Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Inflow / Outflow Fupdate

Comments

• Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

The pleading for clicks here has gotten embarrassing

We just open the doors at the Tug and its filled up with scum and villainy

There's also less traffic in Atherton than there is in Tacoma.

I know where I'd rather live.

Maybe I should start a "Fuck you Jay Inslee!" or racial and ethnic IQ scores thread. That'll draw in the high rollers.

Trying to imagine a smart guy like @DawgsCanDance wanting to jump into that mud puddle.

;)
    We have it

You don't

And we aren't afraid to spike the ball
    You’ve had a head start and hired folks who have nothing else to do and don’t mind saying the same thing over 5,000 times.

We’ll hit our stride. Don’t worry about us; we’ll be ok.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Real men know what manliness is while the pretenders knit with creepy

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,978
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2021

Maybe I should start a "Fuck you Jay Inslee!" or racial and ethnic IQ scores thread. That'll draw in the high rollers.

Trying to imagine a smart guy like @DawgsCanDance wanting to jump into that mud puddle.

;)
    We have it

You don't

I got a crew of TUFF, salt of the Earth Central OR natives painting the interior my house this week. Doubtful they are Biden bros.

After hearing their crappy little Pandora speaker set up, turns out we share a passion for 60s and 70s cuntry music. They were admiring my stereo rig so I said hey let me DJ the last couple hours. So I cranked up all my Johnny Cash, Merl Haggard and Commander Cody records. We had a good old time singing three chords and the truth that all of us knew by heart.

That there is a real life, manly, Nebraska classy #unity moment for ya.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,506
    Swaye's Wigwam

;)
    We have it

You don't

You’ve had a head start and hired folks who have nothing else to do and don’t mind saying the same thing over 5,000 times.

I've seen it a hundred times

Welcome to dawgman 2.0
  • Options
    edited February 2021

;)
    We have it

You don't

I've seen it a hundred times

Welcome to dawgman 2.0
    No way. We were better than dawgman on the first day.

Pressing.
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

I know it's not fun to use as an example, but I believe in Seattle bouncing back and will stay long here. I know I'm going to move someday, but the days of me relocating and finding another job at the same level and comp. as what I have here are behind me. I have entertained a couple of recruiters and almost bit on two offers, but ultimately decided fuck it, I'll stay and finish here.

As one of the people who previously predicted Seattle’s DOOM.gif, you might be right. Rents are dropping and the light rail will be coming. Who knows? I think for you @creepycoug it’s smart to let it ride.

My reasons to relocate aren’t financial...I’ve just lived here too long and desperately want a change.
    I felt that way about 2 weeks after I graduated from UW. I really liked the city after growing up and going to HS in a small logging town, but the city traffic and people got to me after my 4 years there, so I bailed out and moved to Race's old stomping grounds - Oly is a nice in-between the city and the small town. But now the rat-race has caught up to me in Olympia and I'm considering other options. Odds are decent that I'll stay right here because I hate moving that much, though.

• Options
    1to392831weretaken1to392831weretaken Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 7,317
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    You guysm ever hear of Reno? Cool fucking city!

All I'm gonna say is DON'T come to Bellingham. It's awful. You'd hate it.

Lastly, NMTEB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEfsaXDX0UQ
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,895

You guysm ever hear of Reno? Cool fucking city!

All I'm gonna say is DON'T come to Bellingham. It's awful. You'd hate it.

Lastly, NMTEB:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEfsaXDX0UQ

Tonopah or STFU. Be a man and 40.

• Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,819
    Founders Club

@pawz you're up. This is your area ese.

Seriously. I feel like relocating anywhere is like chess...you have to be two or three steps ahead of your opponent in real estate or else you get squeezed out.

As much as I’m trying to be more dispassionate about this stuff, my heart does go out to the locals who have lived (and invested) in these communities. Just as they’re ready to buy their first home a bunch of rich pricks swoop in from out of state. And as the article states, it’s not like their wages are being adjusted for the higher cost of living. Seattlities are doing the very thing to other cities that was done to them a few decades ago.
    Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good when it comes to real estate.

I keep trying to divine where is the next hot spot going to be among the medium size towns. Seems like anything within 45 mins of a GA airport and having good outdoor recreation amenities is long since discovered. How are prices in Taos @DerekJohnson ?
    It has cooled off
    Looking at Zillow now. Is there a law that every home has to be pueblo influenced architecture?
    My condo had dropped in value by $17,000, according to Redfin
    As long as your condo isn't in downtown Seattle and/or a 1 bedroom, I'm happy to put it on the market for you and prove Redfin wrong. That's what I'm happy to do.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,819
    Founders Club
    Lots to unpack here ... but I'ma gonna only pick 3 ...

