Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Deep thoughts

12346»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,611
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

I’m no Duck apologist not do I know if Christoballz is a good coach or not but here are some facts.

He’s recruiting at a high level and talent can make up for shitty coaching.

I don’t hold his record at FIU/FAU whatever U against him. That was basically an expansion team.

Just like Jimmy, both coaches are in LIPO mode but Christoballz has things trending slightly better due to the recruiting results.

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

I kind of see Oregon like Helton's USC... the dude did win a Rose Bowl. But they're not an elite program.
    Cristobal is Helton. Okay. Cristobal is actually respected.
    I hate to say it but nothing brings out the irrational Oregon hate like bad times in Huskyville.
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

...there's no excuse for Washington not to roll.

Narrator: They won't...

I'm going to again disagree with everyone about last year's games "not counting." It was football. The better prepared teams with the better gameplans won. I judge a coach based off how well their team performs relative to the talent on hand. That was a for-win roster that struggled HARD to win three. They were real football games that really counted, and it was at best a C- grade from the staff. To me, THAT'S the disturbing trend.

If winning 11 games, leading to improved recruiting, is your path to optimism, you weren't watching in 2020, when actual, honest to god football was being played. I agree this is probably the most complete overall roster in the conference (linebacker depth aside), which is why I'm going to be so pissed when they lose four or five games.
    I‘d say 50-50 agree/disagree. Covid season games counted, but they also weren’t indicative of what teams and coaching staffs are capable of.

Both Washington and Oregon had new OCs that were neutered by the lack of install. Rosters were out of shape because the conference didn’t care enough, teams were playing with guys they didn’t want to play. Cale Millen is a real team player, but I would have preferred to not see him being forced to make special team tackles in the conference championship game.

There’s only so much coaching can do when you don’t have time or players to coach. 2020 gave us some answers but it raised just as many questions.
    My understanding is that UW, at least, got a full allotment of spring and fall practices in. Is this not the case? COVID is such a weird excuse. The Huskies were without two players, neither of whom were projected on the two deep. They had the full team on hand, and they practiced. If the players weren't held accountable for conditioning because COVID, that's a knock on the staff.

The Huskies played at full strength except for missing Ryan Bowman against Stanford. As president of the Ryan Bowman fan club, I'm comfortable saying that if missing Ryan Bowman is the difference between a win and a loss against a homeless team, your skeaad has problems, and you need to open to fuckin' eyes.
    Oregon got 3/15 spring practices and kids were off campus for all of the offseason schedule except a week of voluntary summer workouts. I have to think it was similar for UW.

Fall camp was abbreviated too. Oregon missed 1/3 scrimmages due to a false positive covid test. It was a horrible time to install a new offense.
    What have you seen that says Oregon is trending in the right direction?

All I've seen is Cristobal have one decent season starting mostly Helfrich/Taggert recruits...

Thibodeaux, Sewell, Wright led defense allowed 28 PPG last year. You're rolling w. a Boston College transfer at QB because your staff ruined Shough.

4-3 w. a total ass beating by Iowa State. Oof.

Iowa State vs UW would’ve been the same except zero first half points for UW. Let’s be real. Iowa State was Bellevue High on steroids.

Also, meat took a 7-6 team to 9-4 and then 12-2. He’s hired up and recruited well.

Have fun with the season. Morris just overthrew another receiver and the on target throw was dropped. Fingers crossed Otton stays healthy. He goes down and big ooofffff.
    But Washington post of the day

Petersen took a 7-6 team to the playoffs then back to 8-5

Meathead has one good season in his fucking career

Just because the recruiting fan boys love him doesn't change that
    Justin Herbert turned into Mike Vick for a game in that Rose Bowl.

Oregon won with 200 yards, all coming from Herbert running for his life in a collapsed pocket

Mario's QB looked amazing last year.

Lets see what he does without Helfs recruits

Also...@ Ohio State is going to be a fucking blood. Bath.
    Wasn’t this a Ballz refrain? The 2019 class was a big part of the 2019 season, especially the defense.

It’s absolutely mind boggling what y’all are telling yourself.
    You fucking sucked last year with Marios guy at QB hth.

Both on offense and defense.
    There was uneven play throughout the entire season for everyone in the league. That’s the data point you’re doing to use? It’s awfully convenient from your POV.

