Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

New Poll Shows Almost HALF Of Women Want To Stay HOME, Not Work

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

thechatch said:

Sledog said:

My wife quit work and stayed home to raise the kids. Wouldn't change that and I heartily recommend mom's at home. I don't want other people raising my kids! They could have turned out like HH or something.

We still raise our kids, and it’s going to be easier to have more daytime interaction with them with the shift toward work from home. Both my parents worked and I was kind of a latchkey kid, but I played sports from the time I was 5 years old(soccer/baseball/football/basketball) and we did weekend activities starting at age 2(skiing/hiking/camping/fishing) . It’s really about daytime/school/activities during the week. They need to be involved in sports and ECs and those need to be prioritized over playing Xbox or watching TV. Same as it’s ever been.
    You played soccer? Damn. Sorry.

And, no offense, but one of my screening questions for all male suitors of Creepy's brood of beauties is whether they were latchkey kids growing up. Many were turned away on that basis alone.

I give no fucks on whether those trying to seduce my daughters were latchkey kids.

I want to see tax returns, W-2s and trust account statements.

Nah. I've been through this. They tend to be people of lesser quality all around. Statistically speaking that is. We prefer our suitors to be damned near perfect.
  • Options
    SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

HHusky said:

Sledog said:

My wife quit work and stayed home to raise the kids. Wouldn't change that and I heartily recommend mom's at home. I don't want other people raising my kids! They could have turned out like HH or something.

Yeah, who wants wealthy kids anyway?
    Money isn't everything. I'd rather my kids had character and integrity, traits you're completely void of.
    No; but it's a lot of things.
    Few people with good character and integrity will starve in this country.
    Yeah, sure. Starving isn't my baseline. Money solves a lot of problems. And contrary to what the Beattles say, it can buy you love too. In fact, lots of it.
    The choice was between having my kids have a lot of money but then having to be like the Dazzler or being of more modest means and being nothing like the Dazzler. Since I don't ever see a day when I'll need to rely upon my children to support me this is a no brainer decision for me. Them having money wouldn't cancel out them being lying, immoral, scumbags.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2021

Too bad you guys built an economy where both people in a couple have to work.

Given Tim’s previous comments, blaming feminism for why he can’t get laid, I wouldn’t take much of what he has to say here seriously.

No they dont in most cases. It's a matter of whether couples want to struggle financially in order to have a stay at home parent.

My kids had a stay at home mom their whole childhood. We struggled financially the first 4-5 years because of this but learned how to survive. Maybe we didn't go on vacation and maybe we didn't have nice cars or own a home....but guess what....nobody else raised our kids either. Nobody else changed their diaper during the day or got to see them walk and talk first. My wife saw everything and was there for them at all times during day and I was there at night time when I got home from work. People have their priorities fucked up. They value positions and social standing and nice cars over family.

I made around 40k a year the first 3 years on average and about 70k on average the next three years.

40k single income family is lower class in seattle and 70k is lower middle class in seattle. I eventually made more but we lived on scraps for the first 5-6 years and it was all worth it

My kids are 18 and 21 and super sweet and kind and respectful. I'm not saying that kids can't be that way from homes that have both parents working or from single parent homes....I'm saying it happens more often when you have a loving parent there at all times to care for them and guide them especially when they are young.

When my kids both hit elementary school then their mom found a part time job during day.

Easy peasy.

I have no problem saying that couples who both decide to work full time in the first 5-6 years of their kids life are doing them a disservice
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/09/millennials-own-less-than-5percent-of-all-us-wealth.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/us-birthrate-decline-millennials-delay-having-kids-2019-5?amp

https://agranato.medium.com/can-a-millennial-single-earner-support-a-traditional-middle-class-family-8a1e2fee20be

This last one is trying to create the best, cleanest, in a vacuum scenario for can millennial parents live a middle class life with kids on a single income and when they gets there, they says this.

Actually implementing this in real life would require very strong patience and discipline. This would mean virtually no eating at restaurants, international travel, or expensive purchases in general, including in years that are several years before actually having children in order to build up a substantial nest egg. It would require that they consistently be able to get raises that exceed inflation and not have any substantial period of unemployment. In other words, it would require substantial luck and willingness to pinch pennies for decades. But if you have a bachelor’s degree and run the table, the numbers do work.

