Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deep thoughts

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

...there's no excuse for Washington not to roll.

Narrator: They won't...

I'm going to again disagree with everyone about last year's games "not counting." It was football. The better prepared teams with the better gameplans won. I judge a coach based off how well their team performs relative to the talent on hand. That was a for-win roster that struggled HARD to win three. They were real football games that really counted, and it was at best a C- grade from the staff. To me, THAT'S the disturbing trend.

If winning 11 games, leading to improved recruiting, is your path to optimism, you weren't watching in 2020, when actual, honest to god football was being played. I agree this is probably the most complete overall roster in the conference (linebacker depth aside), which is why I'm going to be so pissed when they lose four or five games.
    I‘d say 50-50 agree/disagree. Covid season games counted, but they also weren’t indicative of what teams and coaching staffs are capable of.

Both Washington and Oregon had new OCs that were neutered by the lack of install. Rosters were out of shape because the conference didn’t care enough, teams were playing with guys they didn’t want to play. Cale Millen is a real team player, but I would have preferred to not see him being forced to make special team tackles in the conference championship game.

There’s only so much coaching can do when you don’t have time or players to coach. 2020 gave us some answers but it raised just as many questions.
    My understanding is that UW, at least, got a full allotment of spring and fall practices in. Is this not the case? COVID is such a weird excuse. The Huskies were without two players, neither of whom were projected on the two deep. They had the full team on hand, and they practiced. If the players weren't held accountable for conditioning because COVID, that's a knock on the staff.

The Huskies played at full strength except for missing Ryan Bowman against Stanford. As president of the Ryan Bowman fan club, I'm comfortable saying that if missing Ryan Bowman is the difference between a win and a loss against a homeless team, your skeaad has problems, and you need to open to fuckin' eyes.
    Oregon got 3/15 spring practices and kids were off campus for all of the offseason schedule except a week of voluntary summer workouts. I have to think it was similar for UW.

Fall camp was abbreviated too. Oregon missed 1/3 scrimmages due to a false positive covid test. It was a horrible time to install a new offense.
    What have you seen that says Oregon is trending in the right direction?

All I've seen is Cristobal have one decent season starting mostly Helfrich/Taggert recruits...

Thibodeaux, Sewell, Wright led defense allowed 28 PPG last year. You're rolling w. a Boston College transfer at QB because your staff ruined Shough.

4-3 w. a total ass beating by Iowa State. Oof.

Iowa State vs UW would’ve been the same except zero first half points for UW. Let’s be real. Iowa State was Bellevue High on steroids.

Also, meat took a 7-6 team to 9-4 and then 12-2. He’s hired up and recruited well.

Have fun with the season. Morris just overthrew another receiver and the on target throw was dropped. Fingers crossed Otton stays healthy. He goes down and big ooofffff.
    But Washington post of the day

Petersen took a 7-6 team to the playoffs then back to 8-5

Meathead has one good season in his fucking career

Just because the recruiting fan boys love him doesn't change that
    I should also add that Pete's greatest crime against humanity, was not the 3 NY6 losses, but rather, not putting the boot to Meat's throat in 2018 and 19. He single handedly let those buttholes get back into game.
    BONEM POTW
    Ironically our duck overlords seem to have dropped plans for a natty and are back to comparing themselves to Worshington
    Tough to dream of nattys after ending the year with an ISU plunger and starting the following one with an OSU plunger
    WAY TO REPRESENT THE NORTH!
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,949
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

I'm going to again disagree with everyone about last year's games "not counting." It was football. The better prepared teams with the better gameplans won. I judge a coach based off how well their team performs relative to the talent on hand. That was a for-win roster that struggled HARD to win three. They were real football games that really counted, and it was at best a C- grade from the staff. To me, THAT'S the disturbing trend.

If winning 11 games, leading to improved recruiting, is your path to optimism, you weren't watching in 2020, when actual, honest to god football was being played. I agree this is probably the most complete overall roster in the conference (linebacker depth aside), which is why I'm going to be so pissed when they lose four or five games.
    I‘d say 50-50 agree/disagree. Covid season games counted, but they also weren’t indicative of what teams and coaching staffs are capable of.

Both Washington and Oregon had new OCs that were neutered by the lack of install. Rosters were out of shape because the conference didn’t care enough, teams were playing with guys they didn’t want to play. Cale Millen is a real team player, but I would have preferred to not see him being forced to make special team tackles in the conference championship game.

There’s only so much coaching can do when you don’t have time or players to coach. 2020 gave us some answers but it raised just as many questions.
    My understanding is that UW, at least, got a full allotment of spring and fall practices in. Is this not the case? COVID is such a weird excuse. The Huskies were without two players, neither of whom were projected on the two deep. They had the full team on hand, and they practiced. If the players weren't held accountable for conditioning because COVID, that's a knock on the staff.