That people are on the move is no surprise. Covid really changed how the 'haves' commute and choose where to live. No doubt.

Redfin. El oh El. I'll never take seriously the advice or 'market perspective' offered by a Redfin agent. Roflcopters.

I'll concede a data scientist writing from the hard data on their backend servers is chintereseting perspective, but any sort of advice from run of the mill broker? Fuck right Off with that nonsense.

True story, I was showing a home in Medina literally 4 blocks from BG3 and the Redfin agent and buyer started having a spirited discussion on whether Medina Elementary was in the Bellevue School District. I couldn't handle it anymore. In a slightly more polite manner, I put my foot down to say YES YOU FUCKING MORON (Redfin Agent), OF COURSE IT'S BSD. This is seriously elementary shit (no pun intended).

Reading over the charts provided by the data scientists.... I would have lost a left-nut betting that people moving FROM Seattle went anywhere near Cali, let alone LA.

Chinteresting that Seattle's inflow is mostly from DENVER???!! I haven't run into a single fucking person moving here from Denver. Not a one. In fairness we cater to the Big Tech segment of the market, however again I would have bet heavily on the inflow coming FROM the SFO/Bay area.

• Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,120
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    The amount of “never texans” asking me neighborhood/school advice while they browse from Portland, socal, Seattle has gone from zero to about 10 in the last 6 months.
  • Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    If I ever move away from Texas I’m probably heading back to Nashville or somewhere in North Carolina. Beautiful areas...seasons...low tax...and generally more laid back folks than most areas. Heard New Mexico is nice as well but only driven through it.

But youngest isn’t even in school yet so it’s going to be a while...
  • Options
    pawz said:

That people are on the move is no surprise. Covid really changed how the 'haves' commute and choose where to live. No doubt.

Redfin. El oh El. I'll never take seriously the advice or 'market perspective' offered by a Redfin agent. Roflcopters.

I'll concede a data scientist writing from the hard data on their backend servers is chintereseting perspective, but any sort of advice from run of the mill broker? Fuck right Off with that nonsense.

True story, I was showing a home in Medina literally 4 blocks from BG3 and the Redfin agent and buyer started having a spirited discussion on whether Medina Elementary was in the Bellevue School District. I couldn't handle it anymore. In a slightly more polite manner, I put my foot down to say YES YOU FUCKING MORON (Redfin Agent), OF COURSE IT'S BSD. This is seriously elementary shit (no pun intended).

Reading over the charts provided by the data scientists.... I would have lost a left-nut betting that people moving FROM Seattle went anywhere near Cali, let alone LA.

Chinteresting that Seattle's inflow is mostly from DENVER???!! I haven't run into a single fucking person moving here from Denver. Not a one. In fairness we cater to the Big Tech segment of the market, however again I would have bet heavily on the inflow coming FROM the SFO/Bay area.

@pawz do you see a trend that the Redfins and Zillows over- or underestimate values? Or is it just random all-over-the-place shit?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,978
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    pawz said:

pawz said:

@pawz do you see a trend that the Redfins and Zillows over- or underestimate values? Or is it just random all-over-the-place shit?
    If it's a cookie cutter, track neighborhood sure.gif ...

If there is a ton of variety, custom like West Bellevue? GTFO...

My experience is its usually not accurate and it causes major head aches when Sellers wonder why we told them a number lower....

Cheap quip o' the Day: Its a Zestimate, not a Zappraisal
    I like that. I think that Zestimated range doesn't seem to be to off the mark. We? listed out Seattle home at the low end of the Zestimate and it sold for the high end of the Zestimate. Single family homes in King Country should be priced to be under contract within in 7 days of listing. If it takes more than this, your a greedy jack ass with a crappy agent.
  • Options
    pawz said:

I wouldn't have bet LA either. But Cali, when I think about it, makes some sense. As a general rule, people in the PNW like California. It's a beautiful state, and the weather is fucking nailz. But, it has a $$ problem that keeps a lot us? up here in the rain.

With crazy low interest rates and some ability to maybe take advantage of pricing by being a contrarian, I can see people saying, "It's now or never" to make a move, especially to So Cal.