No, for most of us it is not a choice between dual incomes and struggling a little bit. Even in your worthless, anecdotal life story, your wife still eventually got a part time job. It is a dual income economy if you want kids. That is what the numbers show.
    She got the job mainly for adult interaction.
    By the time she got it I was making more money.

We lived in a 900 square foot home. We never went out. We didn't go on a vacation until they were 7 and 10. We never did anything expensive. We shopped at low income stores and got our clothes from garage sales in upper class neighborhoods.

We had one car and no financial help from anyone.

You can post all the links you want. I lived it in one of the richest cities on the face of this earth.
    Sounds depressing af.
    There are many other ways In life to have fun besides vacations and going out. I tend to feel sorry for people who don't realize this. Movie nights at home, walks on the beach, driving up to pass to play in snow, bike riding, coaching their sports teams from 4-8. Warm baths, clean water, electricity. Life is full of simple pleasures for the family and the individual that most tend to take for granted. I dont.

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,068
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Making a rare appearance in the Tug to say:

1. This belongs on the Finance board. I'll reprise it in slightly shinier wrapping at a later date.

2. My wife stayed home. Can't say if they were better for that reason, or by reason of their superior swarthy genetics (Charles Murray's opinions notwithstanding). I will say this: I have three girls, and they are fucking educated and I have advised them to (1) have a career and (2) live near their mother.

I'll amplify my rationale for #2. First, nobody will take care of those babies better than my wife, and it will be free, and it will free me to go fuck around and do whatever I want because my wife will be blissfully unaware and give no fucks about what I am doing. Second, the odds of marrying an asshole or loser can be greatly reduced based on where you meet him. Both of my girls in serious relationships (one of them is married) met Mr. Wonderful in college. Good. Slightly better odds than in HS or a fucking bar. The third one is dating a guy she met in grad school. Even better. But even with superior breeding and social engineering, there are still decent odds you are going to marry the wrong person. People change, and frankly, nobody really knows anybody until they've seen them react in the trenches.

The problem with this little trip down reactionary lane with you well-intentioned gentlemen is this: the world in which women stayed home was also a world in which they had little power and influence and were beholden to the men in their lives for the basics of food and shelter, much less a "good life." Next to zero autonomy. Creep's kids will be self-sufficient well into the financial zone of wealth building where Eddie Murphy's "Half!!!!!!!" actually means something.

But if you want to raise your daughters with that vulnerability, like the Mormons do, go right ahead. We? won't protest.

So your wife stayed home but its a trip down reactionary lane for others to point out the benefits of it

That weak shit don't fly here
    It's heavy shit Boomer. It is, in fact, a trip down reactionary lane because it is a trip down reactionary lane. That it is what it is is not something for which to take issue with me. It's not my trip; I didn't book it.*

I'm just pointing out the downside. A guy your age ought to have piles of anecdotes of women you knew who had to slug it out in a miserable existence at home because it turns out dropping out of the work force for 20 years makes it kinda hard to be on your own economically. You see, I love my kids.

As to the merits, I hear ya. Mrs. Creep stayed home and my kids are damn near perfect. But the next generation of Creepy Super Zips are going to be even more better off. Grandma Creepy will watch the kids during the day, read them Shakespeare and play classical music all day, and when he feels like it, Grampa Creepy will teach them to golf. AND, my daughters will always be in a position to tell their husbands to go fuck off if they ever get fat and/or lazy and/or otherwise not meet our high standards.

*This is why the Finance board would do better with this. We? don't take things so personally. You guys get hysterical any time Kobe the Lib posts anything.

Your motives are pure but others aren't post of the day. If your wife had worked your post would make sense but she stayed home. My wife worked and you're accusing me of what you did. That shit don't fly here. You need a board where no one can question anything because "take it to the tug" if you do.

My mom wanted to go back to work as we got ready to LEAVE the house and my dad divorced her because of it. And I saw first hand how the credit rating went to the guy who worked all those years and she was treated like a teenager. I saw her attorney, the judge and my dad's attorney play golf with my dad many times. I saw how that worked out in the settlement.

Don't tell me anything boy. I was there.

All I said was if its good enough for you its good enough for anyone else here and being reactionary has nothing to do with it
    I went through the same thing with my mom Race. Don't boy me ... my mom couldn't have been more hometowned if she tried. She got more fucked than a French whore during the Nazi occupation. He made it tough on her (and me) to make a point. She worked very hard when we left, but women weren't exactly running the show in the workforce in those days, and the early days were rough while she figured out what she would do. Fortunately, Mama Creep is a smart go-getter (what else would you expect?) and we got by ... barely.