The Huskies played at full strength except for missing Ryan Bowman against Stanford. As president of the Ryan Bowman fan club, I'm comfortable saying that if missing Ryan Bowman is the difference between a win and a loss against a homeless team, your skeaad has problems, and you need to open to fuckin' eyes.
    Oregon got 3/15 spring practices and kids were off campus for all of the offseason schedule except a week of voluntary summer workouts. I have to think it was similar for UW.

Fall camp was abbreviated too. Oregon missed 1/3 scrimmages due to a false positive covid test. It was a horrible time to install a new offense.

All I've seen is Cristobal have one decent season starting mostly Helfrich/Taggert recruits...

Thibodeaux, Sewell, Wright led defense allowed 28 PPG last year. You're rolling w. a Boston College transfer at QB because your staff ruined Shough.

Iowa State vs UW would’ve been the same except zero first half points for UW. Let’s be real. Iowa State was Bellevue High on steroids.

Also, meat took a 7-6 team to 9-4 and then 12-2. He’s hired up and recruited well.

Have fun with the season. Morris just overthrew another receiver and the on target throw was dropped. Fingers crossed Otton stays healthy. He goes down and big ooofffff.

I should also add that Pete's greatest crime against humanity, was not the 3 NY6 losses, but rather, not putting the boot to Meat's throat in 2018 and 19. He single handedly let those buttholes get back into game.
    BONEM POTW
    You Cali Fags (and others) need to quit living in the Passed. All that matters now is BONEM. We will never get back to national relevance without BONEM.
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,949
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited August 2021
    dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

This isn't actually true. Winning one or two of those NY6 games would have done far more for the national perception around the program than winning one or two of those Duck games.

But I agree completely they were a massive failure (and far less excusable than the NY6 failures).
    I don't disagree sermon seeker. The street cred from getting a win in any of those 3 would have done wonders for the program. But Bamma in 2016 was an eagle, OSU in 2018 was a long put for birdie and Pedo was difficult put for Par.

Pete got bogeys or double bogeys against Meat and totally fucked us.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

Did you just refer to a college football program as “Bellevue on steroids.”

Jesus fuck you are lost.
    Maybe homeless Stanford on steroids makes more sense to you?
  • Options
    edited August 2021

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

Justin Herbert turned into Mike Vick for a game in that Rose Bowl.

Oregon won with 200 yards, all coming from Herbert running for his life in a collapsed pocket

Mario's QB looked amazing last year.

Lets see what he does without Helfs recruits

Also...@ Ohio State is going to be a fucking blood. Bath.
    Wasn’t this a Ballz refrain? The 2019 class was a big part of the 2019 season, especially the defense.

It’s absolutely mind boggling what y’all are telling yourself.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,570
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

Oregon won with 200 yards, all coming from Herbert running for his life in a collapsed pocket

Wasn’t this a Ballz refrain? The 2019 class was a big part of the 2019 season, especially the defense.

You fucking sucked last year with Marios guy at QB hth.

Both on offense and defense.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,495
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

You and @thechatch should get back to serving coffee and selling vacuum cleaners and fuck off.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

There was uneven play throughout the entire season for everyone in the league. That’s the data point you’re doing to use? It’s awfully convenient from your POV.

Oregon replaced it’s top 6 OL, installed a new offense and did so with 3 spring practices, one week of voluntary workouts and an an abbreviated fall camp. That probably explains more than meat being an average coach.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

There was uneven play throughout the entire season for everyone in the league. That’s the data point you’re doing to use? It’s awfully convenient from your POV.

Oregon replaced it’s top 6 OL, installed a new offense and did so with 3 spring practices, one week of voluntary workouts and an an abbreviated fall camp. That probably explains more than meat being an average coach.

I hope.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

You lost to Beaver and had a bunch if Iowa State 2 stars run a train on your program hth
    Iowa State is a top 10 team. Stop.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,495
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

You lost to Beaver and had a bunch if Iowa State 2 stars run a train on your program hth
    :D
  • Options
    haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

:D
    They’re on every preseason list as top 10. You’re just smarter than everyone else.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

This isn't actually true. Winning one or two of those NY6 games would have done far more for the national perception around the program than winning one or two of those Duck games.

But I agree completely they were a massive failure (and far less excusable than the NY6 failures).

We needed to win one of them, but UW was a heavy underdog in all of those games.

Oregon fucking sucked and was inexcusable choking, especially 2018.
    I honestly don't disagree.

2018 Oregon was the maddest I ever got at Pete, rather easily.
    Even Pete Carroll wouldn't have settled for a FG on third and short
    I mean he's done exactly that. It was very reminiscent of Carroll, which is probably why it pissed me off so much.