Oregon replaced it’s top 6 OL, installed a new offense and did so with 3 spring practices, one week of voluntary workouts and an an abbreviated fall camp. That probably explains more than meat being an average coach.
    You lost to Beaver and had a bunch if Iowa State 2 stars run a train on your program hth
    Iowa State is a top 10 team. Stop.
    :D
    They’re on every preseason list as top 10. You’re just smarter than everyone else.
    Theyre in the top 10 because they beat a team who lost to Cal and Beav in their last game. Hate to say it, but the mockery is pretty legit.
    UW’s last game was against Stanford aka Bellevue High and ended in a loss. Iowa State also beat Oklahoma.
    I'm sorry...was someone talking about UW? Sure wasn't me.

Gawd you're such a fucking toolbag.
    A toolbag? Oh, shit.
    That's an admirable sentiment. You can handle a little name calling. Good on you.

But...you're still a tone deaf,, pathetic tool who lingers on a rival fan board and posts shit like "you lost to stanford" in response to a reasonable an non-inflammatory post in a discussion about your own team. Those are the facts and even you know it.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

I’m no Duck apologist not do I know if Christoballz is a good coach or not but here are some facts.

I don’t hold his record at FIU/FAU whatever U against him. That was basically an expansion team.

Just like Jimmy, both coaches are in LIPO mode but Christoballz has things trending slightly better due to the recruiting results.

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

I kind of see Oregon like Helton's USC... the dude did win a Rose Bowl. But they're not an elite program.
    I hate to say it but nothing brings out the irrational Oregon hate like bad times in Huskyville.
    lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

I'm going to again disagree with everyone about last year's games "not counting." It was football. The better prepared teams with the better gameplans won. I judge a coach based off how well their team performs relative to the talent on hand. That was a for-win roster that struggled HARD to win three. They were real football games that really counted, and it was at best a C- grade from the staff. To me, THAT'S the disturbing trend.

If winning 11 games, leading to improved recruiting, is your path to optimism, you weren't watching in 2020, when actual, honest to god football was being played. I agree this is probably the most complete overall roster in the conference (linebacker depth aside), which is why I'm going to be so pissed when they lose four or five games.
    I‘d say 50-50 agree/disagree. Covid season games counted, but they also weren’t indicative of what teams and coaching staffs are capable of.

Both Washington and Oregon had new OCs that were neutered by the lack of install. Rosters were out of shape because the conference didn’t care enough, teams were playing with guys they didn’t want to play. Cale Millen is a real team player, but I would have preferred to not see him being forced to make special team tackles in the conference championship game.

There’s only so much coaching can do when you don’t have time or players to coach. 2020 gave us some answers but it raised just as many questions.
    My understanding is that UW, at least, got a full allotment of spring and fall practices in. Is this not the case? COVID is such a weird excuse. The Huskies were without two players, neither of whom were projected on the two deep. They had the full team on hand, and they practiced. If the players weren't held accountable for conditioning because COVID, that's a knock on the staff.

The Huskies played at full strength except for missing Ryan Bowman against Stanford. As president of the Ryan Bowman fan club, I'm comfortable saying that if missing Ryan Bowman is the difference between a win and a loss against a homeless team, your skeaad has problems, and you need to open to fuckin' eyes.
    Oregon got 3/15 spring practices and kids were off campus for all of the offseason schedule except a week of voluntary summer workouts. I have to think it was similar for UW.

Fall camp was abbreviated too. Oregon missed 1/3 scrimmages due to a false positive covid test. It was a horrible time to install a new offense.

All I've seen is Cristobal have one decent season starting mostly Helfrich/Taggert recruits...

Thibodeaux, Sewell, Wright led defense allowed 28 PPG last year. You're rolling w. a Boston College transfer at QB because your staff ruined Shough.

Iowa State vs UW would’ve been the same except zero first half points for UW. Let’s be real. Iowa State was Bellevue High on steroids.

Also, meat took a 7-6 team to 9-4 and then 12-2. He’s hired up and recruited well.

Have fun with the season. Morris just overthrew another receiver and the on target throw was dropped. Fingers crossed Otton stays healthy. He goes down and big ooofffff.

Oregon won with 200 yards, all coming from Herbert running for his life in a collapsed pocket

Wasn’t this a Ballz refrain? The 2019 class was a big part of the 2019 season, especially the defense.

There was uneven play throughout the entire season for everyone in the league. That’s the data point you’re doing to use? It’s awfully convenient from your POV.