I see no hypocrisy on my part here. I pointed out there's a downside to staying at home, and there is. Let's see how many others on team Kobe-Hunter Goon Squad put their money where their mouths are and counsel their daughters to stay home for 10 or 15 or 20 years ... especially today and how fast things change. Or in @BearsWiin 's case, his sons.

Yeah, my wife stayed home. But I'm not the guy here who is going to prosecute every point based solely on what I did. You've got your Team Tug drinking buddies for that; you don't need another one.

There is nothing wrong with considering multiple sides of an issue. You should be thanking me for breaking up the party once in a while. It's a gift and a service.

You did nothing of the sort. You added nothing

It was a complete failure on your part.
  • Options
    NorthwestFreshNorthwestFresh Member Posts: 7,972
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited March 2021

1. This belongs on the Finance board. I'll reprise it in slightly shinier wrapping at a later date.

2. My wife stayed home. Can't say if they were better for that reason, or by reason of their superior swarthy genetics (Charles Murray's opinions notwithstanding). I will say this: I have three girls, and they are fucking educated and I have advised them to (1) have a career and (2) live near their mother.

I'll amplify my rationale for #2. First, nobody will take care of those babies better than my wife, and it will be free, and it will free me to go fuck around and do whatever I want because my wife will be blissfully unaware and give no fucks about what I am doing. Second, the odds of marrying an asshole or loser can be greatly reduced based on where you meet him. Both of my girls in serious relationships (one of them is married) met Mr. Wonderful in college. Good. Slightly better odds than in HS or a fucking bar. The third one is dating a guy she met in grad school. Even better. But even with superior breeding and social engineering, there are still decent odds you are going to marry the wrong person. People change, and frankly, nobody really knows anybody until they've seen them react in the trenches.

The problem with this little trip down reactionary lane with you well-intentioned gentlemen is this: the world in which women stayed home was also a world in which they had little power and influence and were beholden to the men in their lives for the basics of food and shelter, much less a "good life." Next to zero autonomy. Creep's kids will be self-sufficient well into the financial zone of wealth building where Eddie Murphy's "Half!!!!!!!" actually means something.

But if you want to raise your daughters with that vulnerability, like the Mormons do, go right ahead. We? won't protest.

So your wife stayed home but its a trip down reactionary lane for others to point out the benefits of it

It's heavy shit Boomer. It is, in fact, a trip down reactionary lane because it is a trip down reactionary lane. That it is what it is is not something for which to take issue with me. It's not my trip; I didn't book it.*

I'm just pointing out the downside. A guy your age ought to have piles of anecdotes of women you knew who had to slug it out in a miserable existence at home because it turns out dropping out of the work force for 20 years makes it kinda hard to be on your own economically. You see, I love my kids.

As to the merits, I hear ya. Mrs. Creep stayed home and my kids are damn near perfect. But the next generation of Creepy Super Zips are going to be even more better off. Grandma Creepy will watch the kids during the day, read them Shakespeare and play classical music all day, and when he feels like it, Grampa Creepy will teach them to golf. AND, my daughters will always be in a position to tell their husbands to go fuck off if they ever get fat and/or lazy and/or otherwise not meet our high standards.

*This is why the Finance board would do better with this. We? don't take things so personally. You guys get hysterical any time Kobe the Lib posts anything.

Your motives are pure but others aren't post of the day. If your wife had worked your post would make sense but she stayed home. My wife worked and you're accusing me of what you did. That shit don't fly here. You need a board where no one can question anything because "take it to the tug" if you do.

My mom wanted to go back to work as we got ready to LEAVE the house and my dad divorced her because of it. And I saw first hand how the credit rating went to the guy who worked all those years and she was treated like a teenager. I saw her attorney, the judge and my dad's attorney play golf with my dad many times. I saw how that worked out in the settlement.

All I said was if its good enough for you its good enough for anyone else here and being reactionary has nothing to do with it
    I went through the same thing with my mom Race. Don't boy me ... my mom couldn't have been more hometowned if she tried. She got more fucked than a French whore during the Nazi occupation. He made it tough on her (and me) to make a point. She worked very hard when we left, but women weren't exactly running the show in the workforce in those days, and the early days were rough while she figured out what she would do. Fortunately, Mama Creep is a smart go-getter (what else would you expect?) and we got by ... barely.

