Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deep thoughts

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,544
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
The people who like Petersen the most tend to not like the Jimmy hire the most

The people who don't like Petersen the most tend to like the Jimmy hire

Petersen demoted his DC to keep Jimmy and then all but hired himself to succeed him

He is a Petersen recruit

I should hate him.

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,274
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Petersen demoted his DC to keep Jimmy and then all but hired himself to succeed him

He is a Petersen recruit

I should hate him.

I was over Petermen and am pretty sure Jimmy is going to be a down grade so...
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    All I want is for Jimmy to get a fair trial. This is America after all.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,604
    Is he really that bad? Aside from Jen screwing you over you guys prob would have won the pac
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
    Founders Club
    haie said:

Is he really that bad? Aside from Jen screwing you over you guys prob would have won the pac

Agree with this. I'm mostly with Race but I fall for the TBS/Branding shit.

But what's gone completely unsaid on this site is that after 2019 most of the good seniors/juniors dipped after the Vegas bowl.

After 2020 Jimmy got all of his guys to stay.

We're a veteran team this year. Fuck ESPN and the limp dick Pac media, there's no excuse for Washington not to roll.
    That's my narrative
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,246
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021
    haie said:

But what's gone completely unsaid on this site is that after 2019 most of the good seniors/juniors dipped after the Vegas bowl.

We're a veteran team this year. Fuck ESPN and the limp dick Pac media, there's no excuse for Washington not to roll.
    Lets hope so...

The 2019 team was pretty upper class heavy... issue was the majority of them had zilch for talent, lacked prototypical athletic traits and seemingly didn't care whether they won or lost.

Kyler Manu, Brandon Wellington, Andre Bashitti and many more come to mind.

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,634
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I dont think 2020 gave us much to go on. There were good things and some pretty bad, and the competition wasn't real high end.

But I still acknowledge that it's not fubar. Gotta start by winning, I guess, and that can still happen.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,535
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021

haie said:

Lets hope so...

The 2019 team was pretty upper class heavy... issue was the majority of them had zilch for talent, lacked prototypical athletic traits and seemingly didn't care whether they won or lost.

Didn't care whether they won or lost?

Bachellia was a good role player, Fuller was a #3-4 receiver in 2018. They were forced into primary roles because modern college football passed Pete by. The high level guys he quit over having to recruit should have been in those primary roles. What a fucked up year.
  • Options
    CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,297
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    haie said:

haie said:

Lets hope so...

Didn't care whether they won or lost?

Bachellia was a good role player, Fuller was a #3-4 receiver in 2018. They were forced into primary roles because modern college football passed Pete by. The high level guys he quit over having to recruit should have been in those primary roles. What a fucked up year.
    I never want to hear Beccellia and good in the same sentence ever again, you hear me?
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,150
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

He is a Petersen recruit

I should hate him.

Im one of the select group of people who hate both.
    I'm lukewarm on both
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,305
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    If you think you’re going to have to fire them eventually, fire them now.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,987
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    whlinder said:

If you think you’re going to have to fire them eventually, fire them now.

That’s the great thing about this season - my mind will be made up after 12 games oneway or another.

Yella doesn’t fire guys over lack of off season natties or from Covid cordwood piling up.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,544
    Swaye's Wigwam

I don't get how 8-5 wasn't that bad but 3-1 was horrible. UW has been on the upside of mediocre since the USC game in 2016. But still mediocre.

He still has to perform no matter how many excuses I appear to be making for him. Call it context or the crux of the discussion going on here while we wait to lose to Michigan and all agree again that Coach fill in the blank needs to be fired.

8-5 being unacceptable and losing to Homeless Furd (and trying really hard to lose to Beavis and Ute) being unacceptable are not mutually exclusive. Both of these efforts were huge failures in my opinion.

Everyone is right that the only path forward that isn't depressing is winning and regaining confidence in the program, but while some think it will happen Because Roster, I'm saying there is plenty of evidence suggesting it won't. Regardless of roster and scheduling advantages.
    Unfortunately I agree on the roster. Results haven't met the expectations