Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Poll Shows Almost HALF Of Women Want To Stay HOME, Not Work

Comments

• Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Women are more fulfilled when they raise children at home. The children also turn out better in adulthood. Leftists hate that.

I know a few women in their 30s and 40s who abuse the booze and use dogs as surrogate children. All divorced or have picked some losers multiple times. Really, it's sad.

The Nineteenth Century is asking for its domestic policy back.
  • Options
    HHuskyHHusky Member Posts: 19,276
    haie said:

HHusky said:

Women are more fulfilled when they raise children at home. The children also turn out better in adulthood. Leftists hate that.

I know a few women in their 30s and 40s who abuse the booze and use dogs as surrogate children. All divorced or have picked some losers multiple times. Really, it's sad.

Fuck Off loser.
    Well reasoned.

But wordy.
  • Options
    TheKobeStopperTheKobeStopper Member Posts: 5,959
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment First Anniversary
    Too bad you guys built an economy where both people in a couple have to work.

Given Tim’s previous comments, blaming feminism for why he can’t get laid, I wouldn’t take much of what he has to say here seriously.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Given Tim’s previous comments, blaming feminism for why he can’t get laid, I wouldn’t take much of what he has to say here seriously.

Both people having to work has been a staple of American life since the 70s.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Both people having to work has been a staple of American life since the 70s.
    Dual income households didn’t pass single income households until the 80s. Guess who was president then.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,564
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

False.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

@BearsWiin, true?
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    HHusky said:

about what I expected from a Seattle liberal like you
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,886
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited March 2021

If Dimocrats acted like they did in the 70s, I'd support them.

They don't. They sold out decades ago. Now it's all woke and feminist bullshit and carrying water for China and the one percent. Sad.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021

No they dont in most cases. It's a matter of whether couples want to struggle financially in order to have a stay at home parent.

My kids had a stay at home mom their whole childhood. We struggled financially the first 4-5 years because of this but learned how to survive. Maybe we didn't go on vacation and maybe we didn't have nice cars or own a home....but guess what....nobody else raised our kids either. Nobody else changed their diaper during the day or got to see them walk and talk first. My wife saw everything and was there for them at all times during day and I was there at night time when I got home from work. People have their priorities fucked up. They value positions and social standing and nice cars over family.

I made around 40k a year the first 3 years on average and about 70k on average the next three years.

40k single income family is lower class in seattle and 70k is lower middle class in seattle. I eventually made more but we lived on scraps for the first 5-6 years and it was all worth it

My kids are 18 and 21 and super sweet and kind and respectful. I'm not saying that kids can't be that way from homes that have both parents working or from single parent homes....I'm saying it happens more often when you have a loving parent there at all times to care for them and guide them especially when they are young.

When my kids both hit elementary school then their mom found a part time job during day.

Easy peasy.

I have no problem saying that couples who both decide to work full time in the first 5-6 years of their kids life are doing them a disservice
  • Options

If Dimocrats acted like they did in the 70s, I'd support them.

They don't. They sold out decades ago. Now it's all woke and feminist bullshit and carrying water for China and the one percent. Sad.
    The woke shit stays. There’s bullshit like manspreading, science is white supremacy, black people cant be racist, there’s dumb shit for sure. And then you’ve got the libs painting BLM and rainbows on bombs we drop on kids. But one of our biggest concerns class reductionism. We do not believe that all oppression is a byproduct of class so racial justice, lgbtq rights, we’re not leaving those behind.

My experience with the left, and I mean Bernie/AOC and over, is most of the woke shit that gets amplified isn’t what we believe in but some of it is. If that’s a deal breaker, then that’s too bad. But we’ll always have room for you if you change your mind.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    edited March 2021
    Most mass/school shooters come from a single mom or a broken family

It’s true
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

It’s true

Are you suggesting we pass common sense stay at home mom reform?
  • Options
    DoogieMcDoogersonDoogieMcDoogerson Member Posts: 2,482
    Boom. You nailed the plan. It's the secret for raising good kids. My wife and I did same thing. I just wasn't quite as impoverished as you, lol. Wife works now just to have something to do. Kids 24, 21. Damn near perfect kids.

No they dont in most cases. It's a matter of whether couples want to struggle financially in order to have a stay at home parent.

My kids had a stay at home mom their whole childhood. We struggled financially the first 4-5 years because of this but learned how to survive. Maybe we didn't go on vacation and maybe we didn't have nice cars or own a home....but guess what....nobody else raised our kids either. Nobody else changed their diaper during the day or got to see them walk and talk first. My wife saw everything and was there for them at all times during day and I was there at night time when I got home from work. People have their priorities fucked up. They value positions and social standing and nice cars over family.

I made around 40k a year the first 3 years on average and about 70k on average the next three years.

40k single income family is lower class in seattle and 70k is lower middle class in seattle. I eventually made more but we lived on scraps for the first 5-6 years and it was all worth it

My kids are 18 and 21 and super sweet and kind and respectful. I'm not saying that kids can't be that way from homes that have both parents working or from single parent homes....I'm saying it happens more often when you have a loving parent there at all times to care for them and guide them especially when they are young.

When my kids both hit elementary school then their mom found a part time job during day.

Easy peasy.

I have no problem saying that couples who both decide to work full time in the first 5-6 years of their kids life are doing them a disservice
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    Doogles said:

HuskyJW said:

It’s true

Are you suggesting we pass common sense stay at home mom reform?
    No

We should ban mass and school shootings though