I see no hypocrisy on my part here. I pointed out there's a downside to staying at home, and there is. Let's see how many others on team Kobe-Hunter Goon Squad put their money where their mouths are and counsel their daughters to stay home for 10 or 15 or 20 years ... especially today and how fast things change. Or in @BearsWiin 's case, his sons.

Yeah, my wife stayed home. But I'm not the guy here who is going to prosecute every point based solely on what I did. You've got your Team Tug drinking buddies for that; you don't need another one.

There is nothing wrong with considering multiple sides of an issue. You should be thanking me for breaking up the party once in a while. It's a gift and a service.

@creepycoug got board with his lame bored and finally broke down and slummed it again here. He did so seemingly to tell us peasants how he’s always been rich and amazing as he shits on people like me who were poor after college and built our own lives and made our own money.
  • Options
    PrestonluvPrestonluv Member Posts: 275
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Sounds like all the pussy around you made you a real bitch. You sound like a giant vagina
  • Options
    edited March 2021

@creepycoug got board with his lame bored and finally broke down and slummed it again here. He did so seemingly to tell us peasants how he’s railways been rich and amazing as he shits on people like me who were poor after college and built our own lives and made our own money.
    Do you ever not draft behind Race?

Other than lying, do you intend to tell your daughter, the future Arizona Wildcat M.D., to stay home with her kids for 20 years?
  • Options

I did that, and more, and added clarity and wisdom and perspective. You just withhold praise because you're salty ... about other things. Same old Race. Same old routine. Same old axe to grind.

It was a perfect series of posts. Those posts were beautiful. They were some of the best posts, frankly, ever on this board.

And I gave your Good squad something to do beyond finding new and clever ways to bag on one poster. It is amazing to me you guys don't get bored with that. I half wonder how much you guys really miss Hondo.

• Options

@creepycoug got board with his lame bored and finally broke down and slummed it again here. He did so seemingly to tell us peasants how he’s railways been rich and amazing as he shits on people like me who were poor after college and built our own lives and made our own money.

Where did I say I was always rich and wasn't poor after college? Is this one of your "I didn't read the thread again" posts?

How is your money you're own money and mine isn't my own money? How did that work? You sound like you don't like capitalism or something.
    I was basing it off of your “that sounds boring af” post in response to @Prestonluv saying he lived in a 900 sq ft. house at one point in his life. Fuck, I started out living in LA after college in a tiny studio apartment with a friend and wouldn’t trade it for a thing.

Maybe you didn’t mean to come across as an arrogant douchebag, but that’s the vibe I’m getting from you in this thread. My opinion only.

• Options
    Standard Supporter

thechatch said:

Sledog said:

We still raise our kids, and it’s going to be easier to have more daytime interaction with them with the shift toward work from home. Both my parents worked and I was kind of a latchkey kid, but I played sports from the time I was 5 years old(soccer/baseball/football/basketball) and we did weekend activities starting at age 2(skiing/hiking/camping/fishing) . It’s really about daytime/school/activities during the week. They need to be involved in sports and ECs and those need to be prioritized over playing Xbox or watching TV. Same as it’s ever been.

And, no offense, but one of my screening questions for all male suitors of Creepy's brood of beauties is whether they were latchkey kids growing up. Many were turned away on that basis alone.

I give no fucks on whether those trying to seduce my daughters were latchkey kids.

Nah. I've been through this. They tend to be people of lesser quality all around. Statistically speaking that is. We prefer our suitors to be damned near perfect.
    Any racial quotas?
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Where did I say I was always rich and wasn't poor after college? Is this one of your "I didn't read the thread again" posts?

How is your money you're own money and mine isn't my own money? How did that work? You sound like you don't like capitalism or something.
    I was basing it off of your “that sounds boring af” post in response to @Prestonluv saying he lived in a 900 sq ft. house at one point in his life. Fuck, I started out living in LA after college in a tiny studio apartment with a friend and wouldn’t trade it for a thing.

Maybe you didn’t mean to come across as an arrogant douchebag, but that’s the vibe I’m getting from you in this thread. My opinion only.

Naaah, he often puts out that vibe.
  • Options

Sounds like all the pussy around you made you a real bitch. You sound like a giant vagina
    Well, I had just enough in the way of balls to take care of business so my kids didn't have to wear garage sale clothes. So, not quite that bitch and pussy.