Oregon replaced it’s top 6 OL, installed a new offense and did so with 3 spring practices, one week of voluntary workouts and an an abbreviated fall camp. That probably explains more than meat being an average coach.
    You lost to Beaver and had a bunch if Iowa State 2 stars run a train on your program hth
    They’re on every preseason list as top 10. You’re just smarter than everyone else.
    Theyre in the top 10 because they beat a team who lost to Cal and Beav in their last game. Hate to say it, but the mockery is pretty legit.
    UW’s last game was against Stanford aka Bellevue High and ended in a loss. Iowa State also beat Oklahoma.

A toolbag? Oh, shit.
    That's an admirable sentiment. You can handle a little name calling. Good on you.

But...you're still a tone deaf,, pathetic tool who lingers on a rival fan board and posts shit like "you lost to stanford" in response to a reasonable an non-inflammatory post in a discussion about your own team. Those are the facts and even you know it.
    I think Oregon is a 9 win team. They’re a 10 win team with some good bounces. I don’t overvalue the team. I am not putting more stock in last year than Meat’s first two years. That’s all.
  • Options
    BroadcastingDawgBroadcastingDawg Member Posts: 1,245
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    edited August 2021
    lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

I think Oregon is a 9 win team. They’re a 10 win team with some good bounces. I don’t overvalue the team. I am not putting more stock in last year than Meat’s first two years. That’s all.
    Then wtf is the point of your posting here? Your "BUT UW!!!!" shit is tired and weird.

Nobody here thinks UW is an elite program. Nobody here is sold on Morris, Lake, Donovan etc... hardly anyone thinks this team is more than a 9 or 10 win club. Nobody here thinks Oregon is a terrible football team... nobody here thinks Oregon is an elite football team... Oregon is probably about as good as UW - this seems to be your exact sentiment so wtf are you arguing?

• Options
    edited August 2021

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

Then wtf is the point of your posting here? Your "BUT UW!!!!" shit is tired and weird.

Nobody here thinks UW is an elite program. Nobody here is sold on Morris, Lake, Donovan etc... hardly anyone thinks this team is more than a 9 or 10 win club. Nobody here thinks Oregon is a terrible football team... nobody here thinks Oregon is an elite football team... Oregon is probably about as good as UW - this seems to be your exact sentiment so wtf are you arguing?

I do think Oregon is trending in the right direction and UW isn't. Meat will end up being a very good coach, especially if he can hire, retain and allow good coordinators to their job.

My point is that last year should be taken with a grain of salt. The idea that Cristobal will do better with Helfrich's guys is laughable.
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

I do think Oregon is trending in the right direction and UW isn't. Meat will end up being a very good coach, especially if he can hire, retain and allow good coordinators to their job.

My point is that last year should be taken with a grain of salt. The idea that Cristobal will do better with Helfrich's guys is laughable.
    Yeah and it comes off as you thinking that Oregon is just about the only team in the country who deserves to use Covid as an excuse. That's just laughably stupid.

Cristobal has his chance to prove it. Thus far, he hasn't proven much. That's quite literally all anyone is saying. We say the exact same about Lake.

In the words of many posters on this board... Cristobal is shit until he isn't.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

Yeah and it comes off as you thinking that Oregon is just about the only team in the country who deserves to use Covid as an excuse. That's just laughably stupid.

Cristobal has his chance to prove it. Thus far, he hasn't proven much. That's quite literally all anyone is saying. We say the exact same about Lake.

He's proven that he can win.
  • Options
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

And he's also proven he can lose... at a clip that doesn't keep you around very long as a coach.
  • Options

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

And he's also proven he can lose... at a clip that doesn't keep you around very long as a coach.
    Want to put a bet on it?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

Want to put a bet on it?
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

Want to put a bet on it?
    Reading comprehension isn't your strong suit.
    Predict Oregon's trajectory the next 5 years. Lay it out. I think if you're honest with yourself, you might throw up a little in your mouth.
  • Options
    BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,472
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

I thought they were Taggart's guys?
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

chuck said:

lawsandl said:

It can.

For Oregon it hasn't.

lawsandl said:

haie said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

lawsandl said:

haie said:

A toolbag? Oh, shit.

I thought they were Taggart's guys?
    You have no idea of the damage that Rich Brooks did
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Every time I start dooging, I remember JohnDon is still our OC. We’re not winning 10 games with this shit ass scheme.

Bump for all you doogs that were somehow bullish on JohnDon a month ago? Miley is always right.