Brrrrrrr I hope is not a major factor this year.

Why are you not in Palm Springs or some other wintertime old people spot ?
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2023
    I am married - give you two guesses where MrsIamNotinLebam's relatives live. I will not hold my breath waiting for an answer
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Travels with Yella Downunder edition lying in wait
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

How long are you gonna be down under? remember - we? needs pics of Aussie Babes
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

2 weeks
  • Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,310
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    LebamDawg said:

Seeing as I am stationary for a few more months - not much going on but did have a good beer today. Went to Tapped Public House for lunch - yuppie as shit, but decent over-priced food (what place isn't?) and had a Ravenna Luna Stout - the waitress or waiter, still trying to figure it out, called it Mexican Luna Stout. They have a good selection of tap brews

She called it a Mexican stout because that's the style of beer that it is. That style happens to be my favorite, actually, with Abraxas from Perennial Brewing in St. Louis being the best I've found. Heavy stout with chilies and cinnamon and usually other goodies.

If you're into that sort of thing, head up to Structures in Bellingham. On tap right now is a big stout conditioned on vanilla, Ladyfingers, cacao, coconut, and cream cheese. *chef's kiss*
  • Options
    Founders Club

LebamDawg said:

2 weeks
    Is that enough time for a walk about?