Sounds like you had a different experience. Sounds like your kids will tell their kids stories about growing up wearing hand-me-downs. I wonder what they'll all think of you.
  • Options
    BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,963
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Would you angry halfwits quit @ing me

Fucking christ
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Sledog said:

Any racial quotas?
    I haven't read Murray's book yet. Let me get back to you on that one.
  • Options
    SFGbob said:

Pompous and off-putting, I think we call it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

Too bad you guys built an economy where both people in a couple have to work.

Given Tim’s previous comments, blaming feminism for why he can’t get laid, I wouldn’t take much of what he has to say here seriously.

No they dont in most cases. It's a matter of whether couples want to struggle financially in order to have a stay at home parent.

My kids had a stay at home mom their whole childhood. We struggled financially the first 4-5 years because of this but learned how to survive. Maybe we didn't go on vacation and maybe we didn't have nice cars or own a home....but guess what....nobody else raised our kids either. Nobody else changed their diaper during the day or got to see them walk and talk first. My wife saw everything and was there for them at all times during day and I was there at night time when I got home from work. People have their priorities fucked up. They value positions and social standing and nice cars over family.

I made around 40k a year the first 3 years on average and about 70k on average the next three years.

40k single income family is lower class in seattle and 70k is lower middle class in seattle. I eventually made more but we lived on scraps for the first 5-6 years and it was all worth it

My kids are 18 and 21 and super sweet and kind and respectful. I'm not saying that kids can't be that way from homes that have both parents working or from single parent homes....I'm saying it happens more often when you have a loving parent there at all times to care for them and guide them especially when they are young.

When my kids both hit elementary school then their mom found a part time job during day.

Easy peasy.

I have no problem saying that couples who both decide to work full time in the first 5-6 years of their kids life are doing them a disservice
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2020/10/09/millennials-own-less-than-5percent-of-all-us-wealth.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/us-birthrate-decline-millennials-delay-having-kids-2019-5?amp

https://agranato.medium.com/can-a-millennial-single-earner-support-a-traditional-middle-class-family-8a1e2fee20be

This last one is trying to create the best, cleanest, in a vacuum scenario for can millennial parents live a middle class life with kids on a single income and when they gets there, they says this.

Actually implementing this in real life would require very strong patience and discipline. This would mean virtually no eating at restaurants, international travel, or expensive purchases in general, including in years that are several years before actually having children in order to build up a substantial nest egg. It would require that they consistently be able to get raises that exceed inflation and not have any substantial period of unemployment. In other words, it would require substantial luck and willingness to pinch pennies for decades. But if you have a bachelor’s degree and run the table, the numbers do work.

No, for most of us it is not a choice between dual incomes and struggling a little bit. Even in your worthless, anecdotal life story, your wife still eventually got a part time job. It is a dual income economy if you want kids. That is what the numbers show.
    She got the job mainly for adult interaction.
    By the time she got it I was making more money.

We lived in a 900 square foot home. We never went out. We didn't go on a vacation until they were 7 and 10. We never did anything expensive. We shopped at low income stores and got our clothes from garage sales in upper class neighborhoods.

We had one car and no financial help from anyone.

You can post all the links you want. I lived it in one of the richest cities on the face of this earth.
    Sounds depressing af.
    There are many other ways In life to have fun besides vacations and going out. I tend to feel sorry for people who don't realize this. Movie nights at home, walks on the beach, driving up to pass to play in snow, bike riding, coaching their sports teams from 4-8. Warm baths, clean water, electricity. Life is full of simple pleasures for the family and the individual that most tend to take for granted. I dont.

Couldn't agree with you more. When my 3 boys were all little guys we could have a complete blast and never leave the back yard.
  • Options
    edited March 2021

I think I said "miserabledepressing" af.

No, I meant to come across as an arrogant douchebag. This is the Tug.
  • Options

SFGbob said:

Synonym for “arrogant douchebag.” Not that’s there’s anything wrong it. Just call it like I see it. Own it.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited March 2021

SFGbob said:

thechatch said:

Sledog said:

Any racial quotas?
    I haven't read Murray's book yet. Let me get back to you on that one.
    Well if you're selecting your daughters' dates using statistics you may want to check into that.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter

SFGbob said:

Yeah, I do believe that is what "we" called it.